The broken Promise

15& Jimin's short stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Broken Promise

“Jimin-ah~ ~ ~”

 “Oppa…. Jinyoung Oppa….” Tears quickly filled her eyes and fell.

 “Is this another one of my dream or is this real? Oppa?” She slowly rose to her feet and stumble to him. “It is really you, It is my Jinyoungie” she whisper.

“It really is me.” He smile as he used his thumb to wipe away her streaming steak of tears. “I finally came back, I promised you right that I would make it to our wedding. When had I ever lied to you?” He smiled as everything faded into black. Just in a blink of an eye, there rains and loud thunders surrounded Jimin. She was no longer in the wedding hall, instead she was in the middle of a forest and her Jinyoungie was nowhere to be seen. Everything was pitch black except for the lighting, tree branches was poking her and caught onto her dress as she run around trying to find Jinyoung.

“Park Jinyoung Ahhhhh!” she scream as her legs have given up on her. Her white gown was no longer white as it was drench with rain along with the debris that caught onto the bottom of the dress. The gown was covered in muddy dirt.

“Jinyoung ahhh” she cries out as her body jerk up to a sitting position. She frantically pat around the bed to look for the missing person from her dream.

“Park Jinyoung!” she scream again in the dark as she found that his side of the bed was empty. She was sobbing hysterically, softly mumbling his name. He is gone… again he is gone.

The lights flutter on, Jimin was pull into a warm embrace. “Jimin, I am here… it is okay. Everything is going to be okay.” Her father whisper calmly to her.

The softly rubbing circles in on her back was soothing to her, her sobs stopped but they turned into hiccups. Once Jimin stop crying, she push herself away and turn her back towards her father. She heard her mother runs in but before she can touch Jimin, her father probably stopped her. It was another one of her nightmare she have been having ever since she said yes to the proposal. Her wedding date is set to be tomorrow night. After Jinyoung had disappeared for 5 years, Jimin have finally agreed to get marry with the man, her parents picked out for her. She lost a piece of herself when she saw on the news that their camp was attacked and bombed. There was few survivors and her Jinyoungie was not one of them.

She recalled all the hardships she have to go through without having him here, they had their whole life planned ahead of them and how it was taken away.

 She faintly remember the lingering kiss he gave her before heading for his mission. How something didn’t sit right with her and she couldn’t bring herself to let go of him like missions before. Her heart didn’t want to let him go on this mission but the confidence smile he gave her and his promise

“I promise you, I will come back. Have I ever lied to you before?”

She gave him a small grin, “If I remembered correctly, you lied the moment you laid your eyes on me.” She said as she gave him a little peck.

“….. That is true but I did what I had to, to get your attention and it did.” He smiled. “but this I promise you that I will come back.” He held out his pinky finger to her as Jimin linked it with hers.

“I have a wedding to attend by the time I come back. As the groom if I might add and I have a beautiful bride to come back to.” He pulled her into a long hug as his other comrades were complaining for their commander to hurry up, they’re running out of time and teasing him.

He pulled her into one last kiss before running to the awaiting car.

“Sister-in-Law! Don’t you worry, we promise we’ll bring him back in time for your wedding!” Jackson screamed from the driver’s side of the car as Jinyoung was still waving to her and telling her to eat healthy and to sleep well. He will be home before she knows it. She stood on the sideway waiting for the car to disappear into the distance before she headed back inside.

Jimin was pull out of her trance when she heard her parents walking out of her room and the door softly closing behind them. Jimin looked at the clock on her right bed stand and it read 1:43am. She reached for her phone laying on the bed stand as she open her last text message from him.

“My HoneyBunnn,

Just realizes it is almost 1:43 and thought I should keep with my habit and send you a text before you murder me for missing my daily report. I love you, I love you and I love you My sweetest love. <3 <3 <3

Your HoneyBear <3 <3 <3”

The next morning on Jimin’s way to work, it was all over the news that company Alpha team 1 was attacked shortly after 1:43am. There was a huge horrible shootout and when other companies came to help support Jinyoung’s team, there was only a few survivors and sadly Jinyoung was not one of them. Either was Jackson. Their bodies was never discovered.

After Jimin’s nightmare, she couldn’t bring herself to fall asleep afterward. She laid in her bed awake, thinking of Jinyoung and their beautiful happy memories that was taken away too soon. Today was finally the day she was waiting for but who would had thought it would be the wrong groom. Her hand snake under her pillow and pull out Jimyoung’s will letter to her.

“Park Jimin

Who would had thought that my very first letter addressed to you wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter