Insurance, Really?

Beyond the Sea
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Mino, break your arm.” Jinna cried, holding onto Mino’s left arm in their living room. “Pweaseeee, for me, okay, okay?”

“What, no! Jinna are you out of your mind?” He barked, trying to slide his hand away from her grip. “What makes you think it’ll be okay for me to break my arm?”

“Remember when I told you that Seungyoon broke his arm like three days ago after our barbecue? He taught me this cool spell to fix broken bones. But you need two days to see if the spell works.” She explained. “Please, Mino?”

He grabbed on a wooden chopstick, broke it in two, and then hand it over to her. “Then fix this instead.” Jinna pulled a face while lazily grabbing the chopstick from Mino’s hand. She sighed, grabbing the broken part inside her hand, closed her eyes, and chanted.

“Tanka harwar, amin sinta thaliolle e dagor.”

A small breeze broke into the room for a few seconds, Jinna peeped to see if anything’s working. She put the chopstick at the table to look closely if anything changed. A subtle blue fibre was seen between. “Yep, it’s working.” She chirped. “You sure you don’t want me to do this to you? It’s pretty cool you know.”

“I’m not changing anything here.” Mino laid himself onto the comfy sofa. “So now he’s healed, you know, Seungyoon?”

“Pretty much, yeah. But he has to wear the bandage for several days to prevent Ahrin from suspecting things. It took weeks for normal human to recover. I guess he has to pretend that long.” Jinna stood up to go to the kitchen and hydrate herself. She heard the elevator ding.

“Jinna, I’m home!” Her brother chirped.

Jinna peeped from the fridge. “Oppa, you’re ho—whoa! What did you do with your hair it’s…pink.” Her eyes were the size of the moon. She slowly approached her brother, arms reaching for his hair. Completely forgot about the water she was about to drink. “Oppa how did you? It’s so pink and cute and fluffy and cute!”

“Cute right?” He grinned. “It’s actually a spell. Not really, it’s a fairy magic. I could change your hair too. What do you want, pink, purple, turquois, name it.”

“I want pink and the colour of your tail, ombre that.” She challenged. Jinwoo smirked, he flicked his fingers and a mixture of pink and teal spark came up. It flew right onto Jinna’s head like bubbles. The second it touched her head, her hair changed its colour. “Oh Neptune, it’s so cool! I look like those girls who flirt with Mino at Hongdae!” Jinna shrieked and watched herself in the mirror. She turned to the Mer boy on the sofa “Hey, I saw your performance. So cool, you want to drink with me?”

“Hey, you’re insensitive, you know that?” Mino shrieked.

“See, cute right? I can teach you if you want. You know that shape-changing trick? Just use that, instead of shape, think of colour.” Jinwoo said, ignoring the younger boy. “Anyway Jinna, can you come to my office at lunch tomorrow?”

“I don’t know about that.” She groaned and took a sip of the water she was going to take. “You see, Seungyoon broke his arm so I should cover him.”

“Seungyoon broke his arm?” Jinwoo leaned next to his sister. “How?”

Jinna glanced over Jinwoo’s shoulder to check if Mino was listening. After she’s sure that he was too caught up on his drawing, she continued, whispering. “Taehyun pushed him down the stairs. He convinced me it was accidental.” The two looked at each other in the eye. “Seungyoon said that Taehyun’s up to something. He said that he’s obsessed with our power and that we should be careful. He told me to avoid him at all cost, even when he tries to approach me in a romantic way. It also applies to you, he may think that you don’t like girls and do the same thing on you.”

Jinwoo sighed, “Hey Mino, you like my sister, right?” He suddenly shouted, made Mino break his concentration on his drawing. The younger boy looked up, eyeing on both of them, and sheepishly smiled. “You have my permission to date her, now don’t hold back! Take care of her or I’ll kill you, understand?”

Jinna’s eyes were about to pop from her head. She forcefully grabbed her brother by the collar. “What the hell was that?” She whispered.

“Insurance, for when I’m not around. Now let go, you owe me a thanks.” He took Jinna’s grip away. He glanced at the younger boy who was smiling and blushing behind him. “Look at him; he’s scary enough to keep that sylph boy away from you. Besides, he loves you; he’ll look after you with all his might.”

“But I feel like using him.” She frowned. “Don’t you think so?”

“It’s not using if your feelings are mutual. I just got you a boyfriend.” He on his sister’s hair. “You like him, don’t you?”

“Hell yeah she is. That’s not even a question.” Seunghoon, out of nowhere, popped behind them, chugging on a large bottle of water. “It’s really clear to see.”

“Oppa! Since when did you—“

“I’m here all along, you guys!” He cried. “No, kidding, I just snuck out from my bedroom.”

“Now go to sleep, it’s already late.” He gave her a goodnight kiss on the head; it has become a habit since they were little for him to do so. He turned his head to Seunghoon. “You come with me for a sec.”

“What about me?” Mino meowed from the sofa. “Am I unwanted?”

Jinwoo sighed. “You can do anything you want. Just stay away from Jinna’s bedroom.”

“But I’m her boyfriend!”

“I didn’t say you’re my boyfriend! Just because you got his permission doesn’t mean that you got mine!” Jinna beamed and dashed into her bedroom. The three boys looked at each other.

“Seunghoon, come with me.” Jinwoo cued to follow him into his bedroom. He closed the door behind him; he talked very softly, almost like a loud whisper. “Seunghoon, you know how much I trust you, right? I’m gonna go straight to the point here, I want you to keep an eye on Jinna.”

“Why so sudden? First Mino

Please log in to read the full chapter