► Sleepless Night

Oh My Delinquent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Nine: 

Sleepless Night

 

Normally, situations like this are nothing to me, but for some reason… I’m feeling really uncomfortable right now. Is it because I witnessed something I wasn’t supposed to? Just walking with someone is supposed to be considered an everyday thing… but it’s just so… awkward. It’s like, because I just saw that, I see him in a different kind of way? Not in a good way, but not in a bad way either. Maybe more like ‘Wow, he’s not the person I thought he was.’ I mean, I’ve always thought of Kim Hanbin as an and a jerk ever since I met him, but he’s shown me that he’s not always like that. I guess he can be kind of nice sometimes. Sometimes. I was just taken back I guess. Maybe I was just expecting him to be different from what I always pictured him as. Like, even though I knew he would turn down the girl in a rude way, I was kind of--- hoping I guess? that he wouldn’t have been such a -head about it. Oh well. It’s not any of my business anyways.

 

After what it seemed like, a long, painful, silent walk, we arrived at the cafeteria. I could see Jinhwan and Bobby seated at Nara and I’s usual lunch table. Looks like they were already enveloped in an interesting conversation seeing as they were smiling and laughing with one another. I went to take a seat next to Nara since Bobby was sitting in my usual area.

 

“Where have you guys been?” Nara asked giving Hanbin and I glances.

 

“I stopped by my locker and happened to meet up with Hanbin on my way down here.” I replied back to her. I wasn’t lying… but I wasn’t exactly telling the whole story. What she doesn’t know won’t kill her. Plus, it wasn’t really my place to say anything about what happened.

 

“What happened bro?” Bobby asked nudging Hanbin. Did Bobby know something?

 

“Nothing. Same old.” Hanbin replied dryly.

 

“What was the reason this time?” Jinhwan asked his cousin.

 

What the hell, do they know what happened?!

 

Hanbin shrugged. “Some girl told me she’s been stalking me for a while saying that she really likes me.”

 

Holy , he literally just throws it out there… was this a daily thing to him? It must be if they’re asking questions like that as if it happens all the time…

 

Bobby laughed while Jinhwan snickered under his breath. Nara seemed interested.

 

“What? Someone confessed to you?” She asked openly. “Daebak! what did you say to her?”  Welp, here comes Nosey-Nara.

 

“Wait, wait, wait. I can tell you exactly what he said.” Jinhwan cut in before Hanbin could say anything. He sat up stiffly with a blank expression on his face.

 

“I’m not interested.”

 

He began laughing immediately after along with Bobby. Hanbin had a half-smile on his face agreeing with his cousin.

 

“Wow, does that happen a lot or something? What kind of dumb tells you that she’s been stalking you and expects you to like her after. That’s so freaking creepy, I would have slapped her!” Nara rolled her eyes in disgust.

 

That’s literally what I said earlier. See, this is why we’re best friends.

 

Hanbin shrugged at her question once again. “It pretty much happens at least every other day. I don’t even know why girls like him. Just look at his attitude, he’s like a total thug.” Jinhwan joked putting his arm around Hanbin’s neck.

 

“Yah, Hyung!” Hanbin snapped at his older cousin who was laughing at him.

 

A chuckle escaped from my mouth. Okay, I have to admit, that was pretty funny because it was true.

 

“You’re laughing, Prez?” Hanbin asked giving me a deathly glare.

 

I immediately hid my smile and my lips, shaking my head. “Nope.” Everyone else at the table started laughing.

 

“Oh, by the way. Here’s our plan for when we go camping. Jinhwan, Bobby and I already pitched in our ideas.” Nara announced. She took a folded-up piece of paper out of her pocket, quickly unraveling it. “So if the trip will be anything like last years, which it probably will be… we’re going to get dropped off at the camp-site and the teachers are literally just going to leave us there while they go to sleep at the cabin which is like a five minute walk from the camp-site. Every group snags an area and sets up their camp and tents and everything. We have to make sure to get a good piece of ground. Anyway, we’re basically just going to be in our own little groups, the whole bonding with other students is total bull. They provide us with food and stuff, so that’s all good. Just make sure to bring a camping or a beach chair with you. Also, bring a pillow, sleeping bag or blanket, and warm clothes for yourself because it gets pretty cold up there.” She explained. “Sounds good?”

 

Wow, Nara’s got it down with all the details and everything. Everyone just nodded in agreement.

 

“Great!” she exclaimed. “It's going to be fun!”

 

***

 

“Okay, okay, OKAY! I'm up, I'm UP!” I replied to the person screaming at me on the phone to wake up. I hung up the phone and dropped it back on my bed while lying there still thinking about life and whether or not I really need school in my life.

 

“Nara it's freaking 5 AM WHY ARE YOU WAKING ME UP SO FREAKING EARLY!!!!!!” I shouted to myself. I rolled over and groaned as if my soul had depleted from my body. We don't even have to be at school till 7 to catch the bus to go to the camping trip. Ughhhhhh this girl. I kicked off my blanket and got up. I hate my life. I barely got any sleep last night because I was busy packing for the trip. I didn't know exactly what I needed so I got stressed out for like 2 hours straight. Sigh, whatever. I walked into the bathroom and proceeded to get ready for the upcoming day.

 

I managed to finish getting ready by 6:30. I threw on a casual black wool sweater with a pair of skinny jeans and a pair of black sneakers. Since I had time to kill, I actually did my hair and makeup on point today? I grabbed my duffel bag with all my camping stuff, as well as my backpack which I used mainly for snacks. Can’t last on a trip without flaming hot cheetos and gummy worms. Soon, I got a text from Nara telling me to come outside. I walked down the stairs to the kitc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter