Who Am I to Stand in your way?

15& Jimin's short stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Who am I to Stand in your way?

(Listen to Chester See's Who am I to Stand in your way... this song just hurt me in so many ways, i never knew i could hurt.... LOL But hopefully my readers like this chapter... it is based on a true story... keke)

 

It was a quiet Saturday morning, Jimin lay wide awake in bed… today is the big day, she smile bitterly. Usually it is too early for her to feel this way but today, she can literally feel her heart breaking into tiny pieces and she know the scars will forever be embedded. Her best friend was getting married… wait did she just said her best friend? Are they still even consider best friends?

10 years back (flashback)

1st Year

I was finally starting High School today, and oh god… everyone was required to take freshman gym. How I hates gym, especially the running and worst of all, I barely knew anyone there… her best friends Yerin and Ayeon weren’t even in the same gym class as me, which means… I would have to befriend other people…  I sighed as I entered the gym… just 9 weeks then no more gym for me for the rest of my high school career.

There were one guy that stood out the most to me during my gym class, boy shorter than me call Bambam. He was super talkative and well-liked by everyone, although I avoided him like a plague. He was over-bearing, the amount of energy he had overpowered everyone and it was draining. He was the class clown but also Mr. Popular whom everyone knew which in conclusion means for me to stay away from him. I also had English with him… and oh god… I forgot how much she hated assigned seats. My seat was just behind his…

As the days turn into weeks, I found her place silently in the background and endure the pure torture of physical activities. However that doesn’t last long, it was one fateful (or rather hateful to me during that time.) he turned around as asked if I had an extra gum as he saw me sneak one earlier. I nodded and quickly handed him one before focusing back on my work. After that the requests continued, it went from asking for gum, to asking to copy homeworks, to asking about my days to somehow becoming friends. We just clicked… weird but we had so much in common, gym became enjoyable… and it is important to remember all those time we got called-on because they were too loud.

After couple months of being inseparable, he came my best friend.  He got into a relationship with my help of course with one of our mutual friend. Oh and please don’t get me wrong, I didn’t have feeling for him. Oh god, no he was just my best friend.

2nd Year

 I became their number one fan and helped them along the way, gave relationship advices and played cupid. I was the third wheel to their tricycle… but unfortunately, all relationship comes into an end one day.

After being together for almost 2 years, Bambam’s girlfriend decided to break up with him in the worst way possible… she really torn his heart apart and guess who was the one who glued it all back together? Yes, if you guessed that it was me then you, my friend is correct.

I still remember the day they broke up. It was another typically school day for me but Bambam wasn’t present at school. I text him but he never replied back to me… that was the longest we haven’t talk. It wasn’t until the end of the day when I got out of my final class, I received a text from him stating that

“She broke up with me… We were fine yesterday. She returned all my things. Where are you?”

Jimin quickly replied and ran out to look for him.

“Hey… are you okay?” His eyes were blood-shot red, there were evidence of crying… he was dressed in a formal attire, white dress shirt and black trousers. He was carrying Christmas wrapped gifts.

“Yah…. Are you sure you guys broke up? It looked like she gave you gifts instead? This isn’t funny you know.”

He sighed and whispered “She took the time to wrap the gifts I gave her during our relationship and stuffed them in my locker. She said she is done with me. She didn’t know why she was even with me for so long. Today have been such a rough day. I was at a funeral for the entire day. My brother best friend who was also like an older brother to me committed suicide and I was there… I didn’t expect to come to school to this.”

Oh how he became so broken… he saw his future with that girl and have his 110% on their relationship and as his  best friend… I had to my tasks of making sure he doesn’t feel alone and help him back on his feet.

3rd Year

It took a long time for him to heal… but he was never really the same after all that. His smile was less genuine but surely and slowly he was coming back to be the same person he was before. However, this year was my turn at getting my heart broken… At first it was just normal bicker but somehow butterflies start forming and growing in my stomach. He was a transferred senior, and all my attention went onto him… but in the end I found out that he used me to get to my best friend, Yerin. I was the bridge between them, the messager but Yerin end up dating his best friend instead. During this time… life was horrible, my friendship with Yerin was going down the drain… she blamed me for not telling her about the senior’s crush on her and was angry that I tried to keep that secret to myself.

Never in my life, had I been so offended but her accusations, I recalled the day I told her about his confession about him liking her and if I can be cupid for them…. She knew I liked the guy… but she ended up being his best friend… and I was stuck knowing everything about him and being there for him. I didn’t sign up for this but I got roped along for a hell of a ride..

Thank God, Ayeon and Bambam were there every step of the way with me. I would’ve died if it wasn’t for them.

Bammie and mine relationship also improved during this year. We promised that no matter whom or what we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter