Detectives ?

Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo

Ji Hyo followed Jong Kook as they "investigate" the crime in episode 287. Jong Kook always could pick up the clues and they would discuss. Kwang Soo needed to tag along, no doubt, but there was no choice. The PDs had seen to it, for whatever reasons they had, Ji Hyo could not be left alone with Jong Kook. That was a stupid rule, Ji Hyo thought, but there was no reason not too.

The other members had supported the idea, each time they were left alone without the destructive Kwang Soo or Suk Ji, they ended up winning too easily. No one else even had a chance. It made the show not so interesting, the PD had insisted.

Anyway it ok, they would still treat Kwang Soo as invisible, as the two quietly discussed about the clues left behind. "Oppa, Jong Kook Oppa" she called when she saw the open window. Jong Kook had came running.

"The window is too high, climb on my back, Ji Hyo." Jong Kook said, trying to let her into the crime scene first. Anyway nothing was real, it just a brunch of actors.

"But won't that hurt you?" Ji Hyo is worried.

"Come on, you? Hurt me, unless you are 50 kg, maybe I would be worried. So you are more that 50kg?" He started to .

"Oppa, of course not, I would prove to you" as she climbed up his back. He slowly stood straight so that she could get into the window more easily. Just then Jae Sek had sat himself on Kwang Soo's shoulder and joined the pair. Then Jae Suk hurried Ji Hyo after she climb through the window to open the door and let them in. They started to examine the scene.

"Mm funny, only you and Haha had nothing to do here." Jong Kook noted.

"I am really not the one," she insisted. Her eyes looked at him with no guilt.

"I believed you, let's look around some more." Both of them scouted around for more clues.

When they discovered the master key was missing, they conducted a search of the entire place only to find it in Kwang Soo's hut. But Ji Hyo had wondered off, she needed to ask more from the cleaning lady.

Then Jong Kook and Ji Hyo met up again and exchanged clues, it was then the cleaning lady was "murdered". Jong Kook wondered, and drag Ji Hyo aside. "You want to win this episode?"

"Nope, there was no gold, I am not interested." Jong Kook smiled.

"Ok," Jong Kook didn't revealed anything and went with the game. He even made the wrong conclusion giving only half the answer.

"The price is a London trip with Haha" the PD announced. The rest of the running men cheered Gary. Jong Kook and Ji Hyo laughed.

After the recording, Jong Kook and Ji Hyo was the last two to leave. "You knew, didn't you, Oppa?" Ji Hyo asked, she felt lucky she didn't get a trip with Haha or Gary. The only one she interested in is ... Well, she not getting her wish anyway,

"No, I guessed wrongly." Jong Kook insisted.

"Really, luckily then. Or else you are going for a trip with Haha Oppa. Who knows where you could find the time to go." Ji Hyo said, Jong Kook was busy preparing for his up and coming concert.

"Yeah and you too. How is your recording coming." He asked.

"Ok, he was a gentleman." She didn't see someone's eye darken. "Anyway, he would make a prefect husband." She nodded, her "husband" had shown great care of her, he was gentle towards her during and after the recording.

"You liked him?" He asked again, really he didn't know why.

Her question stoke her heart, "No, there was someone else." She blurted out.

"Really?" He sounded defeated.

"But he didn't know it. I don't think he was interested." She too sounded defeated.

"You want me to help?" He tried to help, even if his heart hurt. It always to better for one to suffer rather than two.

"Yes, can you help me sound him out" she felt bold today. She was not getting any younger by the seconds, and from what she heard, her Oppa here is a scary cat When it came to love.

"Ok, give me a name, I would try."

"Oppa, I needed to go now," she looked at her ringing phone, she was saved by her manager. "I would message you." She quickly ran off. Her manager took her home. She took a shower to calm herself down, the three words she would be messaging to him make her nervous. How would he take it, she didn't know. She could only hope for the best. Maybe she should chicken out, but no... She deserved her chance at her happiness.

"Kim Jong Kook." She pressed send on her message and then she quietly waited for the reply. 1..2..3.. She started counting in her heart, 10000...10001...10002 .. She grew sleepy, why is there no reply.

"Ding Dong, ding dong." Her doorbell rang and she woke up, rubbing her eyes, She took a look at her silent phone, no reply yet. She sighed and went to the door. From the display, she saw him outside the door. She quickly opened the door and let him in.

"Why are you here" she asked once the door was closed.

"You meant it? The person in your heart is Kim Jong Kook?" He looked anxious.

"Yeah ......" She paused and took a deep breathe. "If it is not him, why I wanted to send you the name."

"This Kim Jong Kook ..." He sounded uncertain. "This Kim Jong Kook is me?"

"Of course it you, how many Kim Jong Kook I know?" She confirmed.

"It is REALLY ME??" He was elated. "It really me, the future husband you want is me?"

"YES" Ji Hyo felt shy and the bad Ji Hyo surfaced. "I don't care whether you want it or not. Marry me or else I would bite your arms off." She demanded,

"Ok, I love you too Ji Hyo." a smiling Jong Kook promised.

She stood there stunned at his reply, she didn't think he would love her back but he did. She grabbed his neck and pulled him towards her, sealing his promise with their kiss.