Teenage Angst

Imprinted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Eun 14 years old

Ji Eun looked at herself in the mirror. She frowned upon seeing her white hair and white eyes. Her skin is too pale and without color. She didn't even look like her mom or dad. Why was she different? She remembered how her teacher and friends called her kind an 'albino'. Abnormalty in a gene made her completely white. But it was more than that, why was she different? Why couldn't she be a wolf like her Oppa? Ji Eun pouted deeper and she started to feel hurt. Why was she an alien?

"Why is my baby girl pouting in front of the mirror?" Ji Eun snapped her head to her door. Her Appa stood there with a smile. Joonmyeon walked slowly to his daughter. Ji Eun hugged his father and snuggled into his chest. It felt so safe in her Appa's arms, only him and her Jongin Oppa, "What is bothering you, baby?"

"Jiji wanna snuggle first... Is Jiji too old to do it now?" said Ji Eun while pouting. Joonmyeon carried her in his arm with a loving smile. Well, Raiyun said that maybe their Jiji was already entering her teenager angst phase, where there were a lot of things that confused her. Raiyun had been trying to talk to Ji Eun but the girl seemed to be avoiding the talk with her. So Raiyun wanted Joonmyeon to try to talk with Ji Eun. After all, she was a daddy's girl.

"Oh, seems like Appa is getting old. He can't even lift Jiji well." said Joonmyeon lovingly, putting Ji Eun on her bed. They both snuggled with each other.

"ou have been growing up so much, Ji. But even when you grow a lot, Appa will always be here for you. " said Joonmyeon.

"And Appa doesn't grow up at all." said Ji Eun. Joonmyeon laughed upon hearing his daughter. Because she was already 14 years old and Joonmyeon and Raiyun didn't grow old at all. Ji Eun was becoming Joonmyeon's little sister rather than his daughter.

"Eomma told Appa that you haven't eaten well nor slept well. That's not healthy, Ji. You know how worried Eomma is when something happens to you. Did your friend do something to you again?" asked Joonmyeon. Ji Eun remembered when she was only 8 years old, some mean kids bullied her for her differences and Raiyun had gone completely mad and trapped all those kids with plants. Of course, nobody knew that it was her deed.

"No, Appa. School is fun and good. Nobody wants to mess with me because Chanyunnie always sticks to me. He's growing too tall for his age so nobody dares to fight him."

"Of course. His Appa is a giant. Besides, he's a developing Alpha, so it's his instinct to protect others. Then what is bothering my baby then?"

Ji Eun only fidgeted.

"Appa is sure that he's still Ji's bestfriend, right?" asked Joonmyeon softly, "You know, Ji.All your life, Appa has never scolded you nor been angry at you. And Appa won't ever judge you too. But if you don't talk about the problem, Appa and Eomma won' know how to solve your problem."

"Appa... Am I not your real daughter?"

"W-what?!"

"Am I not your real daughter? Was I adopted?"

"What nonsense is this, Ji? You know Appa and Eomma loves you so much. More than our own life. And you are our real daughter. You are our baby ji, the one whom Appa has loved since Appa knew that you existed in your mother's womb. Do you know when the first time Appa saw you through the sonogram? The world seemed to have stopped revolving for 10 second. And Appa knew then, that no matter what happens, Appa will always love you and protect you."

"T-then... Why am I different?"

"Different how, Ji?"

“ Appa is wolf. . Eomma is a Theia. . But I am not a wolf nor a Theia. . Appa has power of water. . Eomma has power over plant. . But I don’t have any power at all. . Chanyun got his dad power on fire. . What am I, Appa? Why am I different?”

“ Ji. . “

“ It’s just. . Jiji feels like out of place. . Chanyun always spend his time training after school with Oppa and Sehun. . And when there is confrontation, Jiji have to stay at home with Oppa and Appa Eomma goes doing the fight with the other. . Jiji feel like jiji just don’t belong here because I am a burden and weakling. . “

“ It’s not like that Ji. . Listen Ji . . You never a burden for anyone here. . We are a pack ji. . We love each other. . And Jongin is more than happy to stay with you and protect you. . And no, you are not burden or different from us Ji. . And you are so special that there is no one like you in this whole world. .  And maybe you just doesn’t find your power yet. . And Appa is believe. . that someday you will find it at the right time. . “

“ Really Appa?” asked Ji Eun. Joonmyeon nodded with a warm smile.

* * *

Ji Eun 16 years

Ji Eun watering her favorite gloxinia pot with so much care and love. The originally only one pot become so many through the years. There is almost nine pot in Raiyun’s garden. And Ji Eun is proud that she’s the one who doing the work, not her mother power. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter