Gotcha

Beyond the Sea
Please log in to read the full chapter

“So he kissed you on the date?”

“Yep.”

“And you kissed him back?”

“True.”

“So you’re dating each other? Is he your boyfriend? Lover?”

“I don’t know, Seungyoon. It just happened and the next day we wouldn’t dare to look each other in the eye.” Jinna sighed on the swing. She’s been waiting all Sunday to ask Seungyoon about this on Monday when they get to work. She didn’t know what the kiss meant, does it the same as rubbing nose in Mer language? Does it mean that they should get married and have Mer babies? But they’re still too young! All were still mystery to her. That’s why she asked him; at least Seungyoon lives on the land way longer than her.

“Well, at least it’s clear that he likes you.” He bit on his sandwich.

“Should I try asking his sister?” She asked; Seungyoon nodded. “I’ll ask her tonight. Come on, let’s get back to work.” She grabbed him by the coat and dragged him down to the coffee shop.

When they arrived, Taehyun darted towards Seungyoon almost immediately, demanding him to get into the staff room with him just for a stupid question of ‘did you figure out that she’s not a human’. Seungyoon laughed and took off his coat, but Taehyun insisted that they should stalk her one more time.

“Fine, but tonight would be the last night, okay?” Seungyoon said. “I feel bad for stalking my friend like that.”

“Give me a break; she’s not your friend.” Taehyun groaned.

“Well, like it or not, she is.” He said and walked back to the barista section where Jinna was.

All day long Taehyun kept his eyes on her, watching her every move. He even got colder—not as if he ever be nice and warm—towards his fangirls who thinks that Taehyun is obsessed with Jinna, which is relatively correct. All day long she did nothing strange, but something tells him that today’s going to be the day he’s going to reveal her real identity. Tonight was their turn to take the key, after Ahrin and Jinna went home; Taehyun locked the door, leaving the impression that they’re going home, but refused to head home. Seungyoon found it even more preposterous and was a second away from going out from the alley where they hide before they saw Jinna walking past.

The two peeped from behind the brick wall. Jinna stretched her neck like a giraffe and swung it right and left before half-squatting to the door knob. She placed her hands on the knob and a faint click was heard, the door’s unlocked. Jinna slid into the dark coffee shop and closed the door without knowing about Taehyun and Seungyoon.

“I told you she’s weird!” Taehyun rushed, dragging the dazed Seungyoon in his hand. They reached for the door knob and tried to turn it but it was locked. Taehyun fished for his key, plugged it right away to the keyhole, twist it twice and the door clicked open. “You do know that the only key to this shop is in our hands, right?” He said to his friend as if he just proved him wrong.

The door swung open, but the shop remained empty. However, the staff room door was wide open. The two slithered towards the room, but too bad, Jinna wasn’t there. They searched for her everywhere from the storage room, the toilet, even Ahrin’s office, but she was nowhere to be found. Only then Taehyun found her clothes lying around on the floor in front of her locker, along with her shoes which positions turned out to be a little strange as if she didn’t take it off, but shrinking into it and left.

“She shouldn’t leave her clothes lying around.” Seungyoon picked up her clothes and fold it. Taehyun turned and gave him the are-you-serious look. “What?

Please log in to read the full chapter