Mockingbird

Suga Daddy

It has been raining a lot lately. 

Yoongi hid under the shelter of the coffee shop's roof, waiting for the rain to subside. He had checked the time earlier, not liking the fact that it was already pass seven thirty. Jihoon was home alone as Seokjin was away and his other brothers still have business of their own.

A lighting flashed on the sky and he cringed when a thunder followed after.

Jihoon hates the thunder.

It always startles him.

He remembered the night where the child crawled under his covers because of it. Even if he doesn’t voice it, his tears were enough to tell him his fears.

Yoongi sighed. He might run to get to his destination at this rate. He was already feeling uneasy thinking about Jihoon crying inside his room but there was also something churning inside his guts.

He couldn’t pint point it but he was feeling nervous.

He shook his head, eyes shifting through the cars that passes him.

He could take the cab but the apartment was only a few blocks away, thinking of the money he might save makes him throw the idea away.

But wouldn’t that take him faster?

The man could only ruffle his head in frustration. He took his phone out, wanting to check the time again, and saw a few text from Seokjin.

jin: ‘yoongi are u home now?’

Yoongi hurriedly typed a reply.

suga: ‘not yet. Im stuck @ jb's café.’

jin: ‘I see. I’m gonna be home late tonight just take a cab. Jihoon’s all alone.’

suga: ‘ok ok I will.’

With that, he slid his phone inside his pocket. It seems like running was his only option that moment. He ran his hands to his hair and return back inside the coffee shop.

Or he could just walk. He thought.

Jaebum look up from the cash register when the door slid open. He raised an eyebrow when he saw Yoongi entering the shop once again. He thought the man already left earlier.

“Hey,” Yoongi greeted his friend. “Do mind lending me an umbrella? I can’t leave with this rain.”

Jaebum gave him a look and shifted his eyes to the glass window. “I don’t think an umbrella is enough with that rain.” He said but took one under the table anyway, giving it to the man after. He didn’t bother suggesting taking the cab as he know how frugal Yoongi could be.

“It's worth the shot,” The man said and took the umbrella. “I'll return this to you tomorrow. Thanks.”

“Why don’t you order a cup of coffee instead? Just wait for that rain to stop.” Jaebum suggested, wiping the counter nonchalantly. 

“The idea sounds nice but Jihoon’s all alone right now.” And he left without saying anything else. Jaebum could only shook his head, a smile gracing his lips. To think that the lazy Yoongi he knew from high school would decline that offer.

He has changed.

And the change was good, he guess.

 

 


Yoongi cursed the heavens when he finally took a step inside the apartment complex's lobby.

He was soaking wet and the umbrella he borrowed from Jaebum was ruined by the strong wind. He really should have just took the cab. The man shook himself off the excess waters and threw the umbrella on the nearest garbage can, planning on just paying Jaebum tomorrow.

Yoongi smiled at Mrs. Kim who was giving him weirded looks. The lady, who looked like she was in her early thirties, gave him an uneasy smile before disappearing inside the elevator.

Yoongi punched the ‘up' button of the elevator, boarding it when the door opened. He slumped on the wall of the elevator and gave out a tired sigh. He hoped Jihoon wasn’t crying, he hates it when his son cry. It makes him want to give him anything when he does so.

Jihoon’s too precious to be sad.

Then he felt it again.

The uneasy feeling earlier came back.

Something was about to happen.

His hand had gone cold, both from the cold and the uneasiness that he felt. Yoongi ran his tongue on his lips, quietly listening to classical music being played inside the elevator.

His eyes went to the number of floors.

He wants it to go faster.

For some reasons the nervousness that he felt was growing bigger the more he nears their floor.

Ting!

The elevator opened, eliciting a sigh from Yoongi. He was starting to feel claustrophobic inside the box. He pushed himself from the wall, arranging the straps of bag on his shoulder.

He took a step forward, then another.

Thump.

Someone were in front of their door, he noticed.

Yoongi continued walking but as he nears their door, his heart thumped harder inside his chest. The uneasiness grew larger as everything seemed to slow down when the one of the woman gasped and held the other's hand.

His mouth went dry when she faced him.

His feet stopped functioning and he found himself stopping a few meters from their unit.

The thunder roared louder outside, flash of lighting cut through the night sky but his mind went blank.

“Y-yoongi…” She stuttered. She looked nervous as she stared at him.

He opened his mouth but no words came out.

Seoyeon…

His mind echoed. Seoyeon…

“What if she returns, what would you feel?”

Seokjin's question repeated itself. It was as if hunting him, crawling up from the dark corners of the room and whispering beside his ear. He could feel it's breath and he shuddered.
His fist clenched.

“Yoongi…” She called and took a step forward. A feat that woke him up from his trance. The moment she did so, his guard was up.

“Stay there.” He said, voice ice cold that made the girl flinched. Never had she saw this side of him, she had seen him angry but never this cold. His voice gave her chills. “What are you doing here?”

“Listen,” her sister took a step forward to speak in her stead. Yoongi wanted to laugh. Of course, she would. Some things never changes. Some people never change. “We only want to talk.”

“You do now?” he spat with venom. “what took you so long?” He didn’t want to sound sarcastic but he ended up sounding so. Different emotions were building up inside of him, wanting to be let out, wanting to be voiced out.

Seoyeon bit her lip in shame. Tears brimmed in the corner of her eyes and Yoongi diverted his eyes from the sight.

You're still crying?

Don’t you ever change?

He closed his eyes and frowned. He was about to say something when another flash of lighting lit the sky and was followed by another thunder. The instant he remembered the reason to why he was in a hurry in the first place.

Jihoon.

But before he could even go to the door, it opened and revealed Jihoon himself, face red and tears falling from his eyes. The little boy hiccuped and stared at the two woman with tear brimmed eyes. He bit his lips, turning his head to the direction of the elevator, planning on going to Soonyoung and Jiwon's floor, only for him to cry harder upon seeing Yoongi.

He cried and ran towards the man, clinging onto his legs after.

Yoongi felt his heart break at the sight of his son crying. He crouched down low and scooped him in his arm, Jihoon immediately wrapping his little limbs around his neck and crying even harder. “Shh… hush.” He cooed, eyes not leaving the woman who also had tears in her eyes.

“calm down, I’m here now.” He told his son as he made his way to the door of their unit.

He stopped just in front of the woman, giving her a cold look. “go home.” Was the last thing that he said before shutting the door close, not waiting for any response from them.

He made his way to the direction of Jihoon’s room with the child still crying hard in his arm. He was well aware that his clothes were still wet but his son was more important than getting a cold. The man sat on top of Jihoon’s bed, feeling suddenly tired.

“What took you so long?” The child said in between his crying. “I was so scared.”

“I'm sorry,” he apologized, patting the little child on his back. “your dad is an idiot. But I’m here now.” He said and kissed him on the head.

Jihoon merely whimpered and tightened his arms around his father's neck, continuously crying as more thunder roared through the sky. He was still afraid but it had lessened now that Yoongi was here. It was much better then being alone in this huge apartment.

“hush little baby don’t you cry,” Yoongi suddenly sang, a song that he always sings whenever Jihoon was crying. “Everything’s gonna be alright. Stiffen that upper lip up, little baby, I told you Daddy’s gonna hold you through the night.” Admittedly he was no singer unlike Seokjin but he couldn’t really careless as he sang the chorus of one of his favorite’s rapper's song.

“I know Mommy’s not here right now and we don’t know why we feel how we feel inside,” he continued patting his back.

“it may sound a little crazy, pretty baby,” Jihoon had stopped crying at this point, only reduced into a hiccupping mess as he listen to his father. “But I promise mama's gonna be alright.”

Yoongi sighed and shook her image inside of his head. He started versing the rap part of the song, resting his head on top of Jihoon’s shoulder, hugging him tighter. He rocked them back and fort, hoping not only will if calm his son but him as well.

Why now?

Why must you return now?

… why did you return now?

 

 

 

 

Mockingbird ▶ Eminem

So yeah, she’s an OC because after a lot of thinking she really isn’t likeable. It was supposed to be Red Velvet's Seulgi (she’s still going to be in this hope you don’t mind) but I don’t want you to hate her.

This weather's making me all emo and stuffs. Still I prefer this than summer lol.

That might be all, see you ~

PS. I could seriously imagine Yoongi rapping as his lullaby to his kid lol.