We Broke into the Aquarium

Beyond the Sea
Please log in to read the full chapter

“You really want to help us?” Taehyun glared at the shorter boy. Jinna had warned her brother that Taehyun was the most unfriendly creature she had ever encountered. Jinwoo thought he’s not going to be that worse, but he changed his mind; Taehyun was the worst person ever. He wasn’t even a bit friendly and very self-centred, a diva, if he may say. “Do you even know how to clean the machine? You’re not gonna take anything away, aren’t you?”

You insolent prat! What is your problem? You got issue, you prick! He said in his mind. Frankly in his mind, he’d murdered Taehyun three times. First he threw him to a school of sharks, second he stabbed him with swordfish, and third he just sacrificed him to the sea witches. “I just feel like helping my sister, that’s all.” Jinwoo plastered the cutest smile ever, it even made Ahrin cooed.

“You’re suspicious.” He glared at the older brother. At least their hatred was mutual.

“Seriously, what did I ever done to you to ever hate me and my brother this much?” Jinna snapped. She was seconds away from throwing the metal pot in her hand right to his snobbish diva face. Taehyun sighed and grabbed her by the wrist just to drag her down with him into the storage room. He threw her arms and closed the door shut. “What the hell with that, Nam Taehyun, seriously what is your problem?” Jinna yelled.

“Listen, Kim Jinna,” Taehyun pinned her against the wall, face leaning closer. She could feel Taehyun’s breath blowing on her cheeks. “You may fool everyone but you can’t fool me. I don’t know what you are, or who you actually are, but you’re shady and I know it. And so does your brother over there. It’s only the matter of time until I figure it all.”

“You got issues.” Jinna threw her hands in the air, free from Taehyun’s grab. All that’s left was a red mark around her wrist. When she walked out to the shop, the entire gaze was pinned on her. Jinwoo managed to hold her by the shoulder to calm her down while Seungyoon dashed towards the storage room to get Taehyun.

“Jinna, are you okay?” Ahrin darted towards the siblings. “I need to have a talk with that boy.”

“No, Ahrin. You don’t have to do that, it’s no biggie.” She managed to pull a fake smile. Deep down she wants to mince him.

“Yes it is. He’s been causing problems lately.”

“You guys should just get back home. It’s my turn to close the shop.” She said faintly. “My brother’s here so I’ll be fine. Don’t worry too much.”

Ahrin smiled before shouting to the staff room and cued them to pack their things up and get back home. Seungyoon smiled at them as they walked past, but Taehyun kept his expression freezing cold. Ahrin was the last to bid goodbye to both of them while promising Jinna that she’d scold Taehyun the first thing they step out of the café.

“Come on, let’s go.” Jinwoo cued with his head after the café was totally empty.

“Well, as you can see, I’m not done cleaning.” Jinna wiped cup after cup.

“Oh come on!” Jinwoo groaned and flicked his fingers. Suddenly all the blinds inside the room rolled down and the lights went off. The only thing visible was the faint blue glow on the dirty objects which was cleaning themselves. “Now we’re good. Come on, Jinna!” He spun around and the next thing his clothes were lying dead on the floor, he was now slightly taller than the mug his sister was cleaning. He cleaned his fairy robes even though they’re not dirty before looking up to his sister. “What are you waiting for?”

Jinna followed her brother and now she’s inside the mug. Jinwoo led her to the small window in the storage room and they finally fled out. “How did you do that?” Jinna squeaked as they fly higher in the shadows.

“Do what?” He yelled.

“The magic cleaning thing!” They darted straight to the COEX rooftop to find a way in. The mall was at the process of closing, and the workers were already on their way out of the building, scattering on the pavement like confetti after a party.

“Let’s say one of us has been practising fairy magic while the oth

Please log in to read the full chapter