Brave Hearts

Suga Daddy

Real men don't cry. 

Although he failed to understand why, Jihoon still practices it. He doesn't cry as long as he can, but even so, he always finds himself shedding tears in front of his father. Even he also remembers a character from one of his Grandpa Hobi's (As how Yoongi instructed him to call his uncles) favorite drama say such. 

Add to that famous saying, Soonyeong, while they were going home from school stated that he never cried. Ironically on the other hand, he did -really loud at that- when Jihoon pushed him down. (He can be real mean at times just like a certain rapper we know)

And so, as much as he could, Jihoon tries his hardest not to cry. He was almost six so it would be embarrassing if someone sees him cry despite already being a 'big boy'. 

But there were seriously days or night where in he can't stop himself from leaking. 

Take tonight for example. Jihoon abruptly woke up by the sound of thunder. He curled up even further into his sheets when another flashed of lightning followed by the sound of thunder cut through the sky. Fresh tears escaped his eyes without even realizing it. 

He certainly hated storms.

Jihoon was scared and he was all alone in his room. Given that Yoongi was only next door, he couldn't bring himself to wake his father up. He was afraid that Yoongi would scold him for crying. To Jihoon, his father was the epitome of a real man. He never saw him cry after all. He saw Hobi and Jimin cry a lot but never was it Yoongi. 

So, no matter how scared he was, he never got up from his bed. 

Well, 30 minutes later he finally ran out of his room. Jihoon, while clutching his favorite blanket, silently crept into Yoongi's room. He saw him sleeping on the top of the bunk bed. The bottom was currently occupied by Jimin who was snoring all throughout the storm. 

Jihoon sniffed and thought of a plan. Yoongi was too high and sleeping beside Jimin was not an option. The boy will probably end up suffocating him because he was one of the biggest cuddler that he know. And Jimin definitely loves cuddling Jihoon.

He then again sniffed, deciding that although it was quite dangerous he'd rather sleep beside the person he feels safest. 

So with that in thought he puffed his cheeks and took ahold of the railings. The first step was fine but then he looked up and saw that he still have a long way to go. 

Nodding to himself, Jihoon continued to take courageous steps up to where his father was. But when another lightning flashed through the sky, he slipped. His scream was covered by the thunder that followed after. Jihoon didn't fell, he got ahold of the railing at the last minute. Thank God.  

But he was yet again crying. His hands hurt and his blanket fell on the ground. He don't know if he could even continue his  flight at this rate. He sniffed, he wanted to call out for Yoongi but a real man don't  do that. A real can get through all of these.

So, as much as how his hand started hurting, he tried again. If at first you don't succeed, it's never too late to take another shot. His Grandpa Namjoon told him so. He took a hold of the railing with his free hand. Blowing through his nose, the little kid raised his feet and took a step up. And another. 

It felt like hours and he was growing really tired. But when he finally reached the top, a wide happy grin found it self onto Jihoon's face. Yoongi was still sleeping, he was dead tired that day. Jihoon knew that, so with quiet  movements he crawled under his blanket. He placed himself just beside him, hands instantly curling at Yoongi's shirt just like how he usually do. And almost on reflex, Yoongi wrapped his arms around his son's smaller frame. 

Clearly he was woken up by the movement. He wanted to ask Jihoon how he managed to get up all the way here but his still half asleep state still couldn't find any words to say. So instead, he hugged Jihoon and let himself drift back to his much needed slumber. But not without uttering the following words; 

"Good night, kid." 

"Good night, Appa."