So This is Meat?

Beyond the Sea
Please log in to read the full chapter

Wednesday night and Jinna was home early. For some reason the café decided to blast its storage with water—maybe because Taehyun and Jinwoo fought the other day—so the repairman came and they had to close early. After Seungyoon and Taehyun’s—who drastically became friendly with Jinna—attempt from preventing her turning into a sea creature, Jinna got home safely with legs still attached to her hips. Jinwoo had to have a trip home all by himself since Jinna went home earlier. He got home four hours after Jinna and was binge-watching some K-drama when Jinna heard a knock on her door. “Come in.” She said and Mino’s face immediately popped from behind her door.

“What are you doing?” He closed the door behind him, hands hidden behind his back, gripping onto something. “I didn’t know you’d be home early. Seunghoon-hyung told me.”

“The café decided to drown itself. So I went home like 4 hours early and here I am, doodling things on my bed.” Jinna got up. She peeped on the white bag behind him. “What’s that?”

“Well, I was at Hongdae with my friends, and happen to walk pass this shop. Since we like to draw and we like toys, what’s better than drawing our own toys?” Mino pulled out six blank vinyl toys from the bag to her bed and immediately triggered Jinna’s happy shriek.

“I’D ALWAYS WANTED TO HAVE ONE OF THESE!” Jinna grabbed two of them and hugged them. She jumped out from her bed, passed her personal inflatable pool, and onto a boudoir where she kept her makeup and art supplies. She dashed back to her bed with a can of colourful markers and a box of painting supplies. “We have to draw, now!”

“You’re that excited?” He gazed upon Jinna’s smiling face. He took the heavy box from her hand and put it next to him. “Careful, you might injure yourself.”

“Who are we kidding? I’m excited!” She said, ignoring Mino’s last sentence. She picked a pastel chalk and gave it to Mino. “Come on, let’s draw.”

“Okay,” Mino took the chalk from her hand. “What are you going to draw?”

“Let’s see…” Jinna mischievously turned to him and grinned. “I’m gonna draw you.”

“Deal, I’m gonna draw you too then.” He said. “Better not make me look like a kraken if you don’t want yours to turn out that way.”

Jinna giggled as she started to draw on her toy. A brief silence and staring at each other’s face later, she spoke up. “So,” She started, “You know Seungyoon and Taehyun from work? Turned out the both of them aren’t human too. Seungyoon is a forest fairy, Taehyun is a sylph.”

“How did you know?”

“They caught me when I was visiting your sister on Monday. That’s when everything kind of revealed.”

“You went to the aquarium on Monday? I thought you’re always there on Friday.”

“Well I need to ask your sister about our kiss. I can’t handle what you mean by it.” She then realised what she just said and closed tight.

“Our kiss huh? Why don’t you come to me and ask about it?” Mino put down everything in his hands and grinned towards Jinna. “You’re shy, huh? The tough Jinna who glares at me when I try to get her heart do have a weak spot.”

“I’m not shy!” Jinna shrieked and crossed her hands upon her chest. “Kiss me again. I’ll prove you I’m not!”

“Oh really?” Mino turned around and cupped her in his hand. He was about to plant another kiss on her but her door flipped open.

“Hey, hey, youngster…oh, I guess I came in on the wrong time.” Seunghoon smile faded from his face.

“No, stay, Oppa.” Jinna commanded, ignoring her heart pounding wildly against his chest. “Long story short, my friends from work—Seungyoon and Taehyun, just them—knew that we’re not human. They too aren’t human. They asked us to have dinner together tomorrow night, you down?”

“They did?” Jinwoo, out of nowhere, popped on the door right behind Seunghoon. “And what are you two doing sitting like that on bed?”

“Nothing.” Jinna and Mino said almost at the same time.

“Would Ahr

Please log in to read the full chapter