His Song

Beyond the Sea
Please log in to read the full chapter

“I just don’t get it, why did they pick a sibling for May campaign?” Jinna planted her teeth on the burger. Ever since Seungyoon introduced her to meat, her options of food expanded. Like today, the coffee shop is closed on Sundays so Seungyoon asked Jinna if she wants to hang out. The two behaves like best-friends day and day, and Jinna actually thinks of him as one.

“Well here in South Korea, May is considered as family month. While there’s no such thing as sibling day, there are children and parents day both in May.” Seungyoon said, swallowing another chips. “Speaking of which, you never tell me about your family.”

“You never tell me either.” She confronted. Both smiled widely, they never really discuss anything about family and their origins. “Why you’re here it’s unclear to me.”

“Okay, I’ll tell you.” Seungyoon straightened his body, his face turned serious. “Back in the forest, I lived only with my mum; I have no sibling so I’m alone. Taehyun lives with only her mum as well, but he has a brother. We live on a mountain near a village, at night I helped the farmers there with their plants. And then it strikes me, I want to try to live in the human world. That’s when Taehyun and I started to dress like this and move to Seoul. It was hard living as a human, they got bills and bills. If it’s not because the secret vault of Fae, we wouldn’t have anywhere to stay.” Seungyoon took a slurp on his milkshake. “How about yours, missy? It’s your turn, you know.”

“Let’s see, my dad’s barely around. You know, in the ocean creatures like me are the guardians, we’re the fast swimmers and our wings are very lethal. Dad’s patrolling around the pacific, and when he came back, he trained us to be a guardian. Jinwoo digs that, I’m only in for the fun part. My mum, not too much, she asked us to stay around the coral but I guess I want to explore the ocean even more. Maybe if Mino and I ever had kids, we’ll travel the ocean together.”

“Mino and you? You’re finally with him?”

“Skip that part, just forget that I ever said that.” Jinna said. “As my purpose here, you know my purpose: to save Mino’s sister. So far nothing bad happens, when it does, I guess I need your help for that.”

“You mean breaking the law?”

“We’re not doing that, silly.” Jinna laughed. “Move on, you want to hang with me tonight? Mino and Seunghoon got a gig at Hongdae and I really, really don’t want to go alone. I mean there are girls ready to plant their fangs on my neck whenever they spot me with Mino. I really can’t believe he’s popular among girls up here. Back at the ocean, no one wants to be with him. Romantically, I mean.”

“Including you?”

“Including me.” Jinna nodded. “Oh before I forget, you wanna join me visiting Sandara-unnie? She’s kind of curious about this boy Seungyoon I always talk about.”

“I bet you don’t talk anything weird or I’ll spike your drink with soda and leave you alone.” He threatened, Jinna laughed at his weak blackmail. “Will I die diving?”

“As long as you hold my hand, no you won’t.” Jinna said, looking out the window. The sun was already down and the street started to glimmer with the small twinkling lights. “So you wanna go to Mino’s gig or what? I’ll go alone if you won’t; Watching his performance and head back home immediately.”

“It won’t hurt to go along, will it?” Seungyoon smiled and stood up. “Come on, he’ll be upset if you don’t show up.” He took Jinna by the tip of her jacket and hit the cold street. It was raining earlier and the street was damp and cold from the after-rain. They took a train towards Hongdae; it was quite stuffed so he had to make sure that he didn’t lose his fairy friend. “Oh Jinna, about Taehyun.”

“What about him?”

“I can’t figure out what he’s planning just yet.” He stepped out from the overloaded train. “But really though, that thing he did with fried chicken, it was a smart move.”

“It was, if I hadn’t known what he’s up to.” They climb

Please log in to read the full chapter