Why did i fall in love with you?

15& Jimin's short stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Why did I fall in love with you?

It have been five years since the two last seen each other, but as they say “A strong friendship doesn’t need daily conversation, doesn’t always need togetherness, as long as the relationship lives in the heart, True friends will never part….”

“Yahhhhahhh! Put me down! Who are you?!” Jimin shriek as soon as she felt a pair of arms wrap around her from behind and pick her off the airport’s floor. She was flailing in the process to loosing the hold on her while shouting until she heard the stranger’s chuckles. Her ears perks up and realization comes to her.

“Yah Snakeboy!” she exclaim as the strong arms put her down, she quickly turn around and basically jump into his arms, giving him a bear hug before pulling his head down and put the poor dude in a headlock.

“What did I say about scaring me? It’s been five years, shouldn’t you grow up already?”

“Yahahh! Jimin! You’re messing up my hair!” The male bellow, his voice have deepen over the years which left Jimin wondering how is that possible when his voice was already deep enough when they said their byes five years ago.

The male used this opportunity to pull away from Jimin’s grasp and quickly fix his hair that was ruined by his best friend… while he was sending death glares her way as she stare in awe. All these five years have done the poor boy a wonderful job as if puberty didn’t already do a good job the first time. He really grown up and got manlier like how he always wanted it. As much as she would never admit it to the poor boy. He looks good… Handsome if she may say. No he was more than handsome… much more.

“Hello! Earth to Jimin! JIMIN!” The male shout in her ear as he was waving his hand back and forth.

“Yahhhhahhh! What did I say about yelling in my ear” she shout back in an octave higher and glare at the male while knock his head away even when he was at least a head taller or more than her.

“Must you two always fight whenever you two see one another?” A voice question from behind them. Jimin knows that voice and tone from anywhere. It was Yugyeom, their other friend from their childhood. As he approach them, he pull his two glaring best friends away and shakes his head.

“C’mon guys! It have been five years that we haven’t seen each other. You guys just saw each other for like less than 5 minutes. Don’t kill each other already.” He nags at them as he put him arms around them and led them to his car.

“I see that your nagging have gotten worse.” The male tease as Jimin join in “You don’t know what I’ve to go through when you left. He nagged me for both you and me! I had double the earful.”

“Yahhhhahhh… Just because I stopped you two doesn’t means for you two to team up and pick on me!” Yugyeom whine as he was pouting before giving both his friends a small knuckle hit to the side of their head.

“Still violent, I see” the male sneer back

“Yup this is all I have to deal with when you were gone. I received twice the amount” Jimin answer from his other side.

“Sometime…. Just sometimes I wonder why I am stuck with you two idiots” Yugyeom rant as he reach into his pocket and grab his car remote. He quickly pressed the button and open the trunk for Bambam’s bags.

“Because you LOVE US” they both giggle and give him a side hug before

“Shotgun!” He heard his two best friends shout at the same time see both of them pushing and shoving to gain entry to the front passenger’s seat.

“Yahhhhahhh Bambam! At least put your luggage in the car before you and Jimin start fighting again!” he shout behind them as his words went unheard as he see Jimin and Bambam fighting to see who gain entry to the seat first.

Yugyeom turn back and pick Bambam’s luggage off the ground and mutter to himself before putting it in the trunk and walked to the driver’s seat. Once he was settle and comfortable, he looked over and see that his friends were still fighting, one not losing to the other. It was times like these where he wishes that time would freezes and let they have their blissful moments like these forever. Let them cherish times like these for the rest of their life…  He blinked out of his train of thoughts and started the engine.

He push the window button and open it,

“Yahhhhahhh I swear to whoever people swear to that if you two big babies don’t hurry up, I will leave you two here and let you two find your own ride back home.”

“You’re the big baby!” Jimin shout back at him “You wouldn’t dare!” Bambam also yell at him while they both never stopping their movements.

“You two have ten seconds before I drive off!” Yugyeom shout as he was pointing at the two, letting them both know that he was done with their horse playing.

“Yah Jimin! You should be polite and let me sit here. It have been five years since I’ve been back. At least have the mannerism to let me sit up front.” He whine

“Snakeboy! What are you trying to say? That I don’t have manners?” She shout back not backing down

“Yah why are you always yelling at me! I am older than you!”

“Yes by 2 months and 3 days! I know I know! You told me this like a billion time already.” She yell back as she is blocking him from sitting in the seat. It was then when he did something totally unexpected, he pull her into a back hug. Shocked, she then let go of the side of the car and the door. His arms were wrapped tightly around her waist, a bit too low for her comfortable level.

“Yah what are you doing?!” she stutter trying to pull away.

She froze as her heart and cheeks were betraying her. Her heart was thumping excitedly at the close contact they’re both sharing with one another and tints of red is evidences on her full cheeks.

“Nothing just yet” he breathe into her ear softly. His breath tickles her ear and caused her to cower away, still in his embrace. He chuckle, oh how endearing it was to her ear. She sure missed his chuckles when he left them to head back to his hometown, five years ago.

Jimin was still in her train of thoughts when she heard the car door slam shut with two loud sources of laughter. She looked up and Bambam was already sitting in the front passenger’s seat, making silly faces to taunt her. She run to grab the door handle but Bambam rush to lock the door from the inside. His loud laughter can be heard and it was only making Jimin angrier than before. She kicked the back wheel of the car before opening the door behind Bambam’s.

“Yah just because Bambam did you wrong, doesn’t mean you take it out on my baby.” Yugyeom nag as they drive off.

Jimin sat in the back sulking and angry at Bambam for such a low move that even she would never do. She is soooooo getting back at him. Just he wait. She was ignoring him until they reach their destination, they were meeting up with their other friends and throwing her “ugly” friend a welcome back party.

Bambam being the annoying friends that he is. He step out and politely opened the door for Jimin even though he know she was a bit angry at him. He put on his sweetest and cutest smile for his best friend while holding one hand out for her to grab.

“C’mon quit being such a kid.”

“I am 2 months and 3 days younger than you. I am still a kid.” She answer back as she grab his hand and step out.

And just like that her anger disappeared, Jimin is never one to hold a grudge. Her anger come fast and vanish in thin air as fast as they came.

“You’re such a jerk sometimes.” She lightly punch the other’s shoulder resulting in a groan.

“Yah…. That hurts.” Bambam rub his shoulder. “I forgot how much strength you have.” He groan as he continue rubbing his shoulder. “If it bruise up tomorrow I swear I am going to kill you.”

Yugyeom came and pull the two inside the coffee shop that contain their other friends.

“Surprise!” voices shout as soon as they walked inside the door.

“Yah BamBam! I MISS YOU!” Jackson exclaim as soon as he saw the younger male and pull him into a deep hug and gave him two pecks on each cheeks. “Five years man! That was the longest five years without you!”

The other boys came and engulf the two hugging boys into a group hug. They sure missed the younger boy when he left for Thailand a few years back when he received a letter saying that his father was sick and his family needed him to return. All 7 of them were inseparable when they were studying in Korea, they always did everything together… Seven guys that got lucky who became super close friends.

“But bro why are you back here….?” Jackson finally recall his question to why the younger is back in Korea, he knows that it is not just to visit them because he miss them, it must be something else. The question caught Bambam off guard but he just brush the question away and said “I’ll tell you guys when the time is right. Let’s just catch up for now, I must had missed out on so much that happened around here.”

Jackson wrap his arms around Bambam’s neck and pull him close, “Now let me tell you what happened. Jr. finally got an acting role of a film. All those years of reciting those long and dreadful lines with him finally payoff” which result in his getting a smack on the back by Jr. but he only laugh.

“Jaebum finally got his own recording studio and making big bank for his music, Youngjae is healing people with his music and voice. He is teaching disable children singing and piano, Mark is the owner of this coffee shop and part time teaching martial art such as flips, he also graduate with a master degree and Yugyeom… well you know he and Yerin are dating now. He is also a dance teacher…. And your truly is now a national fencer coach.” He explain quickly before someone can disrupt him or steal his chance of talking as he led Bambam to one of the couch and they both sat down with the others mimicking their actions, sitting around them.

“Wow all you guys… who would had thought that all of you guys are doing something that you all loved. Five years ago, we were all so lost about what we wanted in life and chasing our dreams like wild beast.”

“What about you Bambam? What happened when you left Seoul?” Jaebum ask as they all lost contact with the boy when he returned home. No matter how much they wrote and texted him, there were no answers until recently they all received a phone call from a mysterious number and who would had guessed that it was their friend of many years, Bambam.

“After I returned home… my father’s illness worsen and sadly he is no longer here with us today. I was groomed to take over the company thus losing all contact with you guys.” He said as he was looking at them one by one then stop at individual that gave him a worried look but he gave her a small smile to indicate that it is okay now.

“Then why are you here now…?” Jimin ask

“Like I said I’ll tell you guys when the time is right. I only have a couple days to hang out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter