He Likes to Make it Public

Beyond the Sea
Please log in to read the full chapter

“So I guess I’ll take a day off today.” Jinna said to Ahrin the first thing in the morning. Jinwoo asked her to go to his place of work the other day, turned out there’s an indie modelling agency looking for a pair of siblings for their new campaign. Jinwoo said he’s been scouted, but the agency needs a pair of sibling and that’s why he asked Jinna to come over. She knew nothing and came anyway. The agency was impressed by their charm and decided to pick the siblings. “I’m so sorry, Ahrin. I took too many days off, I suppose I should resign anyway.”

“That’s rubbish.” She frowned. Ahrin was so supportive for whatever Jinna was going through all along after hearing about Jinna and Jinwoo’s make believe story. Jinna felt bad for lying to her about her past and origin despite Ahrin’s been treating her more like a friend than her employee. “Go, good luck. And remember, if you’re a famous model and decided to stop working here, please help me to endorse this place.” Ahrin smiled and hugged the fairy. “I hope you won’t stop working with me.”

They bade goodbye to each other before Jinna made a twist to walk towards her brother’s location. She bumped into Seungyoon and Taehyun a few steps later. “The place of work is this way, young lady.” Seungyoon grabbed her by the wrist. Jinna laughed and took his grip off her hand.

“I’m not going to work today, I have a photoshoot.” Jinna chirped. “Well you can drop by and bring me a box fried chicken in case you miss me.” She joked to her friend, intentionally left Taehyun behind their conversation.

“Can I come too?” Taehyun tried.

“Nope, you’re not invited.” She sashayed. “See you around, boys. I’m late!”

“Jinna, your hair is pink!” Seungyoon shouted.

“I know! It’s for the shoot!” She looked back to shout for a moment and continued to run forward. She dashed to the station and took a train to Hongdae; the ride was quite loaded with fashionistas from fierce girls, to the tattooed hip-hop boys. One of them was checking her out and gave her a wink, but she turned away, slowly moving to the next carriage. But that’s no use at all; more than one boy was checking her out that morning. Was it the pink hair or the cat beanie, she wasn’t sure either.

Jinna stepped down the crowded train, pushing herself through until she hits the pavement. She quickly ducked to the quiet part of Hongdae, which in time she’s there was still asleep. She followed the small red arrow on her screen towards the direction her brother told her the night before. After 15 minutes of walking, her feet stomped stop in front of a building. She pushed the front door open; a dim alley was ready to swallow her. She followed the small steps of staircase that led her towards a metal door on the third floor. She knocked three times and a girl, with bluntly cut hair that chopped at the tip of her jaw, slid the door open, letting her in.

“Kim Jinna?” She asked. Jinna smiled and bowed to her. “Wow, you really are your brother’s copy. Come in.” She said, sliding it further so Jinna could slip in. The studio wasn’t big, but it was enough to contain photography equipment, a photographer, two stylists, and 4 other crew members. Jinwoo was there, sitting at a stool in front of a mirror with lightbulbs attached, just like those in idols documentaries Jinna watched with Seunghoon the other day.

Jinwoo caught a glimpse of his sister and immediately waved at her. The other stylist greeted her then led her towards a stool next to her brother. “You didn’t get lost?” Jinwoo asked when he got a chance to open his mouth. His feminine doe eyes were sharpened so he looked manlier, and the redness of his skin was gone. Jinna wondered what they got on their sleeves for her face.

“We might be related, but direction-wise, I’m w

Please log in to read the full chapter