If it was meant to be... it would return to its rightful place

15& Jimin's short stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebum finally made it back to the place that stored bad and good memories for him. It was his motivation to keep pushing forward. 5 years of being away and fulfilling his goal and dreams, he reconnected with his paternal grandparents who gave him everything that he rightfully should inherited but he wanted something more than that. Im Jaebum, the youngest successful business man and the heir to the Im industry. Yes, he was able to get the money and fame that he craved in the past, but sadly there was a part of him that would remain empty for the rest of his life. No matter who he met, the emptiness in heart would never be replaced. Jaebum slid the key into the socket and twist the key, it clicked and he push the door open. Everything remain the same as he left it then, thanks to his best friend Park Jinyoung who kept his promise to keep the place the same, so he could always come back to the memories that was created in the small 1 bedroom apartment that was once filled with happiness and coziness.  

Flashback~ ~ ~

She scoff… “As expected from Im Jaebum, always wanted take the easy way out. Why did I even try?” she let out a bitter laugh… “I left my family just for our relationship, I sacrifice so much for us to work out. My parents cut me off because I choose you over them” She scream as she recalled how her family disowned her when she told them she was going to be with Jaebum no matter what they said. She loved him and she was going to leave him. It is either they accept him or lose their own daughter, they decided immediately that she was no daughter of their, if she continue being with the street rat. She never blamed him for her parent and her fall out, it was bound to happen, and she wouldn’t continue living under their watchful eyes and expectation for the rest of her life.

“I never asked you to leave your family for me. I never asked you to sacrifice all these things for me. I never told you to fight for me or our relationship, you did it yourself. Don’t blame me for your own downfall! I never asked for any of these things!!! I didn’t asked for the young Mistress of the Park residence to fall in love with me. Heck, you hid your identity for me!!! I thought I was in love with a regular college girl who is pursuing her lifelong dream of becoming a doctor. I fell in love with someone you pretended to be, not by this person with a hidden background. I never asked to fall in love with someone from a different social class that would always be rubbed in my face. I never asked for you to drop everything and be with me. I never asked for money to be thrown in my face and to be bribe to leave you. I never asked to fall in love with my best friend’s sister!!! ” He shout as he punch his fist against the wall, the wall engulf his fist and Jimin flinched at the sight. Jaebum had a nasty temper but he never raise a hand on her. They watch as his impact on the wall shaken their first picture they took together framed above fall and shattered on the wooden floor in slow motion as if it was a hint that fate is no longer on their side. The picture frame shattered into small piece. Both calm and quiet before Jimin spoke up

“I am done, I can’t do this anymore. I can’t take this anymore. I thought I could handle it but No, I am done. I am so sick and tired of chasing after you and fighting for our relationship. It is like I am the only one putting effort in this relationship. You’re not even trying anymore.” Jimin calmly said as she tried to blink her tears back but secretly she was thinking ‘fight for me, tell me everything will be okay. Just tell me everything will be alright, just give me a reason to stay… just one word and I’ll remain at your side. Just give a little ounce of validation that our relationship is going to work out. Please.’ She put too much efforts into their relationship that letting go is harder than she thought it would be.

There was a long pause until he let out a bitter chuckle and he spoke up

“You finally admit it now huh? You’re finally got tired of me and my life style? Tired of struggling and trying to make ends meet. You were born with a golden spoon in your mouth, you never had to work a day in your life. With a lift of your finger, your nanny would come running to your aid and fix whatever mistake you made. That is the difference between you, Park Jimin and me, Im Jaebum. We belong in two completely different worlds, we both made a mistake to even think that we can cross over the boundaries and make things work out. I was stupid enough to think that if I overlook your background that maybe just maybe everything would work out.”

“Fine…. Leave” he whisper as he held eye contact with her. “If leaving makes you happy then leave. I am not going to hold you back.”

Jimin enter their shared bedroom and stuff as many items she can into her suitcase, anything she grabbed was put into her suitcase. Inside the room, she can hear things being broken and shatter around the house. She grabbed her suitcase and wheeled it out to the wreaked living room where they both worked so hard to build and create together, just like their broken relationship, it is better to leave it broken than picking up the pieces and harm themselves in the process of trying to make it work again. She looked at Jaebum who is now sitting on the ground, back leaning against the wall, he is not even trying to acknowledge her presence in the room. The only source of sound was him heaving his breath, trying to calm down. She stood there staring at him, silently praying that he would jump up and tell her not to leave but he wouldn’t even look up at her.

Jimin sigh as she felt tears burning at the back of her eyeballs, this is really the end. With no goodbye or closure, this was the ending to their story. She opened the front door of their shared home and stared at him for one last time before walking out. The door slamming shut indicating the ending of their love story. Jimin finally let out the tears she have been holding

“Oppa?!”

“Jiminie?! What’s wrong?” she can hear the worries in her brother’s voice

“Can you come pick me up? Please” she whisper into the phone,

Less than 10  minutes, her brother was by her side as she couldn’t stop the tears from falling.

“What did that bastard do!?” He shout as he saw how wreak his younger sister was in. Her make up smeared and eyes red from crying. He never saw her cried this bad before. He wrap his arms around her and embrace her but that only draw out more tears.

“It’s over… We’re done, Oppa... He didn’t even fight for us…”

“Come on, Baby girl, let’s get you home…” he helped her up and wheel her suitcase to the car. Jimin turn and look at their apartment’s window for the last time before she climb into the car and drove off.

Inside the apartment, Jaebum was crouch on the floor. His eyes sting from his tears. He let the most precious and treasured person in his life walked away. He walked over to the fridge and pull out soju bottle and drink out of them. He needs something to help numb his pain. He already know he is going to regret his choices today but he wasn’t going to drag her down with him. Like what her parents said, she deserve the world and he know he can’t give her the world. How do you give someone who had everything, the world when you have nothing to give to them? Jaebum could only wish her the best and hopefully she is able to find someone to love her and give her everything that he won’t be able to give her. She deserve the world, even if he have to watch someone else give her the world. He wipe his tears as he picked up their broken picture, he pick the broken glasses which cut his fingers. His beautiful Jimin….

Jaebum shut the door behind him and walk around the room, their pictures were still framed on the wall, the hole in the wall remain untouched and unfixed. He smile a little as he saw their couple teddy bear that they created for one another. He picked up the girl teddy up and squeeze the stomach, inside the recorded device play the laugh of the person he still loved so much. Hearing that laughter made him wonder if she still have the same laugh, is she still the bright and outgoing girl he fell in love with? Or did he broke her…? He wonder how she is doing and if sometimes she think of him like how he thought of her. Hopefully the good memories…

 He open the door to their once shared bedroom. The scene of when they consume their first time together as a couple flood back to his mind. She looked so beautiful laying in their navy blue comforters that contrast with her pale body. He remember the beautiful sounds she made on that night and so many other nights after because of him. Her body was nicely sculptured and fit nicely along his as if they were made for each other.  How she reacted to his every touch and always seeking for more than what he gave her. He recalled her facial expressions when she reached her high and when he over stimulated her. He loved the way she pout and whine when he was teasing her but most importantly what he loved most about her was the cuddle after their hot heated passion. How he would spoon her inside his arms as if he is protecting his entire world. They would have late night talks about their future and dream together. He couldn’t help but let his mind wander in disappoint and envy of the man who is holding onto her now. He is probably the luckiest man in the entire world because Jimin is a one in a million and he let her go…. Without a fight…

Jaebum exist the room and re-enter the living room and recalled the event that happened the night before their big fight, before Jimin left.

There was a knock on the door and Jaebum opened without thinking twice. Jimin probably lost her keys again and they would have to change their door lock again but that was his Jimin.

“Hey Baby! How was your day?” He asked brightly but instead he came face to face with Jimin’s mother. The disgusted look on her face quickly silenced Jaebum. He bowed to her before opening the door bigger to allow her to come in. She quickly scanned the room and vocalized her disgust and can’t be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter