Meet Him Among Them

15& Jimin's short stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Meet Him Among them

(Watch and listen to Lee Sun Hee's Meet Him Among them before reading. It is the main motivation for this short fanfic.)

It’s been 7 years since Jimin left JYP, she finally made it big…. After years of being underrated and underappreciated for her talents. Her talents were finally acknowledged by Korea and other countries.  Her lack of sleep and always on the move became a habit to her. She loves being busy, it gives her a sense of purpose but on days when she has time to breathe, she finds herself being lonely: her previous relationships with JYP artists weakened over time. She can’t recall the last time she talked to one of the JYP artists, everyone was so busy and with time relationships suffered from the lack of effort to make it work.

Her manager stopped the car in front of JYP Entertainment, it was their annually reunion. All artists and ex artists of JYP would attend this banquet and catch up. Jimin pout as her manager oppa opened the car door for her. He has an apologetic smile, “I know…. but it had been 7 years and I think it is best for you to find face your fear. You ran away enough…. I have been by your side since the beginning of time & Jimin-ah…. It is killing me to see you hurting yourself every single day for the last 10 years. The last 7 years…. You tortured yourself enough. It is time for you to face your heart…. JYP said a heart break was a good source for your music but I think…. You also deserve to be love.” He gave her a little pat as she mustered her courage.

She entered and was amazed at how things had changed over the years but at the same time, there was a clench in her heart. She ran away for 7 years and being here, bring back memories she tried to suppress over the years. Maybe coming back was a bad decision…. she turns back to leave but instead she bumps into her “97 liner buddies”

“Yahhhhahhhh Jiminie!” The two boys shout as they hug her.

“Let’s go up, Hyungs texted us and said that everyone is here!” they shouted as they pushed her to the elevator.

“How have you been?! I love your new song!! How is it being the new OST Queen?! Is it a personal experience? I watch somewhere that it was a personal experience?” Yugyeom questioned

“Yah…. are you going to let me answer you or are you going to keep asking me question?” Jimin hiss as a smile broke on her face. Guess somethings haven’t changed at all.

“Yah…. why are you so mean to me?” Yugyeom whine as Bambam laughed, side hugging him.

“J-Knife is still slicing!” he laughed. “Oh Jiminie, I missed you! ~ ~ ~”

The time inside the elevator was short living, they arrived at the door to where the reunion was held. Jimin feel her head spinning and wanting to throw up.

The two boys opened the door and made their grand entrance with her.

“We arrived!!! ~ ~ ~ the party doesn’t start until the 97-liners are here! Let’s get this party started Babbbbbyyyy~ ~ ~” Jimin face palm as she tried to bring free but they cling onto her tightly.

“Jimin?!~ ~ ~ Oh my god! ~ ~ ~” a group of males exclaim as she walked by them “It’s been so long! How have you been?! We missed you so much! You stopped contacting us after you left JYP.” They engulf her into a hug.

Those warm hugs that she grew accustom to when she was a young teen… her support systems that she left behind and cut connections with… she had no choice but to leave her home behind and start afresh.

“Uri Jimin?!” a male voice called out to her and Jimin’s heart drop, beating rapidly. She knows this voice from anywhere. It used to be the voice that calmed her, listening to it always sooth her to sleep and cheered her up. It was also a voice that haunt her every night for 10 years while she was still in JYPE and after she left.

She quickly put on a smile on her face and turn toward the person

“Hello Jaebum Oppa.” Her smile was too big on her face and she hope he doesn’t notices it but it is the legendary Im Jaebum. He knows her like the back of his hand. He knew he best… always did and always does…

He quickly pulls her into a hug and they both breathe in each other’s scent.

“I missed you, Jiminie… I really missed you.”

“Yeah….” She whispers before a female voice called out

“Honey?” Jimin quickly pulled away and blinked her tears away.

“Hi… So, you’re who holds the key to Oppa’s heart?” she smiled at the beautiful woman who link her hands around Jaebum’s arm.

Flashback ~ ~ ~

Jimin recalled when she was pulled aside when the company found out that they were dating after they kept it silence, although they gave her an ‘option’ to keep her relationship or end it. After the discussion, she knew if his fans found out about them… they were finally getting the fame they deserve… and she can’t be the cause of the declining of their fame.

Jimin still remember the day, they broke up… no, she relives it every day, every single day for the last five years.  The suffering and painful nightmare of the look of his face when she asked for a break. When she told him that she no longer loves him and being with him only bring her heartache and pain.

But in reality, she didn’t want to be the reason holding him back from his passion and stopping him from showcasing his potential.  She knows how far he can go, and she was just a hindrance holding him back.  She recalled how much her heart broke when his relationship was announced to everyone of their mutual friends.  She was happy but it still killed her every night when she goes to bed.  She heard how they met countless of time and how much he is in love with her.

The smile he has for her used to be the one he only showed for her and only her. But she lost her chance, the love of her life but if he is happy then she is too. Or so she would like to think so.

“Jimin, this is Lee Yumi. My girlfriend. Yumi, this is Jimin.” He introduces them.

Jimin flinched when she heard his girlfriend’s last name. Lee… Le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter