The Rest is still UNWRITTEN

15& Jimin's short stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part 2 to "Not the ONLY one"

“Are you sure this is what you want?” Jimin’s father ask again as he cradle Jade to her slumber. “Heading back to the place where it broken your soul and heart isn’t a good idea, Sweetheart.” Her father whisper

“Yes but Appa, I am tired of running. Why should I be the one running away like I was the one who did something wrong? Jade and I spent 2 years away from home because of the pain that was inflicted onto me but all this running is just impacting my little angel. She always asked when we are going home. Even being here for 2 years, this place never felt like home. It is time I stop running and face my fear head on, isn’t it right Appa?” Jimin state as she push the trolley fill with her and Jade’s luggage to check in their bags.

Once their bags were checked and already to board, her father hand Jade over and give Jimin a little peck on her cheek. “If you need anything, call me? Umma and I will be back home as soon as we finish this deal with our partnership with another corporation.”

Jimin nod as she give her father a slight push as she smile warmly at him “Hurry home… Umma is waiting for you and we’ll be okay. I have little Jade looking out for me if you’re working about me. Beside everything is already settled for us once we arrive in Seoul. The new house is already stocked and clean for our return, I am starting my new job as the CO-chair of our new project with Wang Corporation. Appa, quit worrying and let me work my magic. I can’t have people say that I get everything handed to me on a golden plater again.”

He smile as he wave to Jimin as she boarded her flight. “I love You Appa!” she shout.

Jimin settle with Jade in her arms with a little smile on her face, thinking as she brush Jade’s tiny loose hairs from her face.

“No matter what is in store for us once we return to Seoul, mommy will do everything in her power to protect you.”

Jimin and an overly excited Jade was greeted by the opening door with a huge “Welcome back” sign made by one of Jimin’s other best childhood friend. Jade ran into his arms and her loud happy giggles can be heard. Jimin smile at the sight in front of her, her daughter finally is happy again. Although New York was home for 2 years, Jade never thought of it as home. She said she missed her friends, her other set of grandparents and of course her Appa and Auntie Yerin.

“Jade Bear, C’mon let’s go get our bags then head on home. I’m pretty sure you can’t wait to see your room.” Jimin shout to the little 6 years old girl who wouldn’t let go of Yugyeom’s hand. She clasp it tightly with her small fingers and whisper loud enough for Jimin to hear “I’m holdind onto you tightly so I won’t leave you anymore. I missed you.” She pout as she swing their linked hands, resulting in him patting her head with a smile on his face.

As they all got seated and ready in the car, Yugyeom turn fondly at Jimin… “It is nice to have you back. I was getting bored without you here. Life wasn’t the same without you.” He said as he ruff with her hair.

“Yah Kim Yugyeom!!! Don’t turn soft on me now!” Jimin tease as she shutter at the thought of  an emotional Yugyeom. It was one she doesn’t hope to have back, she love the happy go getter Yugyeom best. He was always the one who never showed any tears but she finally saw him cried when she was leaving the same airport 2 years back.

 He was bawling asking her not to leave… who was he going to call every night to complain to when things get hard in life and in his relationship with his wife. Jimin recalled smiling and pointing to herself, “Me! You big baby! I will always be a phone call away and drop anything when you need me. I promise” she held out her right pinky to him.

“But it won’t be the same.” He whine as he was wiping away his tears as his pregnant wife was standing next to him, trying to muffle his cries as they were making a scene.

“No matter what happen, you’ll always be one of my best friend! Don’t you ever doubt that!  Best friends can be separated for years but still pick up where they left off. This is just another chapter of our lives that we have to go thru. You and Eunhye are about to enjoy your parenthood chapter and Jade and I are trying to write our own chapter without knowing what is going to happen. Life is full of the unexpected but in the end if it is meant to be then we’ll be back. & I promise you’ll be the first one to know it.” Jimin smile as she pull him into a hug and hug him out until he have no more tears left.

“& I said I missed you…” he pout as he started the engine.

Jimin laugh as she shout back to him “I missed you too Buddy! Now I need to see your 3 little minions at home I have been dying to see them! Hopefully they look more like Eunhye”

“Yah my sons look like an exact copies of me! They got all their daddies’ good looks”

“Then hopefully they get their mommy’s brains then cause if they get yours…. Oooooooo weeeeiiii we’re in for a trouble.” Jimin tease a pouty Yugyeom.

Jimin and Jade had a long day after hanging out with the Kim’s. She forgot how draining it was taking care of a toddler, adding another 2 toddlers had her beat and tired. Jade had fun being a noona to three little minions that start following her around in their walkers and fighting for her attention. It is true, they all have their father’s good looks but it amazed her how all three of them can have so many different personalities.

“Umma…?” Jade whisper as she woke up from her nap.

“Yes Baby?”

“Appa…. When will we see him? I miss him.” Jade pout as she blink away her tears.

“Appa is busy sweetheart…” Jimin coo as she wipe away Jade’s tears.

“Umma… let me see Appa… I want to see him… I MISS HIM.”

“Yah Park Jade. I said Appa is busy.” Jimin said sternly at the never crying girl.

“Umma, You’re lying! You just don’t want me to see Appa! I hate you for taking me away from Appa and keeping me from seeing him! & I am not Jade Park, I AM JADE TUAN” Jade shout as she ran to her room and slam the door shut.

Jimin closes her eyes and took a deep breath. She already know shielding Jade away from her father and his side of the family will only do more harms than goods but she can already tell how devastated and torn apart her daughter will be when she find out the truth of her beloved father and her favorite auntie Yerin. She would rather be the bad mother in her daughter’s eyes than let the truth break all her little hopes and dreams.

Jimin walk up and crouch next to Jade’s door as she heard the little girl whimpering and crying the entire night, calling out to her daddy. She found her caged and steeled heart breaking even more. Maybe coming back home was a ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter