Valentine Day

Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo

It was Valentine Day morning, to her, it was another morning. There was nothing to look forward too, he wouldn’t send her anything. He had told her already about his rules. She was nonchalant about it and this year she had even chosen to work in a foreign country. Even though they don’t celebrate, they would still spend the day together. But this year, she had broken the tradition. It was not meant to be, the promotion was rescheduled and it was the only Sunday she had available for the next few months.

He remembered his face when she told him about it, his eyes shown hurt then he quickly dismissed it, both knew the work was important. She had tried to make amends but they just couldn’t meet. There must be something she can do, she drafted a valentine plan. Every morning, he would go to his gym at home to work out. His mother had helped to plant her love letter on his favourite machine. Her love letter, she mused, is the first one she ever wrote.

“My dear Jong Kook Oppa,

Thank you for been my love these few years, if it not for you, I wouldn’t be where I was. You had taught me how to stay strong in the industry, you gave me strength to carry on. You also showed me your love when I least expected it, even during fanmeets. You make my heart raced, yet you make my heart at peace all at the same time, I didn’t know this was how love felt until I was in love with you. There was no moment that I wasn’t grateful that you felt in love with me. My life was so complete after you came into my life. My love, I couldn’t spend valentine day with you but I hope you know that my heart was with you forever.

Your love forever,

Ji Hyo.”

She hoped he would be pleased and understood her. She saw a letter, on her table, with her name on it, the handwriting was familiar. She opened it, and couldn’t help but smiled.

“My dearest Ji Hyo,

Thank you for been my love all these years, if not for you, I didn’t know where I was. I had been at a lost, if you didn’t appear in my life, I would still be a lonely and desperate man. It wouldn’t be the colourful life it is now. You always shown me love, no matter where. You would tell me in so many different ways, no matter how far I stood from you, you would find your way to me. I couldn’t believe you love me still, I just want you to know I would love you forever. My life is now complete. My love, even if we don’t spend valentine day together today, you must know my heart is with you forever.

Your love forever,

Jong Kook.”

It was a simple letter, not his usual nagging style, but she could felt his heart in the letter. She didn’t know he would plant letter too. They sometime are too alike. She missed his nagging now, he would if he saw what she was having for breakfast, sausages, ham, fried eggs, fries, the full worked. She wondered should she take a picture for him, yes she would. she missed his voice. She shot a video with her eating the things he hated most.

The reply was instant, his nagging voice mail came and he started his lecture on healthy eating. He nagged for 5 minutes and she smiled while listening and eating at the same time. It was the best thing she had heard all morning.

Ok, time for his next present, she looked at the clock. She smiled, he would like it. She had checked his schedule, he should be in his work place. She had sent him her favourite lunch, seafood noodle. She knew he would like it too. “Ji Hyo, your turn to make appearance now.” Her manager call her.

“Ok,” she couldn’t wait for his reply and she went to do her show. When she was back, she saw 3 messages, all from him. “It was delicious! I like it” was his first message. “What did you have for lunch?” was his second message. “You had your lunch?” his third message said.

She giggled, of course, she ate, all kind of dim sum. She sent him her lunch picture. “Of course I did! Better than yours. Haha.”

His reply was an angry face, “I’m glad you had fun. Should I fly there and join you for dinner?”

“Of course not, I would be back by then. If you fly over, who I will have dinner with” she quickly stopped him.

“I know, your manager had shown me your schedule. Fool you. Be back early. I will be waiting for you.”

“Ok, on the way to airport now. See you later.” She got on her car, she was happy to be united with her love again.