They Meet New People

Beyond the Sea
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Hey Jinna, good morning, you’re early!” Ahrin cheered as she wiped on the window with damp cloth. She immediately dropped the cloth and grabbed her by the hand to lead her to the staff room where she could keep her things while working. Ahrin gave her the new uniform, a plain black shirt and an apron she’d be wearing. She said Jinna could wear her own shirt as long as it’s black the next time she goes to work before she left for a while to let Jinna change and continued with the briefing afterwards.

When they’re about to go to the shop, the boy Jinna met yesterday was standing by the door with his big smile stitched across his face and mushroom-shaped hair hung just above his eyes. Seeing this, Ahrin instantly introduced the two. “Jinna, this is your co-worker Seunghoon. I’m sure you already met him yesterday.”

“Hey, the girl from yesterday, right? You got the job.” Seunghoon cheered as he put down his bag and jacket inside his locker. He slid in front of her and smiled, “I’m Seunghoon, Kang Seunghoon, and I make all the coffee. You’re Jinna, right?”

“Yeah, that’s me…” Jinna awkwardly replied. “Kim…Jinna, Kim Jinna from Seocho.”

“I’ll leave you two on your own.” Ahrin said and left them to know each other.

Just before the two could make any more noise, a figure broke into the room carrying two big sacks of coffee beans. “Hyung, are you really making me do this? It’s not that I’m a wimp but really, have mercy to my beautiful shoulder.” The boy which brown hair split into two equal parts with his eyebrows twitched lightly as if he’s worrying about something threw the sack to the floor before noticing Jinna’s presence. “Who are you? This is a staff-only room.”

“Taehyun, this is the new girl, Jinna. Jinna this is Nam Taehyun.” Seungyoon cheered.

“Hey,” Jinna tried her best to smile and be friendly. “I’m Kim Jinna.”

“You heard him.” He glared, making Jinna tried to hold herself from punching him in the face.

“Oh, Jinna here is the same age as me and Ahrin, so you might want to call her Noon—”

“I don’t want to.” Taehyun bent down so their faces were at the same level and glared to her right in the eye. “I’ll call you as you are, Kim Jinna.” Intimidated, Jinna fled right away to join Ahrin at the shop. Taehyun laughed at her reaction and turned to Seungyoon just to find him staring at him, arms crossed upon his chest. “What? It’s funny, Hyung!”

“You know, you don’t have to go that far.” Seungyoon scrunched his face. “It’s Jinna’s first day and you’re not helping anything.”

“Oh come on, she’s weird! I know you can feel it, I feel it!”

“Nope, nothing.” Seungyoon shook his head. “Now excuse me I am going to brighten the day of a girl you just ruin and maybe begging her for apology on your behalf.” He then stormed out to a girl with her cooper hair tied neatly on her head at the shop. “Jinna, are you okay? I’m so sorry he’s acting like that…”

“It is fine, Seungyoon, I’m fine.” Jinna forced a smile. “Maybe a plague of being a douchebag penetrates his brain.”

“What a tongue, give me five, you’re tough.” Seungyoon raised his hand and got replied by Jinna’s. “Anyway, we’re gonna be in the booth together, right? Cashier and a barista, we better get along.”

“Already did.” She said.

The rest of their day spent with Jinna dealing with human for the first time, joking around with Seungyoon commenting on a girl who tried really hard to pull a celebrity look but failed miserably, and having their lunch break together. They also got sprinkled with Taehyun’s glare here and there but Jinna doesn’t give an F to it. Well, up until it irks her.

“Hey Yoon, what’s with Taehyun, really?” Jinna asked after they dealt with a customer who wants caramel latte without the caramel but refused to change it to the ordinary latte.

“He thinks that you’re weird, that’s all. But that’s just him; you’re fine in my eyes.” Seung

Please log in to read the full chapter