Drift Away

Suga Daddy

Drift Away ▶ Seventeen

It was a sight to be hold. 

A kid who was dragging a guitar bigger than him, the tip was scrapping the carpeted floor of their apartment. But he paid this no in mind as he sat on the sofa with a huff. He placed the instrument on his lap and started remembering what his ‘American hyung'  did.

The twelve years old was a immigrant from America and Jihoon met him at the park. 

He was so good in playing the guitar that Jihoon was awestruck upon first witnessing him. 

Admittedly, he don’t know how to play the guitar, yet. But seeing how Jisoo did it, it looked so easy. With that in mind, the little boy nodded to himself and strummed his father's guitar, creating random tunes. Tunes that were so far from what Jisoo creates. 

Realizing this, the little boy stopped with a frustrated huff. He crossed his arms and roamed his eyes around. Seeing no sign of his grandpas or Yoongi (he’s probably asleep or something). Realizing that he was alone, he hopped off the sofa and dragged the guitar with him to the door. He tip toed and reached for the knob, grinning widely as it opened. 

He closed the door behind him, carrying the guitar under his arm. He made his way to the elevator, using the far end of the guitar to punch its button.

The elevator opened with a ‘ding’ and Mrs. Kim, one of their neighbors, nearly screamed at the sight of Jihoon. The little boy merely blinked at her and entered the elevator. He choose to stand at the far end, resting the guitar on the wall (which was the same height as him). 

He didn’t spoke until they reached the ground floor. The little boy murmured a thanks to the lady before rushing to the direction of the park, guitar in tow. He was on the look for Jisoo and he immediately spotted him sitting with Hansol and Seungkwan on a bench. 

“American hyung!” He called out to get the older boy's attention. Which he successfully did as he raised his head up, grinning at the sight of Jihoon carrying a guitar above his head. The little boy ran to their direction, nearly tripping but Jisoo was already on his side and caught him. 

“What are you doing?” The older boy chuckled and took the guitar from his grasp. 

Before Jihoon could even open his mouth to respond he was tackled in a bone crushing hug by no other than the great Seungkwan himself. “Jihoonie hyuuung ~” the boy cooed. 

“Hi.” Was all that Jihoon said but made no motion of pushing the three year old away. It would be bad if he did so, seeing that his mother was only a few meters away sitting on a picnic blanket under a tree, observing them. “American hyung,” he started and pulled on Jisoo's jeans. “Teach me how to play the guitar.” 

“oh! Teach me too!” Seungkwan butted in and the urge to push him away was getting stronger with each passing second. 

Jisoo seeing his pissed expression laughed and ruffled his hair. “Sure, let’s go back to Hansol then. He looks lonely.” He said as he motioned Jihoon to take his hand, which he gladly did without any hesitation. 

“We’re going to learn how to play the guitar!” Seungkwan announced haughtily when they reached Hansol, who was busy playing an app game on his tab. 

“You don’t like the guitar.” The foreign looking boy said in Hangul with a frown. 

“I do now!” Seungkwan puffed his chest out but only got a look of disapproval from Hansol. 

“You can learn with us too, Hansolie.” Jisoo said in english as he patted the little boy's shoulder. 

“Yah! No alien language!” Seungkwan shrieked and pointed at Jisoo. Hansol let out a tired sigh and shook his head, signaling that he wasn’t interested the slightest. Seungkwan pouted but upon seeing Minghao, their Chinese friend riding his iron man play car (towards them) he ran to his direction with his eyes sparkling. 

Jihoon shrugged and climbed the bench with the help of Jisoo. “Can you teach me a song now?” He asked with a cute tilt of his head, frankly relieved that Seungkwan found someone else to bother. 

“Sure,” Jisoo said and placed the guitar on his lap. “What song do you want to learn?” 

Jihoon thought for a while, swinging his feet back and forth until his expression lit up and grinned wide. “that song about a boy with a guitar as big as him!” He said and clapped his hand. 

“You mean drift away?” he questioned just to be sure. Drift away was the song that he composed and the song he was playing when he first met Jihoon. 

“Yeah. That.” He confirmed. 

“I like that song too.” Hansol butted in and look up from his game, a smile on his face. 

“You both do huh?” Jisoo chuckled and pulled Jihoon on his lap, replacing the guitar. He then placed it on the little boy's lap, starting their lesson that instant. 

 

 

 

 

A week after that, just a few days before Jungkook's graduation, Jihoon called his grandpas and father to the living room. 

Everyone was confused but said nothing as they sat side by side. The little boy gave them a grin, pulling a bean bag in the middle of the seven men. “What’s this all about, kid?” Yoongi couldn’t help but to ask. Much to his surprise, his son silenced him by placing an index finger to his lips. 

The child then ran to his room. Missing how everyone burst out laughing except Yoongi. 

“Yoon hyung!” Jungkook exclaimed in between his laughter. “Your own son just silenced yo—“ 

And he was hit square on the face with a throw pillow. Laughter erupted more at that. Yoongi told their youngest to shut up just in time for his son to reappear with his guitar in tow. Which confused him further. 

They all watched in amusement as the kid sat on the bean bag, placing the guitar on his lap. 

“So,” Yoongi leaned back on his seat and raise an eyebrow at his son. “Are you now willing to answer my question, kid?” 

“Hmm?” Jihoon tilted his head before he perked up and grinned. “I just want to show off. I learned to play the guitar!” He announced proudly.

Yoongi gaped at his son for a moment. He then grunted and chuckled. “Is that so?” 

“That's amazing, Jihoonie!” Jimin jumped on his seat and smiled widely. “So you’re going to sing for us right? Right?”

“Yes!” the child grinned and cleared his throat. Yoongi saw some scratches on the body of his guitar but he just shook it off. He could always buy a new one, it's not like it had a sentimental value or something. 

The little boy waited for them to quiet down. When they did, he nodded to himself and strummed the guitar like how Jisoo taught him so, not also forgetting to remember the chords. 

“Time passes, I think about the day that felt so long.”  He sang, swaying his head from left to right with the song. “’Can I do it?’ at that time, I didn’t know.”  The child shrugged to give more emphasis to the song. 

“The days that fell away alone. Today again I look for that more.”  Jihoon grinned, with this fingers continued to strum the guitar with his best. He missed some few chords but it didn’t ruin the song so he guess he was doing fine. “The smiling kid who carried a guitar bigger than him.” 

Yoongi chuckled at that part, seeing how it perfectly fit the situation. Jihoon was after all strumming a guitar which was bigger and taller than him. His brothers thought so too as they as well chuckled at the little boy.

“Those events that always flow past, inside I want to drift somewhere far.”  He hit the chorus and this time not only was his head was swaying but also his feet. He sang the song with pure innocence that it somewhat made it more amazing. “When you’re tired, lean beside me. Walking slowly and heavily.” 

Jihoon thought of the days where his father and grandpas would bring him out for a walk. Where he would hold Yoongi's hand to his right and Jimin or Seokjin's to his right. 

“Someday, it will become memories.”  He continued. “The happiness, oh oh, the sadness oh oh. Is it so wrong to welcome everything that comes at us?” 

Admittedly, his guitar skills wasn’t polished yet. He kept on making mistakes but the boys over looked that fact at how sincere the child was with his singing. How he seemed to mean every word that he’s singing. 

"Drift away, drift away again," He smiled at them. “Drift away in this moment. Drift away, drift away again.” 

When he finished the song, all seven boys jumped up on their seats to Jihoon. They applauded as Jimin took him in his arms. “That was amazing, Jihoonie! I always knew that you’re going to be singer just like me!” He exclaimed and rubbed their cheeks together. 

Jihoon giggled with the sensation. His head turned to Yoongi who was grinning. He reached out for him and the older man was more than happy to take him from Jimin. 

“Yah! Who do you think have been teaching him all this time?” Seokjin pushed Jimin away who pouted in return. The shorter boy back hugged their oldest and whined something that he could not comprehend. 

The apartment was filled with laughter that night. 

Jungkook assuming that the song was for him and the rest gushing about how amazing the little boy was. 

Thought I’d share to you guise my favorite SVT song.