Trust

Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo

She trusted him with her whole heart. How could she not when she knew he practically protected her from everything that might harm her, that includes any rumors. He protected her so well that he cut her off from him, for every slight concern he shown her, he would “correct” it with anything he could do. She would be the one who took a bold step forward, then he would take two steps back. Their relationship would then take a step back.

And yet, she couldn’t not trust him, this five coming to six years, he had protected her so well. She can use her hands to count the number of time he betrayed her, other than the fact he was the spy, she counted zero! In fact, he would even help her get the win If he could. She sighed, she couldn’t count the number of times he had helped her. She had even trusted him with her deepest secret.

The moment she told him she will join We Got Married, he distanced himself from her, even at fan meeting where he was most at ease with her, he kept his distance. Gary, instead, showed his passion towards her. She usually ignored him but he was coming on too forcefully and she just went along with him. At the corner of her eyes, she saw her trusted man was oblivious. It stabbed her heart, he couldn’t ignore her the whole fan meet, so she signal one of the fan for the gift that was meant for him and help the fan put the hat on him. He finally looked at her eyes and smiled. The smile eased her wound. She even chose to sit next to him to watch the fan clip but he still only interact with the giraffe. Is she so hateful that he wanted to ignore her? But she trust his judgement, he was never wrong before. Although there was a small wish in her heart that wanted this to be his misjudge.

Back in the hotel, he saw her tired face and even asked her was she ok. How could she be ok, when he ignored her for the whole show. She had tried and she had failed, her heart couldn’t take the roller coaster, even if he meant well, her heart doesn’t want to know. She had to trust him, she repeated reminded herself. Even if it meant they can never to be together, she would still trust his decision. She knew he loved her, this five years, he had minimized interactions with other women, she was the one of the few female friends he had.

She even refused Kwang Soo help in episode 286, she demanded “Jong Kook Oppa, could you put me in there” He not only had the strength but he also would be gentle with her. She just relied on him, telling him all her worries and showing off any little things that had caused her anxiety. He smiled it off while giving her strength to continue. She just leaned on him, she didn’t care, and she was too frightened to care. He would need to take care of her, her fears and the consequences, she can’t care already.

She finally saw the edited moments, she couldn’t recall any of the moments in the segment after she asked Jong Kook for help. She saw him beside her making sure she had some scene time, making witty remarks but yet he kept his distance, maybe because of all these, the moments were kept in full. She wanted to cry and yet cheered him on at the same time, her tears slid down her cheeks. She thought they would have dry up. She messaged him. “I just watched the episode, I think I didn’t thank you for your help that day. Thank you, Oppa.” He even had help her advertise for her new show, how can she not trust him.

“Ji Hyo, you did good work, don’t worry, Even the PDs loved you that day. Fighting Ji Hyo.” He replied. Like always, he would praise her on the job done, no matter how small her achievements are. She remembered all the thumbs up she had received from him, they had gave her strength and courage to go on.

“It seems like so, it a pity they penalized us so much, or else we could have won. I wanted to be a team with you but I couldn’t find you.” She replied.

“Thank goodness you didn’t or else they would have cut some of the scene time away. Anyway, Suk Jin Hyung found me and eliminated me. Give me some time off anyway. Even they wanted me to go London, I really don’t have that kind of time.”  He answered.

She looked at his message, and she felt her heart went out to him. He was so nonchalant about his lost, of course with that kind of disadvantages, he and she couldn’t have won, it would take a miracle and maybe they working together. Even after that, he would still let her win so in the end, there was no difference.

“Oppa, don’t need to worry about my air time, I still received the same amount of money no matter how much was air.” She tried to joke about it.

“Don’t be foolish, you are Ace. You need to upkeep that image, “ he chided her.

“And you are the commander, that why everyone wanted a piece of you.” She pointed out.

“And that included you?” he asked.

“No, I wouldn’t be satisfied with a piece, it too little. Am I too greedy?” she responded truthfully. She wanted the whole him, every single piece of him.

“Haha, you had taken so many mouthful of me already. I thought you had the most pieces of me.” He joked.

“Not really, it was still not enough, Oppa. Oppa, my heart hurt too much.” She was like drunk, she needed to pour out her heart to him.

“Ji Hyo, the time is not right now, Oppa.. Oppa is already working on it. Give me some time, ok? I need you to trust me some more, just give me the time for me to make sure. After that, I would tell you my plan, then maybe you could have more of me.” She was not expecting such a reply, a direct reply from him. She thought he would just go silent as always, her tears were flowing again, but this time, it was of happiness. At least, she knew he was not just hiding his emotion, but working out something that would make them happen.

“Oppa, I of course trust you. I had trusted you without questions before, I will trust you without questions in the future. Oppa, I will wait for you until that day you came for me, I will trust you.” She would believe in him until the end of time if needed, even if the whole world though she was foolish, at least she knew he had made the promise before.

“Ji Hyo, it will be soon. Thank you for your trust. I wont make you wait for me too long.” He promised.

She hugged her phone to her heart, for now, she had the answeres what she would need to do.