NOT the only one

15& Jimin's short stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin smile sweetly as she fixed her husband’s tie as he was leaving for work.

“Give me a kiss.” She grab his cheeks and he leaned in to give her a peck on the lips.

“Daddy, don’t forget your briefcase!” their young 4 years old daughter shout as she struggled to drag the huge briefcase after her.

“Thanks princess. Daddy will be back later. You be a good girl!” he smile as he shower the little girl with kisses and pat her head.

Jimin walked her husband to his car and stood in the driveway as he was driving away. She remain rooted to the same spot as she continue waving until his car was nowhere to be seen, that was when she let down her tough mask and smile bitterly.

He must think she is stupid as if she didn’t realizes he just came to bed an hour ago. He forgot what a light of a sleeper Jimin is. She knew he would come home later than usual to some days not returning home at all. There will be days when he come home reek of alcohol and feminine perfume, his neck marked with hickeys. Jimin was aware of all these happening but she always pushed it to the back of her mind. She gave him the benefit of the doubt, hoping that she was just overthinking and hopefully everything will fall back into place again.

Everyone was shocked when Jimin and Mark Tuan start dating. They were too opposite of each other. Jimin was this bubble of sunshine while Mark on the other hand was this quiet guy. She guess when they said “Opposite attracts to Opposite” it is true. Although he was quiet, he was still quite the gentleman. This is probably the number one reason to why Jimin fell for him in the first place. His protective instinctive to protect her. She never thought they would one day be in this situation. She loved him and gave him almost everything and it seem like everything was not enough for him. To know that he is cheating on her, kills her each and every day but she kept it hidden from everyone.

“Oh Jimin ah? Jade-ah!” Yerin shout in excitement once she saw the mother/daughter enter the facility. She open her arms as the little chubby girl run into her arms.

“Auntie Yerinie! Hi! I miss you!” the little girl squeal as Yerin squeeze her tightly before releasing her and letting her roam free. The little girl run towards the slide along with the other children there.

The two best friends sat down as Yerin hand Jimin a cup of Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino, it was their favorite all time drink.

Jimin and her daughter Jade was meeting up with her best friend, Yerin for a play date at the kid café. Jimin and Yerin have been friends since they were children and she was someone Jimin trusted with her life. They always said they were each other’s soulmates. Jimin loved and cherish Yerin as an older sister, she never had, especially since she was the only child of the biggest CEO. Yerin on the other hand was the daughter of Jimin’s dad’s secretary that lived with them. The two girls grew up together and basically did everything together, they shared the same likes and dislikes, always wear the same outfits and personalities were so similar until Jimin got married. Yerin on the other hand haven’t gotten married yet and she like it that way. The freedom she have to play around and not having anyone to be attached too, although she have been living with a guy she have been dating for a while now. She moved in with him but according to her, they have been going through a rough patch lately.

The two best friends sat in silent as they watch Jade play with her newly made friends.

“If you would didn’t run away from the guy at the altar, you would probably have a child about Jade’s age.” Jimin sigh as Jade have been asking for a playing buddy, or should she say Jade have been begging for a younger sister.

“Sometimes when I think back about it, I think if I married him…. I would’ve been living the life. I heard about his wife who he married after I left him. They have 2 kids now and I hear he loves her.” Yerin acknowledge thinking back to the time when she was loved and cared for.

“All the things that could’ve and would’ve been right?” Jimin sigh. “I never asked cause I knew you were uncomfortable but after 5 years, can I finally know the answer to why you run away from the wedding? Best friend’s privileges.” Jimin’s face contour in confusion as she never figure out why Yerin would leave the man who would give her the world if she asked for it.

Yerin laughed bitterly “Because there was someone I was waiting for the entire time. I thought that if I waited it out, he would come to me…. Come to my side but he never did. He got marry and I think it is happy.”

“Yerin-ah, you should already know what I am going to say right? I will spare you the lecture. If he is happily married then as your best friend, I don’t think it is right for you to step in or have these false hopes. Knowing you, I am positive you will make the right decision.” Jimin smile fondly at Yerin before calling out to her daughter.

 “Jade honey c’mon lets go get something to eat. C’mon Yerin, Lunch is on me.” Jimin smile as she hold onto her giggly daughter’s hand.

“It is okay, let me take a raincheck on that offer.” Yerin deny as she put on her jacket.

“Okay! Call me when you get home?” Jimin call after Yerin as she wave back to Jimin without turning to her. Jimin laugh before putting Jade into her car seat. Yerin have been staying with Jimin and her little family for a while now. Yerin have been having problems with her “boyfriend at the time” and she couldn’t go home due to her having problems with her step mother. Jimin being the good friend she is, invited her to their place and allow her to stay with them as long as she needed to before moving out. It was a good thing because Jade loves her Auntie Yerin and Jimin can see her best friend often. And Mark and Yerin can carpool to work together, it was a “Win-Win-Win” situation.

 As soon as she was done, her phone start

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter