They Dove Between Sharks

Beyond the Sea
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jinna and Mino met in front of the plane wreck as expected. The two had been sneaking out from their lair when the other family members were regaining energy. Jinna still hasn't turned herself into her tiny form and seemed to face a little difficulty swimming through the small gap due to the size of the fins on her back. She led him to the place where the remaining luggage of the victims stored and started to unpack it one by one.

"Just tell me again why we're here?" Mino asked as he s a bag and found some wearable male clothing.

"We need to blend in with human. You need to blend in with human." Jinna said as she pulled out a piece of clothing she likes and immediately searching for a smaller bag on the upper part of the plane. "Once we dried out and grow legs, we need to look as human as possible. Us fairies would wear a long dress once we became the creature of the land but you Mer people, you'll be and it's not okay to be on public places up there."

"Oh, okay, I see." Mino said and took a pair of hoodie into his arms. He then found a peculiar piece of clothing. It wasn't like the piece of clothing human wears on their feet, it was small and triangular. He wasn't sure what piece of clothing were that and the weird fact that there's so many of it inside the luggage, so he called upon his reliable fairy friend. "Jinna."

"What!" Jinna yelled from the upper level, opening the luggage one by one to find a bag that's big enough to contain their basic items.

"What is this?" Mino's upper body popped up, hands above his head, grabbing onto the small piece of clothing. "It seems to be important."

"It's a piece of clothing that's supposed to cover your crotch." She pulled out a gym bag and started to unpack the things inside it to make a room for her new things.

"What's a crotch?" He asked again.

"It's the part of human body where the two legs jointed." A familiar voice came from behind them. It was no other than Jinna's big brother, Jinwoo. He then grabbed a half-severed magazine from the chair and flipped the pages open just to stop at a man with his six-pack stomach wearing nothing but Calvin Klein underwear. He showed the picture to the younger boy and pointed to where the human crotch is located. "This is the crotch. It's pretty vital to have them in human world. I suggest you take many of them."

Mino sunk back to the lower level, leaving the two siblings. Jinna grinned to her brother, made him unconsciously expands his back fins. "I know you'd change your mind. You're tempted to my plan, aren't you?" She teased.

"What do you expect me to do? Leaving the two clueless adolescent on their own in the human world? I don't think so." Jinwoo smirked and grabbed another bag to fill up with his things. But Jinna didn't buy his words and still staring like a creep. "Okay fine, I'm tempted. But I'm not the only one."

Just when she's about to ask him, the voice of Mino screaming came from the lower deck, followed by a train of laugh from a familiar voice she knows. "Seunghoon-oppa too?" Her eyes widened, just like a deer in the headlight. Jinwoo made a slow nod and gestured to her to check on them. She flipped down to the gap, sunk half of her body in, and said "So you're coming too?"

"KYAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!" The two screamed to Jinna's sudden appearance and immediately got awarded as idiots by the girl. "Jinna would you stop doing that? I falsely took you as the sea witch." He let out a train of rants again.

"Who is my dumb oppa..." She shook her head to the older boy. "Oppa grab some clothes. I'll find you a bag." She flipped back up to the passenger seat just to find his brother pickpocketing on the skeletons. "What are you doing?"

"Collecting money. We need them to trade in the human world." He pulled out big layers of money from a corpse that wears suit-and-tie attire and put it into another wallet. "I'm gonna continue collecting from every corpses. You just...find them a bag and clothes whatsoever. We're heading to the shipwreck after this."

Jinna sighed and pulled out another bag from the cabin. "Why would we go there?"

"To collect treasures. We'll trade them for money." He said. "I overheard from the cruisers that money is everything up there. So if we want everything to go smoothly, we must have loads of money."

"Whatever. It could've been easier if we just hypnotize them as usual." Jinna sighed and grabbed another bag for the other two boys and swam back down after finding two medium sized-bags. The two boys were messing around with what looked like woman underwear and put it on their head.

"Look Jinna! Isn't it to cover your chest? It looks like your shell thingy. Except it's way more softer. What is it, seaweed?" Mino eagerly swam towards his friend and put the bra on her chest. He moved back to see how it looks like on her. "Well, looks good."

"Cut it out you ! I need tons of this. Where did you find them?" She took off the bra on her chest and put it inside the bag.

"Well, this chest has plenty." Mino pointed to a suitcase below him with Seunghoon grabbing at least five

Please log in to read the full chapter