A demon story - the introduction

Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo

He looked peaceful at the people strolling on the streets, if it was a 1000 years ago, they would have been delicious, but now, they were just a living things. What hadn’t a 1000 years old demon say before, he had witnessed more than his share of love, hate, happiness, sadness, anger, frustration, betrayal, and so much more. He had slowly immune his heart to these different emotions and his heart was like a piece of ice, nothing could stir it. He was not cold, just indifference to the living world.

He leaped from the roof he was sitting to observe the world live by, into an alley. He noticed a girl was cornered by a gang of hooligans. Typically, he would let it pass, life was not always prefect. But this girl had been strong, she had already down two of them and successfully made the rest angry. Yet, no fear showed in her eyes, just the determination to win. He liked that and disliked the fact the hooligans were ganging up on a poor defensive girl. He stepped in, the girl was on the ground. He merely uses 0.001% of his strength and the gang lay scattered on the ground.

He didn’t bother to ask whether she was ok, he walked away. “Thanks,” the girl shouted after him while getting up and swept all the dust from her clothes. She was thankful that the man had come to her help, she shuddered to think what if he hadn’t. She walked past the men and jumped hard on each one of them. “Let’s for bullying girls” she said under her breathe.

He caught that, a rare smile floated up on his face. She had sparked his interest and he exceptionally remembered her face, her smell and her voice. He leapt back to the roof and watched her until she disappeared into the streets. He went back to the men, ending their life, not wanted to take a chance to let them ruin his new toys. He had an odd feast, they didn’t taste good, but it was a meal in 200 years, although it didn’t taste as rewarding. His stomach took in the whole gang, leaving nothing, but not for long, the repulsion came and he ended up vomited everything up in the forest. He left it there, some animals would finish up for him.

He went back to his cave, and sat down mediating, cleansing from his feast.

He woke from his mediation 2 years later. He remembered the girl and wondered how she was. He left his cave to search for her, finally found her in a farm. She had grown up, prettier than before. “Seong-Im” an old woman called her.

“Coming mum,” she shouted from the rice field.  Her eyes shone with liveliness, her lips were pick and cheeks like two peaches. He smiled, turning away, happy that she was well. He watched her for the whole day, although her life was simple, she was a happy girl. Her family was a warm one, and she could go away without hunger.

He stretched himself, satisfied that the girl would have a happy life and went back to his cave. His revere this time was slightly longer, a hundred years had passed, until he woke up. He went back to her house but couldn’t find her there, he noticed a similar smell had come from another house, he leapt to the roof top, this time the family looked wealthier, heaven had treated her good, she was again a pretty woman, she must have done a lot of good things in her previous life. He wondered did she still is the determine, fearless young thing he had saved before. It didn’t take him too long to find out, she was all that and more.

She had again stood up to a gang of hooligans for two defenseless woman. She was prettier and the gang make her their target instead. He watched her as she fearless stood up for herself, and her poor maid.  This time she was even stronger, knocking down three men. She was the feisty young thing, he had remembered.

He lent his hand again, finishing up the hooligans in a flash. She felt the familiarity in the scene, he was not a stranger to her, but yet this was the first time she saw him. His strength amazed her, the hooligans were on the floor in an instant. She watched he turned to leave and ran towards him, stepping over all the hooligans in the process. “Thank you, kind sir, for your assistance. Please can I know your name?” she said, her voice soft yet determined.

He turned, this was the first time she saw the face, a face filled with indifference, yet his eyes were filled with gentleness. “I am Kim Jong Kook.”

“I am Song Ji Hyo.” He smiled at her and disappeared into the crowd. She couldn’t explain it, but she felt she had knew him long long time before.

He was on top of the roof again, watching her after she left the place, he looked at the men. He had lost his interest in eating them but he couldn’t simply killed them and left the men here. They had to die, there was no doubt. The animals on the mountain should be hungry. He quickly picked up all the men and transported them to the roof, before killing them one by one in a crash of his hand and took them into the mountain. She was safe once more.


Hi people, if you are intereseted to make this into a short story, please leave your comment below .. or else i would just add maybe another chapter :)