15♥

Neverland ♥

Infinite - The Chaser

--

Protect her, so she won't forget me.
I will go till the end to the place where my person is
My heart is like that, I only know one thing
So even though it is bent and in pain, it will love you

--

Hyojin took a step forward cautiously, holding her breath. She could hear loud, heavy pants and fear gripped her heart. The breathing seemed to get louder with every passing minute. Mustering up all the courage she had, she stepped out of the shadows and came face-to-face with a little girl. Hyojin froze as the little girl's blond locks grew longer, reaching towards her, like shackles, like hands. Her instincts told her to run, but she reached into her shoe and pulled out a small pocketknife. She hacked at the silky smooth hair, watching as they fell onto the floor and disintegrate. 

Hyojin's fingers shook terribly. Her actions were slower than before and when she was busy cutting one strand that was headed for her neck, another had already wound itself around her leg, restricting her movement. She quickly cut if off but the little girl took the chance to pin her against the wall. Taken aback by the brute strength a young girl possessed, she dropped her knife.

"Why are you here?" the girl rasped, her hands clasped firmly around Hyojin's neck.

"S-Save E-Eli." she choked.

The girl dropped her hands and moved back. "So you are not on Minyeon's side.."

Hyojin coughed, touching her neck. "Of course not! Who are you?"

"That's for me to know and for you to find out." she smiled, all traces of sinster wiped away. "Come with me, I'll bring you to him."

--

Beads of sweat coated his forehead. Kevin kicked the wall in exasperation. He had been searching for the past hour to no avail. All of a sudden, the wall he was leaning against swung open and he fell backwards. The wall revealed the person he had been desperately looking for, AJ.

"Jaeseop!" Kevin rushed to his side instanteneously and started to undo the ropes that tied him to the stake. AJ's face was devoid of color, small scabs covering his lips and his eyes were closed. "Wake up!" Kevin patted his cheek gently. Finally, the ropes came loose and AJ fell forwards. Kevin caught him and sat him on the floor. "Jaeseop, please wake up!" he implored, slapping his cheeks. He looked around the room and his gaze fell on a pail of water. He laid AJ on the floor gingerly and grabbed the pail, dousing AJ with water. He emitted a soft groan and stirred slightly. 

"Mother.." he croaked. "Mother.."

"AJ, AJ, can you hear me?" Kevin asked, throwing the pail aside. "It's me, Kevin!"

AJ's eyelids fluttered open and he sat up, holding his head. "Kevin? Are you a dream?" 

"No, you idiot, it's me!" Kevin sighed, "Let's get out of here."

AJ nodded and Kevin supported his weight and together, they made it out.

::

"Eli, there is someone here for you!" the girl shouted and poked Eli's cheek with her index finger. Eli, who was asleep, jolted awake. 

"Nana." he smiled, but caught sight of Hyojin. "You are.."

"I am Hyojin, the real Merprincess. And I'm here to rescue you." she replied.

Eli arched an eyebrow, "isn't Minyeon the Merprincess?"

"It's a long story, but she kidnapped me and kept me captive here until your brothers and Joohyo came here and saved me. Minyeon has been pretending to be me all this while." she explained.

Eli his chin, deep in thought. "How are you going to get me out of here then?"

::

"Do you think they have succeeded?" Kiseop asked.

"I trust them." Soohyun said. "They will definitely save them. The more important problem we have on our hands now is how to get out of this cage."

"There must be a control or something here." Joohyo ran her hands along the bars, frowning.

"It could be in Minyeon's hands.." Kiseop pointed out.

"Better safe than sorry." Joohyo shrugged.

--

Updated! :)
Kinda short.. Sorry! Exam week!
Next update will definitely be longer! ^^