Taehyun will be Taehyun

Beyond the Sea
Please log in to read the full chapter

Taehyun snorted to the older boy’s question. “What do you mean by that, hyung?” He faked a dry laugh.

“Don’t you play pretend, you can’t fool me.” Seungyoon crossed his arms upon his chest. “You’ve been eyeing on them all night. You can’t even peel your eyeballs from those siblings. I know you, Nam Taehyun; you must have some hidden agenda about this.”

Taehyun opened his mouth, closed them again, and then sighed. “Alright, you got me.” He surrendered to the older boy. “They’re so powerful and their aura is different from anyone else I’ve meet. Maybe because they live near the underworld, I don’t know for sure. I want to possess their power.”

Seungyoon stopped his nod after hearing Taehyun’s last sentence. “You want what?”

“I want to possess their power. Maybe just a little bit, but still, I want it. You know how cool it is to be the only sylph with a hint of the underworld power?” Seungyoon could sense that Taehyun was out of control about power. He knows that sylphs are the most diva-ish and obsessed above all Fae. Not all of them are the same, some are obsessed with beauty, some are obsessed with lust, but Taehyun has a secret obsession with power. “Maybe I’ll try something on her that’ll make her power comes to me. I must find a way. But I have to study her fir—”

“Taehyun, don’t you ever try to lay your hand on Jinna. You can try to mess up with her brother you want, small chance you’d ever lay a hand on him, but never ever touch Jinna.” Seungyoon said; his eyes were dead serious.

“Why are you so obsessed with protecting her, huh? She is different from us! Are you harbouring something for her? Are you in love with her? Huh? Huh?” Taehyun snapped right in front of the older Fae’s nose. “Admit it, you like her, don’t you? You’re crushing on her, right? You want to make yourself wounded again.”

“I AM NOT IN LOVE WITH HER!” Seungyoon roared. “Maybe I do, but I love her as if she’s my sister; she’s technically related to me. And I will protect her from a monster with a secret agenda, an attractive monster lusting for power like you.”

“Rubbish, always rubbish.” Taehyun rolled his eyes. “Whatever, hyung, I’m going to the lair library and you can’t stop me.” He pushed Seungyoon so he fell from the stairs and ran towards their house. Tumbling from the stairs, a cracking sound was heard when Seungyoon hit the ground hard. He groaned to the burning pain on his shoulder and upper arm, Taehyun just broke his arm. He reached for the railing with his other arm to support himself and stand up. He must get bandages, herbs, and spells quickly before it get worse.

Taehyun, unaware of his friend’s injury, quickly unlocked the door with his magic power, turning to his normal sylph form, and fled through the trapdoor on their basement. He then stopped in front of a metal door with a peculiar seal carved on it. Taehyun opened his mouth and chant something in elven. The door swung open, swallowing him into the dark and dusty room. He projected a small glowing orb from his hands and let it float next to him.

 He scanned through the old books for before plucking them out one by one off their nest. He had three big books in his arms when he reached the study. “Brighter.” He said in elven to the small orbs before it fled to the ceiling and beamed sun-like light. He took the first book about the Fae kind, it creaks when he turned the old hard cover open. Dusts were flying slightly on his lap as he rushed to the page where the aquatic kinds were written.

Water Fairies (or Water Sprites, as some human says) are the guardians of the ocean. Originated from a cursed regular forest fairy, the water fairies possess the perks of both land and oceanic creatures. The said perks known to be possessed are form, ability to live on both environment, and power.<

Please log in to read the full chapter