03♥

Neverland ♥

Lena Park - More than anyone in the world

-- 

Without permission, I fell in love
But that person doesn't know I am this way
Lena Park - More than anyone in the world

--

Joohyo explored the whole castle on her own {Gin told her it was a castle}, occassionally catching a glimpse of the Princes. The place was like a heaven compared to previous home.

She walked everywhere, anywhere her feet would take her. She came across a glass door and her curiousity got the better of her. Pushing it lightly, she heard pants.

She poked her head in and saw Eli, he was on a treadmill.

"Joohyo, hey." He said in between pants. Finally, he pressed a few buttons on the machine and it came to a stop. "Having fun wandering around the castle?" He grinned.

"Erm.. Yeah, it is really big and I get lost sometimes." She smiled back and Eli's heart skipped a beat.

"So.. Who have you encountered already?" He asked, dabbing his sweat with a fluffy white towel.

"So far.. Dongho and Soohyun. Now you."

"Well, I can give you hints. Hoon will be in the library, reading as usual, Kevin will most probably be in the garden. AJ.. I don't think you will want to meet him. Lastly, Kiseop should be dance studio."

"Okay, thank you." She bowed and waved goodbye before heading to the garden.

Joohyo stepped out of the castle and jogged towards the greenhouse. She spotted a figure moving inside with a watering can. He turned around as she was about to call out his name.

"I read your mind." He smirked proudly, pulling the door open. She looked around in amazment, the smell of sweet flowers wafted into her nose. "What flowers do you grow here?" She asked.

"See the pond over there?" He pointed to the space in front of the clearing. "Lilies and lotus are grown there. Forget-me-nots are in that corner of the greenhouse, along with baby's breath, also known as gypsophila. Carnation is the flower directly in front of you. Roses are by the side."

"Oh, so you tend to all the flowers here?"

"Yup. Pretty, aren't they?" He smiled as he caressed the petals.

"Yeah. I love roses." She said absent-mindedly.

Kevin walked past her, towards the roses. He carefully plucked a violet rose and tucked it into her hair. "There, you look pretty."

"Thank you." She blushed. "I should get going, I'm exploring the castle."

"You need a tour guide?" Kevin offered good-naturedly.

"It is okay, I don't want to trouble you."

"Well, if you are lost or need help, just call for me." He bade her goodbye and she decided that she needed some rest, so she went to the library.

"Came here to find me?" A deep voice said into her ear. She whirled around and saw Hoon.

"I.. No, just.. Books." She turned scarlet red and stuttered. She had no idea why she was so affected and shy.

"Have you read this book before?" He sent a book zooming in her direction and luckily, she caught it before it could hit her face. She glanced at the cover, 'Tales of the Stars'.

"Constellations. Thought you might me interested." He shrugged and got himself a book and settled down on a comfortable couch.

Joohyo took the book and sat beside him. "You don't mind me sitting with you, do you?" She said cautiously.

"No, it's fine."

She giggled to herself and opened the book.

Cassiopeia, the constellation is named after a queen in Greek mythology. Cassiopeia was the wife of King Cepheus, and became jealous of the beauty of their daughter Andromeda was very beautiful. When she boasted for her beauty, Poseidon, the sea god, sentenced Andromeda to be tied to a rock with a sea monster awaiting her. The hero Perseus defeated the monster, and claimed her as his wife, But Cepheus and Cassiopeia preferred her to marry another man, Phineus. In the ensuing battle, Perseus slew his opposers, and Cepheus and Cassiopeia were placed next to each other among the stars by Poseidon, Cassiopeia being placed upside down for half the year because of her vanity.

"Interesting, isn't it?" Hoon leaned over and whispered in her ear.

For the second time, he had taken her by surprise. She felt her face going hot, and so, she retorted, "Why are you whispering?"

"We are in a library, what do you think?"

Joohyo was speechless. Hoon snickered to himself, she was interesting. He was sure he could make her fall in love very soon, and the curse will soon be broken. He felt himself stiffening at the very thought of the curse and his lips hardened to form a grim line.

"Are you okay?" Joohyo touched his hand gently and he jerked.

"I-I'm fine. Spaced out."

She nodded and gave him the book. "I have to go now."

Hoon did not ask any questions, heck, he was too engrossed in reading his book.

Joohyo left quietly and bumped into a hard chest.

"Hello, prey. This time you are not getting away easily. You like Hoon, huh?" AJ's palm glimmered with ice and she quickly backed away.

"W-What do you want?"

"Fun." He chuckled at her frightened expression. Before he could do anything, Hoon appeared in front of her, protecting her from the mischevious AJ who loved creating trouble.

"Jaeseop, that is enough." He said calmly, as though he AJ was not holding a ring of icicles in his hands.

"Hoon, I'm not going to hurt her. You know that. I need h-"

"That is enough." Soohyun came over with the rest of U-Kiss. "I warned you, Jaeseop."

"Why are you all thinking that I am going to hurt her when I am not? Mother died f-"

"Silence!" Soohyun snarled. "I need to talk to you. Hoon, please bring Joohyo back to her room."

Besides Hoon, the other 4 followed Soohyun to an empty room.

"AJ, please stop this." Kiseop implored. "I don't want her to get hurt."

"I was just playing!" AJ defended. "Alright, I admit, I'm attracted to her blood. Happy?"

"Just don't scare her, she fears you." Soohyun replied.

"Fine, I will try to be nice to her then." AJ sulked. "But nice is not in my dictionary."

"Then avoid her like I do!" Dongho piped up.

"Dongho!" Soohyun chided. "We need her to break the curse. But first, we must check if she is The One."

"She is." Kiseop said. "I picked her up before Hades' man did so. He did not recognise her smell, but I did."

"Very well. We just need her to love us."

"The curse.. Mother died for us, we cannot let her die in vain. And Father will return anytime now, we need to act fast." Kevin nodded.

"When?" AJ asked.

"Tomorrow. He will arrive before dawn."

::

"You alright? Hoon meant no harm, ignore him and his talk about you being his prey."

"Thank you, Hoon ssi." Joohyo mumbled.

Hoon hesitated before speaking. "Just.. call me Oppa. I am older than you." He gave her a half smile before walking out.

--

That night.

"He lost her."

"No! Bring him to me! NOW!" Hades hissed furiously.

The man was brought forward and he immediately pleaded for mercy.

"Neverland's stupid Princes have her by their side, you foolish servant! Kill him!"

"No, please! I know a secret!" The desperate man cried.

"Tell me, then."

"Their mother, Queen of Neverland, was killed by your father. He wanted to kill one of the Neverland's Prince, because he predicted that one of them will fall in love with a mortal and the mortal will have the power to destroy Hell. Also, the mortal will have a special power that no one in the world has. So she sacrificed herself for her children. Because of love, the Princes were untouchable."

"The mortal's will be..?"

"My lord, I am not sure of that. I only know that much."

"And you are telling me that the mortal has escaped my clutches? If she is so important, why did you not catch her?!" Hades raged. "Kill him. KILL HIM!"

The man's cries were muffled and he fell silent as the stake was plunged into his chest.

"J, I now put you in charge of this mission. Get the girl at all costs. Do not fail me."

"Yes, My lord." And he flew out of the dark lord's castle, into the sky.