A Million Pieces

WHITE CHRISTMAS

So that was exactly what they did. Ten went and got Dahyun some Japanese food. They ate, and then Ten took her to his apartment. After a shower and a fresh change of clothes, Dahyun wore an extra-large T-shirt of Ten’s. Then he took turns having his shower.

Dahyun scanned the kitchen of Ten's apartment. Her eyes swept passed the closed door that lead into the bathroom, the fully equipped kitchen, and then landed on the table to her right with the some shopping bags sitting on it. Dahyun squinted as an overwhelming sense of déjà vu washed over her. Ten’s apartment looked vaguely familiar, but she could not place where she had seen it before or when.

Frowning, she turned to stare at another closed door. Then, she pushed the door open a crack, stepped into the room, she found herself in Ten’s bedroom. Squinting into the semi-darkness, a shaft of light spilled into the bedroom from the hallway behind her, illuminating the beige wooden floor. There was lamp in the far corner beside a bed, cast a soft glow and elongated the shadows in the room, giving it an ambiance and a slightly creepy feeling all at the same time.

Dahyun turned to the hallway behind her and closed the door behind. The bedroom was thrown into dim twilight with the absence of the bright hallway light. She was not sure why, but she felt like an intruder, as if she should not be here which was ridiculous, because she had every right to be here. Ten was his boyfriend after all and she was going to sleepover here tonight. 

As her eyes grew accustomed to the gloomy lighting, Dahyun gazed about the room, taking in the simple furniture. For what it was, it was all right. Ten would not have chosen it voluntarily, she thought. It was more of a style his mother would like. Besides the odd pile of paperworks here and there, the room was clean. She spotted her suitcase besides a green couch, also a keyboard and guitar.

As she continued to gaze about the room, her eyes were drawn to the small table where Ten’s PC and his laptop sat. The little green light was on, indicating that it was on, but the screen was dark. Ten must have been using it and forgot to turn it off. For a second, she felt the icy grip of guilt, but brushed it aside with a snort.  But the uneasy feeling did not vanish completely, especially when her eyes traveled to the half-filled ashtray and the empty cigarette wrapper besides the laptop.

Dahyun sighed heavily and shook her head. Her eyes continued to the blackout curtains and the vertical blinds were drawn back and a cool breeze whispered through the open balcony doors, rustling the sheer curtains. She crossed the room towards the heavy blackout curtains. Searching among the folds of the drapes, she pulled the cord and watched as the curtains parted. The once gloomy room was thrown into sudden light of the street lamps. Deciding to leave the sliding glass doors opened, she stepped out onto a small balcony, overlooking the city. 

A stray cloud sailed passed the pale moon, momentarily obscuring her sight. When the loiterer finally moved on, the moonlight illuminated her standing on the balcony who was leaning forward against the railing. It was a beautiful night. Down below was traffic. The highway was like an ant’s highway, so far below. Cars, buses, trucks, they were going to and from places. Horns were blowing impatiently. The night was warm. Dahyun stared out over the city, watching the twinkling sea of lights that stretched out into the distant horizon and listened to the sound of traffic.

Silence collapsed as she lost herself to her thoughts. After what seemed like an eternity, but was in actuality only a handful of seconds, wind was blowing through her, making her shiver. But the wind wasn’t cold. It’s actually warm. ‘So why am I shivering?’ she asked herself as she rubbed her hands together, feeling nervous for some inexplicable reason.

Dahyun slightly jumped, startled out of her thoughts. Her body jerking in reaction as she heard the bedroom door open with what sounded to her like an explosion.

“Dahyunnie?”

“Huh?” She glanced over her shoulder as Ten stepped into the balcony.

“Hey,” Ten greeted her softly as he ran his fingers through his damp hair.

Dahyun blushed hotly as she drank in the sight of Ten’s scantily clad body. In her embarrassment, she wanted to look away, but found she could not tear her gaze away. Ten’s hair, damp from his shower, was slicked back from his face. A white towel hung draped around his shoulders. Her breath quickened as her gaze slowly roamed down his chest. She bit her lip as her gaze trailed down his abdomen, his beautiful waist and his black boxer.

“Like what you see?” Ten teased. As if he could read the thoughts spinning around in Dahyun’s head, which he probably could.

Her blush flared hotter in response. Ten chuckled as he yanked off the towel from around his neck, and tossed it nonchalant inside the bedroom onto the back of the couch in the corner.

Embarrassed to the nth degree, Dahyun turned away, crossing her arms to her chest and she returned her attention back out the night view, trying to ignore the heated gaze on her.

Loving the reactions Ten could get out of her.

“Are you alright?” Ten asked as wrapped his arms around her narrow waist, leaning his chin on her shoulder. Dahyun pulled out and nodded her head, her hair shaking in the night breeze.

“I’m fine, oppa.”

Dahyun felt his embrace tighten around her, the warmth was still foreign somehow. She felt his nose leave butterfly kisses on her temple, the last one lingering far longer. They stood for awhile, watched the traffic far below, and then Ten grabbed her hand, guided her inside, making the way, they stepped out of the balcony, sliding the door shut behind him, and heading straight toward the bed.

Ten reached over and a nearby lamp as Dahyun sitting at the foot of the bed, she pulled her legs up onto the bed and folded them beneath her. She plucked at a loose thread on the quilt. With a deep sigh, Dahyun fell over backwards, bouncing lightly on the mattress. Her body was slanted to one side, her legs crooked and slightly apart, showing-perhaps intentionally-a part of her that he was definitely not supposed to see. Ten blushed. Why was she doing this to him?

Ten reached out for his mineral water bottle and opened it.

“Here you go.”

“Thanks,” she said as she drank, then gave it back to him.

"Aren't you going to wear a shirt?” Dahyun asked as Ten took a swig of his bottled water.

“You stole my T-shirt, babe. Hope you don’t mind to see me shirtless.” He grinned cutely, showing off his perfect white teeth.

“ert!” Dahyun snapped. Ten cocked an eyebrow, his lip twitched.

“Would you stop calling me ert?” Ten narrowed his gaze.

“Of course,” she snorted. “... I won’t,” she continued in a mocking voice.

“You’re so annoying!” Ten rolled his eyes, but the smile on his face and the expression he wore when he spoke contradicted the eye movement. What does he expect? After all, not every night he had his beloved over.

She laughed. A soft look of adoration on his face as his stare longingly at her.

“So, what are we going to do now?” She asked as she propped herself up on her elbows, watched her boyfriend grabbed and pulled the blanket. Ten chuckled as he playfully tossed the blanket over her head to bury her. Dahyun yelled, reached a hand out underneath, pushed the blankets, and sat up. Straightening, Dahyun suppressed a yawn. 

“It’s up to you,” Ten was saying, belted out a laugh as he crawled into bed. Ten pulled his pillows up against the headboard and laid back. Sighing happily, he smiled up at the ceiling. The smile faltered into a frown as a strange feeling washed over him.

“I know, but…” She wanted Ten’s opinion. She scrubbed her hands over her face.  Yawning again, ground her knuckles into her tired eyes.

“Is there something you want to do?” He d her warm body he intended to cuddle against.

“I don’t know, watching TV, I guess.” Dahyun cringed at her own words.

“You want to watch TV?” his lips pulled into a smile, his Dahyun was so cute.

Dahyun raised her eyebrow and said, “Yes, I want to watch TV with you.”

“As long as you’re happy.”

Ten grabbed the remote from the nightstand and clicked to the flat screen television mounted on the wall. The screen flickered and channel it opened up to was KBS2 and a drama called Descendants of the Sun was currently on. With the remote cradled in his lap, he let her head flopped to his side, crossing her arm over his chest, with a leg tucked underneath him.

“Hey, this is a nice drama,” he said. Dahyun turned up to face her boyfriend.

“You watch drama?” Dahyun asked, a bit surprised that he knew this show.

“Yeah. My laptop is filled with dramas I copied from my friend,” he said, a little laugh escaping.

“You’re weird, you know that,”

“Hey, am I not?”

“Yes you are…,” she said, feeding his egotistic derision.

“Oh, whatever, I’ve watched this episode before, this one’s good,” he said, grabbed his bottled water again and drink.

Dahyun looked at the television, hearing him comment at the scenes. From the corner of her eye, she can still see how bright his smile is. Dahyun covered as a yawn seized her. She had never meant to sleep, but feeling his body close and his breath even, relaxing her, making her sleepy.

“Oppa?” came her sleepy voice. With the sound of the television, bet he didn’t hear it. “Tenten oppa?”

“Hmm,” he looked down at his lover, lifted her face with a finger under her chin. “You look tired.” He said.

A yawn was her answer. “Seeing as I’ve been sleep until, uhm, noon, tired is an understatement, but it was worth the lack of sleep...” Dahyun explained.

Ten, with his ever-smiling face, looked at her. He reached for the remote control and turned off the television, the apartment quieted down all of a sudden. He looked back at her and asked, “You wanted to tell me something?”

A serious expression slipped onto her face. Ten wondered what she was thinking. Facing forward, Ten doubled over and stared down at her.

“Maybe...,” she mumbled against Ten’s chest as entwined their legs together. Draping an arm around Dahyun, he hugged her tightly against his side.

“Then tell me,”

Dahyun yawned, her eyes watering and her jaw popping. Shaking his head, he reached up with his callouse hand and cover . She smiled cutely.

“I love you,” he whispered before he kissed the top of her head.

“I know,” she answered with a knowing smile. “Oppa, can we go outside? Please…?” she paused to yawn again, “I want to go outside,” she pleaded.

“Go where?” he asked carefully through narrowed eyes.

Dahyun took a deep breath. “I wanna see Banpo Bridge Moonlight Rainbow Fountain Show!”

Ten blinked as he tried to sort through the mumbled, jumbled mass. “Banpo Bridge Moonlight Rainbow Fountain Show?”

“I want to go.” Yawning, Dahyun stretched her arms over her head.

“You want to go to Banpo Hangang Park?” He repeated slowly. Dahyun bit her lip and nodded. Ten stared at her hard for several long silent seconds. Then,

“No.”

Disappointment swirled through Dahyun. She gasped and snapped her head up. “Why not?” She whined.

“Because I said so.”

“OPPA!” She sat up.

Ten shook his head. “No, Dahyunnie.”

“Please! I wanna go!” Dahyun stared at her boyfriend with her trademark aegyo. Ten felt his eye twitch. Damn that expression! It got him every time! Against his better judgment, he felt himself caving in. He heaved a heavy sigh as he sank back. “Why do you want to go to Banpo?”

Dahyun brightened immediately. She smiled and bounced in her seat. “Because I want to see it!”

Ten sighed again and massaged his throbbing temples. “Tomorrow night, ok?” Dahyun pouted and crossed her arms over her chest, looking even younger than she already did. “No! Now! C’mon, oppa! It’s only 7pm!!”

“For now, let’s watch TV, ok? You like anime? Or The Walking Dead TV series?”

“Oppaaaa,” Dahyun continued, whining. “Today is my birthday!”

Ten sighed heavily. “You can hardly keep your eyes open,” he stated as he took his phone from bedside table, ignoring Dahyun’s continued protestations and whines.

“Oppa,” she snapped. “Are you listening to me?”

Not really, he thought. Despite the fact that she was yawning every ten seconds and her eyes felt like hot pokers had been shoved into them, Dahyun continued to beg her boyfriend to take her outside.

Tired of hearing her whines, Ten sighed in defeat. “Alright, little brat! I’ll take you out, but only after you take a nap!”

Dahyun’s complaints suddenly switched off. snapped shut and a bright smile lit her face. “Really? You’ll take me outside?” Her eyes shinned. She bounced on the bed in delight.

Ten could not help himself. He had no idea how or why her happiness was very contagious. People could not seem to help it. Whenever she smiled and was happy, so was everyone around her. He studied her overly excited girlfriend, a slight smile on his face.

“Yes! Lets watch Banpo Bridge Moonlight Rainbow Fountain Show at 9 pm~ But, you have to take a nap first,” he reminded with a harsh tone.

The smile slipped off her face and the light vanished from her face. It was like taking off a mask, it was that smooth.

Dahyun looked up suspiciously. “I’ll make a deal with you if you lied to me!” she sighed, and lay down on the bed besides him again.

“Take a nap…”

The pout deepened. Ten reached up to caress her cheek, fingers trailing over her face, touching his hair softly and sweetly. opened, then closed, and that in itself made him want to snap her, but he opted for hissing in a breath. She stayed quiet for a moment.

"Would you sing for me?" she demanded in a low voice.

“Sing?” he blinked at her. She tilted her head, as if trying to pry into his mind, and he had the vauge sense it was working.

“Pleaseeee, with your guitar...,” she pleaded. “I want you to lull me to sleep,” she said when the others looked at her.

“Lets play music from my phone, ok?” he said, much to her disappointment, as he grabbed his iPhone from its resting place in the cup holder. Ten would never admit it aloud but he found Dahyun’s pout rather cute. Really cute.

“Oh my God. You are so...so..annoying...!!!!” Dahyun sat up, slid down to the other side of the bed. She brought her legs to her chest. As overwhelming as the urge to cry was, the tears just would not come.

Ten sighed heavily. He could feel a headache coming on. “Babo,” he sighed.  He was tired of sighing, but it was inevitable while around her.

“Why are you getting so..?”

Dahyun narrowed her gaze.  “So, what?”

“So drama queen?!” Ten snapped. Pretending to be hurt, Dahyun pouted.

Ten sighed and flopped back in the headboard, running his fingers through his hair. He leaned his head back and stared at the drop down ceiling, ignoring her. She crawled and playfully punched his arm, just so she could get her way. Then he sighed is resignation. “Fine. Fine. I’ll do it.”

“Yes,” Dahyun cried out, throwing her hands in the air. She flung herself at her boyfriend and kissed his cheek hard,

Ten snorted. “I hope it sounds ok, its been awhile~” he muttered.

“Alright,” she announced, slapped her hands on her lap, jumped off from the bed and standing up. Dahyun walked over to his guitar and gave it to him. Quickly she plumped the pillows and straightened the bed covers.

Ten continued to strum on his guitar. One of the cords sounded off, tuning his guitar, he glanced up at his beloved girlfriend and smiled. The room falling into sudden silence. The sounds of an acoustic guitar filled the quiet along with Ten’s soft voice filled the quiet of the apartment, he sang Kyuhyun’s A Million Pieces (밀리언조각). Dahyun cocked her head and listened.

Neoneun wae itolog naleul tteollige hani

(Why are you making me so nervous?)

Neoui jonjaemani naleul sum swige hani

(Is it only your existence that makes me breathe?)

Amudo eobseossdeon gananhaessdeon maeumi

(I was so lonely with nobody around me)

Boseog gateun neolo gadeughae, gomawo

(Now my heart is all full of you and thank you)

The peace was shattered by his voice singing, his voice sent a chill down her spine and made her whirl around.

Saranghae maljocha akkaun naui hanappunin salama

(You are the only one that I love so much)

Majimagilan maleun haji malayo

(Don’t say that it’s the last)

Neon nopiseo banjjagineun byeol, son daheul su eobsi meoleossdeon

(You are like the shining star in the sky there far that I couldn’t reach)

Geu geoli oneul gakkawojin geolkka

(Did I get a little closer today?)

He sang with his heart in his voice, it was the first time he sang just for her, without any doubts of showing his true feelings. Dahyun strolled around the bed and lounged at his side, draping an arm around his shoulders.

Oneul bam geudaelan millieonui jogagdeullo

(Tonight you are a million pieces)

Nae gaseum gajang gipeun gose chaeugo chaeugo chaeuo

(You fill, fill, and fill deep inside my heart)

Buseojin nae maeum geudaemani moajuo

(You collect my broken heart)

I bamui gajang gipeun gose, geudaeui bicheulo gadeughage

(Tonight in the most deep place, your light filled me fully)

 

Jichyeo ollyeoda bon bam

(The night sky I looked up being worn out)

Jageun neoui bit hana butjapgo georeosseo

(I walked down following your little light)

Neoman boyeosseunikka

(Because you were the only one I could see)

Neoui ganeumjocha hal su eopsdeon nunbusin bicci

(The amazingly bright light)

I bamui kkeuteuro heulleonaerige

(Flows down to the end of tonight)

 

Neoneun wae itolog naleul tteollige hani

(Why are you making me so nervous?)

Neoui jonjaemani naleul sum swige hani

(Is it only your existence that makes me breathe?)

 

Oneul bam geudaelan millieonui jogagdeullo

(Tonight you are a million pieces)

Nae gaseum gajang gipeun gose chaeugo chaeugo chaeuo

(You fill, fill, and fill deep inside my heart)

Buseojin nae maeum geudaemani moajuo

(You collect my broken heart)

I bamui gajang gipeun gose, geudaeui bicheulo gadeughage

(Tonight in the most deep place, your light filled me fully)

“Dahyunnie? What’s wrong,” Ten asked confusion, suddenly worried about his girlfriend, after he finished a soft song. Ten set his guitar, placed it down on the floor without even moving from his seat. Dahyun’s head snapped up.

“Huh?” She shook her head. “Nothing,”

“How can you say that,” Ten asked with a shake of his head. “You’re crying, why?”

Dahyun was not sure when she started, she found her face drenched with tears. She wiped at then futilely and sniffed, but they would not stop.

“Did I do something wrong?”

Not trusting her voice, Dahyun shook her head as she cried silently. Ten cupped her cheek with his hand. He felt his heart breaking at the tears that rolled down his lover’s face. Those same fingers that the cords on the guitar, brushed away the tears that fell from her eyes as it rolled down her face. Dahyun leaned into the warm touch of his hand against her clammy skin. She sniffled as her tears continued to flow. 

“What’s this for, huh?”

Dahyun looked up to face him "That was beautiful, oppa." She kissed his hand with so much love, her heart swollen. "Thank you, no one ever showed me so much love like you have tonight, you are a treasure for me, oppa."

With a gentle smile on his face and a softened expression in his eyes, he lightly grasped her arms. Dahyun stared up into those irresistible eyes gazing down at her and quickly found herself lost within their intensity.

Ten framed her face with his hands. He brought her head little by little towards him until their breath mingled in the air between their lips. Dahyun’s gaze shifted from the hypnotic gaze he had to the thin lips parted before her. A stray tear rolled down her cheek. Ten leaned down, kissed the salty droplet away. Then he pressed his lips against hers. He slid off of his girlfriend and enveloped her tightly in his arms, lifting her into his lap. Dahyun buried her face against his neck and clung to him like she was the last solid object in an endless sea. She sobbed silently into his bare shoulder, let her eyes slide shut.

“Baby?” Ten whispered, “Stay,” he found himself saying, he wanted to make sure he was not reading more into what was there.

Dahyun blinked. “Hmm?”

“Stay here. With me.”

Dahyun lifted her head with a surprised flutter of lashes. “Huh?” She sounded half-asleep, but Dahyun really had to know, pried open an eye with much difficulty and glanced at him, “Why?”

“Why what?”

“If you don’t mind me asking, why…?”

“Is it too much to ask for?”

“Was there any specific reason why you asked me to stay when I’m already here, with you.”

Ten chuckled at the clueless expression on her face. He lay back down and wrapped himself tightly around her waist. Dahyun curled up around her lover, wrapping her arms and hooking her legs around his. He sighed and stared up at the ceiling, deep in thought.

“Listen, baby, I was never in a deep relationship before,” he confessed. “And being with other girls and Yoohyun doesn’t count,” he added quickly. “I mean, I never… I’ve never been…in love.” He blushed at this admission. “I never even knew what it meant to love someone other than my family or my bestfriends, my dogs, chocolate, art, music, sport, surfing. So, I mean… fall in love with you, someone I thought I can never have, mostly wishful thinking, and you fall in love with me, things I wanted to happen, things I thought that maybe never will.” He sighed and shrugged. Dahyun smiled, keeping eye contact with her man, watching Ten talks, listening to such a soft voice coming from his lips. Ten should of known Dahyun would be able to read him like a book, opening his heart and carefully turning and reading each page.

“...I don’t know if I can explain this so that it makes sense,” He shrugged. “It didn't take me long to come fully awake and aware, let me think I was weaker than I was. That was a mistake, in not letting you know that you had me completely under your control as I opened up the field for you to start the damage on me. I dreamt of you every night, wanting your arms around me, holding me close. Just like this.” He squeezed her and planted a kiss on her forehead.

“That is more precious than anything else to me. My dreams are shockingly simple, I just need you near, as near as a thought. Just like this...,” Sighing contently, Ten closed his eyes and snuggled against her. She pressed the heels of her palms into her moist eyes, what he said hit her like a ton of bricks. Ten tilted his head back and glanced at Dahyun. “Does that make sense?” He asked.

“Hm?” Dahyun stunned, her eyes snapped open. “Yeah, it does.” She trailed off.

Ten smiled, his eyes shinning. He cupped Dahyun’s stunned face and lowered his head until their breaths mingled. Dahyun opened , but shut it when she could get nothing to come out. She her lips and tried again. “Iloveyou,” she rushed out. She gave a sighed long and deep. That had been harder to say than she thought possible. She flung herself at her lover and hugged him tightly.

Ten’s eyes grew wide, “I love you, too, Dahyunnie.” He hugged her back, cuddling closer to the warmth of her, getting all choked up.

He narrowed his eyes and pursed his lips. “So, that’s your answer?”

Dahyun blushed, her hand played his piercings. She felt her heart sinks. She had figured as much. It had hurt, that she could see what people would think that she was all willing to live together with her boyfriend. Once again, she is eighteen. Ten, though, tend to forget, is only twenty. Even if Dahyun’s parents knew and trusted him and have supported and allowed their courtship. Society always have set strict rules and guidelines.

“Oppa, I don’t know what to say?” Dahyun stared down at her hands that were unconsciously rubbing his chest. Suddenly she was very nervous.

“How about thank you, oppa, I would love to live here with you..., lasts for summer break?”

‘Summer break?’ Dahyun stared right at him, “Thank you, oppa. I would really love to live here with you for summer break.” Her smile slipped.

Ten smiled brightly. “Thanks, baby.” He draped an arm around her shoulders and played with the ends of her hair.

“I’m counting on you. I’m counting on all of you. Don’t make me regret.” She said.

“You won’t! Now sleep~” Ten said seriously as he removed his arms and grabbed Dahyun’s hand, lacing their fingers together. Dahyun turned her head and smiled warmly at him. Unable to help himself, Ten leaned over and brushed their nose together.

“I love you,” he whispered.

“I know,” Dahyun whispered back.

Suddenly, a sly grin slipped across his face. His eyes glinted. Dahyun peeled open an eye as she felt the bed jostle. She watched as Ten rounded the bed to the nightstand. He opened the top drawer and felt inside for what he knew was there.  His hand closed around a tiny box. With a smile, he pulled it out. Closing the drawer with his hip, Ten turned back towards the bed.

“Are you missing this?” He gave her a tiny box. Dahyun removed the lid and found what Ten meant. Sterling silver bracelet cuff with rose gold infinity symbol. She looked at him.

“I’m sorry..,” Dahyun could not help a blush that colored her face as she remembered the events of that night, when she threw the bracelet off.

“Actually, this is my birthday present for you.” He slid the bracelet down onto her wrist. “This infinity symbol is a powerful symbol of continuous connection and energy.” He explained. Dahyun looked from the bracelet to her boyfriend.

“My friends said, this bracelet was expensive, and was not a fake one. It stamped with Tiffany & Co., and the metal was marked with 925. This was a fancy bracelet.”

Ten frowned, “Why did it matter anyway?” He propped himself up on an elbow, “I love you, but as much as I try, it’s not in the way that you deserve.” He pulled Dahyun back down, laced their hands together. “I really want to make you happy. Your happiness, it’s all that really matters.” He said.

“Oh, for heaven’s sake,” Dahyun snapped out. “I love you too, oppa. I love your eyes that were always shinning, I love your thousand-watt smile you were always wearing. There were a thousand different reasons why do I love you but at the same time, it was none of those.”

Ten’s heart fluttered in his chest, “I-I don’t deserve you, Kim Dahyun. You are too good for me. I have nothing to offer you that you couldn’t find somewhere else. So that’s…that’s why,” Ten continued, “that’s why..., I thought..., I can be a much better man for you, if I would be able to give you everything I could.”

Dahyun stared intently into his eyes. “How can you be so naïve?”

Ten blinked, confused. “I’m so sorry for being so naïve!” He trailed off.

Dahyun stared at her lover with a raised eyebrow. She shook her head, a determined look on her face. Sighing, “Oppa, you know. Just having you by my side, lending me an ear and a shoulder and every now and then, the warmth of your arms. That’s all I ask of you. I want nothing more than to be with you, my Ten. With you, who made me smile when I was sad, you made me laugh, even when I was feeling like , make me feel wanted when I was alone, to be held when I was scared. You made me smile at the mere thought of you. At one point, I would find everything I ever wanted in a man, in you, my Ten. So, please, stop buying me ridiculously lavish expensive gifts. Stop buying me stuff that I don’t need. I’m not with you for your money.”

Ten was struck speechless. He opened his mouth to speak, but it was as if his brain had gone on holiday. He could not think of a single thing to say. He closed his mouth without be able to say anything. He smiled down at her as he lifted their joined hands to his lips and pressed a chaste kiss onto her knuckles.

Dahyun yawned, Ten reached out with his free hand and traced a pattern on her cheek. “Maybe you should get some sleep now,” he whispered. “I’ll wake you up before nine.”

Dahyun lay her head on his chest letting one hand curiously tangled on her silky hair then he grabbed her and placed her in a more comfortable place for him, sliding one of her legs between his. The feeling of his arms around her hip weren't help her to sleep.

“Stop teasing me. We have all night, you know that? Just do it.”

“Baby?” Ten asked confused and concerned. Dahyun grinned at him,

“I know that grin, and it means trouble for me.”

“I have no idea what do you mean.” Dahyun said, grinning.

“I know, baby, I’m too, but you really are too tired tonight. Tomorrow morning though, I might sneak into your sleep.”

“Op-paaa,” Dahyun cried embarrassed, she pulled away from him and stared at him. She could not believe what she was hearing, “Wha-what are you saying? I just want... umm... a goodnight kiss!”

Ten grinned before leaning down to peck her lips. She was so cute when she blushed.

“How was that?”

“Not what I had in mind,” Dahyun said, frowning.

Then he leaned down and kissed her with the slightest pressure against her lips before claiming in a demanding kiss.

“Oppa,” she sighed.

Only a small lamp illuminated the scene of their cuddling bodies in the glommy room. When he pulled away,

“Better?” He asked. Dahyun was flushed, she could only nod as she was half-asleep. “Now, sleep!”

She was about to protest, but sleep sounded like a very good idea right about now.

He smiled at her, “Goodnight, Kim Dahyun~” He whispered softly. “Thank you, you make my life worth living.” Ten sighed deeply while saying a brief prayer of thanks in his mind.

He had never been more grateful than he was right now.

======================================================================================

 

======================================================================================

It was hard to describe Ten’s apartment. Maybe, it was like this? Just add a guitar, balcony and some stuff here and there.

I just wanna say thanks to everyone who continues to read this and those who comment! I really appreciate it! TuT

I hope you guys like this chapter. It was kinda long and boring.

Anyways, The next chapter will have a rating change XD just to warn you! If you don’t like scenes, be forewarned! Hehe.

Sunshine couple at fansign events. Aren’t they cute? ^^

(SM ruined cutted Tenten's hair, but he somehow pulled the hairstyle off tho)

– Love, Airin -