I Bought Us a House

Beyond the Sea
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Oh my god my back hurts from carrying that damn luggage.” Mino threw himself onto the puffy king bed in their suite hotel room. The sun was already gone and replaced by the luminous beam of the moon as they finally found a place to sleep. A president suit in a five-star hotel for their first night on land doesn’t sound like a bad thing. In fact, it’s never a bad thing. The mermaid couldn’t seem to get the values on the human world just yet. They just decided to stay on whatever hotel near the last place they were visiting. And that place happens to be in Apgujeong.

“But look at the bright side. Those things you refer as ‘damn luggage’ just brought each of us five hundred million won.” Seunghoon joined his friend on the puffy bed and pressed his eyes with his palms. “I can’t believe the goods you stole from the shipwreck were re…lance…re…life…what’s the name again?”

“Who cares, Hyung? We’re rich!” Mino roared and dragged Jinna, who were just passing by in front of him, to join him and Seunghoon. “Come on, Jinna. This is super good. I’ve never felt something like this in the ocean. Humans got it better.”

“It’s called relics.” Jinna fell on top of Mino before he flipped her onto the comfort of the mattress. “Oh man this is real good.” Jinna curled and sunk deeper into the embrace of the mattress’ comfort.

“Told you.” Mino grinned down to her.

Jinwoo broke into the bedroom and jumped onto the mattress just to crush the younger mermen with his . “Oh god this is fun. I need this after having to hypnotise people for our legal identity.” He smiled and rolled on the mermen’s body and made them grunt in pain. He suddenly remembered something and jumped off the two mermen who were gasping for air after Jinwoo straight himself on the ground. He fished for something inside his pocket and hand them over the younger folks. “Here’s your ID card. Remember your name, guys. This’ll be your identity up on the land.”

Jinna took the card from her brother’s hand and read her new name carefully. “Kim…Jinna…That’s my name?” She looked up to her brother who was nodding at her as he carved a big smile on his face.

“You’re Kim Jinna, I’m Kim Jinwoo. I randomly picked the family name, the most common family name.” Jinwoo took off his hoodie and let his wings to sprout freely from his back.

“How about you guys?” the girl looked back and forth to Mino and Seunghoon.

“I’m Song Mino….According to this card.”

“Lee Seunghoon, because I found it cute.” Seunghoon smiled until his eyeballs disappeared from their sight.

“Oh, and these are your credit and debit card. The money you just got are in there. Use it well guys.” Jinwoo handed another card to them. “And I also cashed out some money for you. We’ll go shopping and look for a house tomorrow.”

“Hyung,” Seunghoon pulled the top of Jinwoo’s jeans. “How did you know so much about living here? This is your first time on land, right?”

“Let’s just say I learned from every cruise ship that ever crossed the Coral. I eavesdrop and observe their way of life while Jinna’s having fun on the swimming pool or was busy eating candies.”

“I did not!” Jinna, who were in the middle of her trip to the bathroom shrieked.

“What are candies and a swimming pool?” Seunghoon asked.

“You’ll find out, Oppa.” She smiled and slid into the bathroom just to pop outside with her eyes as wide as the moon. “Oh god, there’s a swimming pool in here.”

The three guys instantly flew themselves towards the bathroom door to see what Jinna’s referring as swimming pool. They found a tub, a Jacuzzi, big enough for the four of them to soak in. Jinna turned the sink on and filled the tub with cold water. Without further ado, the boys took their clothes off and jump straight into the already filled tub.

“You guys have no manner in front of a lady.” Jinna moaned and got ignored by the boys who were by the time she’s taking her human clothes off and wrap herself with a towel, had become a full merman. Their tails were seen flapping happily inside the water, glimmering vivid colours; they had never seen their tails as such under the artificial lights.

“Don’t be such a wuss, Jinna. Come join us!” Seunghoon chirped,

Please log in to read the full chapter