► Delinquents Will Be Delinquents

Oh My Delinquent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty-Three: 

Delinquents Will Be Delinquents

 

“Young lady, where have you been all night?!” Yunhyeong scolded me as soon as I walked through the door.

 

“I was tutoring a classmate at the library.” I replied taking off my shoes, setting them aside.  

 

“Mhm…” He arched his eyebrow. “You really expect me to believe that?”

 

“Yes, where else would I be? I have no life.” I walked passed my annoying cousin, tossed my bag onto the floor and lounged myself on the living room couch.

 

He nodded his head agreeing with me. “You're right, your life is sad enough. What would you possibly be doing besides--- studying?” He stuck his index finger in his mouth pretending to gag at the thought.

 

I picked up the pillow off of the couch and whipped it towards his face causing a light smack sound to echo through the room.

 

“OW?! What the hell was that for?!” He cried throwing the pillow back at me.

 

“That's for pretending to be my boyfriend. My friends who saw you the other day were all questioning me.” I shook my head in frustration.

 

“You should be grateful to have them think that I'm your boyfriend.” He ran his hands through his hair. “I mean just look at me.” He grinned.

 

“You are so conceited. I'm literally getting goosebumps.” I shuddered in disgust.

 

Donghyuk made his way from up the stairs into the living. “Jin! You're home just in time.” He greeted me with joy. “The new drama we've been waiting for is going to air in a few minutes!!” He walked over taking a seat next to me on the couch.

 

“Oh crap, I totally forgot it's airing tonight. Let's get some snacks.” I suggested, making my way to the kitchen.

 

“Ay… you two and your dramas. I'm out of here.” Yunhyeong rolled his eyes and headed up the stairs to his room.

 

“Good, nobody wants you here anyway you little !” I shouted at him.

 

 

I sat at my desk in my little corner of the room, waiting for the day to start. Unfortunately, my morning was already dreading painfully and I literally wanted to kill myself. Not just today but everyday to be honest.

 

My phone buzzed abruptly in my pocket as I was getting a phone call. Who the hell is calling me so early in the morning?! I looked at the caller ID.

 

‘My Nara’ is calling…

 

Nara? What could she possibly want so urgently that she couldn't just text me? There was still time before class started so I decided to take the call. I swiped my screen and held the phone to my ear.  

 

“What is it, Nara?”

 

“Jin, you might wanna come here real quick.”

 

“What? Where? Hello, class is about to start!!”

 

“To the courtyard. We have some trou--- YAH! GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF HIM!” She shouted out suddenly, hanging up the line.

 

“Hello?! Nara?” I removed the phone from my ear and stared at the screen to realize that the call had ended. I stuffed my phone in my pocket and quickly jumped out of my seat, sprinting out of the classroom.

 

I ran down the endless maze of corridors bumping into students and by passers along the way. The halls were becoming more and more congested as I arrived near the entrance to the outside courtyard. It seems like something is going on. Is there another fight breaking out?!

 

Ugh I don't want to be held responsible for this. Do I really want to go out there? Agh but Nara is out there and it sounded like she got involved.. . Whatever, let's just check it out first.

 

I made my way through the crowd of students until I reached a another crowd huddled around in a circle in the center of the courtyard.

 

I'm suddenly getting flashbacks to my second day of school where I witnessed my first fight.. and got pushed down to the ground. Bad times, bad times.

 

I cut through the sea of people once again  making my way towards the middle of the circle.

 

Cheers and cries of; “Beat the out of him!!!” and “teach him a lesson Oppa!!”  filled the air.

 

Well then…. whatever I'm about to witness can't be good.

 

The situation finally came into view. There were both familiar and unfamiliar faces bunched together in one area. In the center was Hanbin faced off with a student that I haven't seen before. Their faces were scratched up, bruised, and patted with dirt.

 

I felt someone grab onto my wrist, pulling me aside.

 

“Nara!” I exclaimed as she appeared beside me. I was relieved to see her. “What's going on here? Are you okay?” I asked urgently checking her body for any problems.

 

“I'm fine.” She assured me. “But I'm not the one we should be worried about.” she pointed to the two boys. “That's Song Mino, another useless trouble maker in our grade.” She explained. “He and Hanbin have always had a bad relationship. I guess Mino decided to provoke him this morning because they bumped shoulders for the first time in a while.”

 

“So they had to fight about that?! What is with these people, they literally act like they're 12 years old. Ugh, this is so annoying.” I grunted in frustration. “Am I supposed to break this up?! Did anyone even call a teacher?”

 

Nara shook her head. “Nobody cares enough to do that. I was hoping you could convince Hanbin to stop… before Bobby and Jinhwan get here because lord knows what will happen once they arrive.”

 

“Why me?!” Out of all people, I'm probably the last person who could convince him.

 

“Because he kinda listens to you?” She shrugged. “I don't know but do something, you're the freaking class president!”

 

“Why don't you do something?!” I retorted. Why is she pushing all of this weight on me? It's none of my business to begin with anyway.

 

“Obviously I would but I got a $40 manicure last night and I am not letting these babies get damaged in any way possible.” she replied, showing off her french tipped nails.

 

“Hey, it looks nice.” I complimented them. “Actually, they're super cute what the heck.”

 

“I know! Now you see why I can't afford to ruin them.” she boasted. “Now go!” she turned me around and shoved my back forward towards the fight.

 

“Yah!” I screamed at her as I was forcefully tossed into the middle.

 

I looked to my right to see Hanbin panting heavily, holding onto his knees. His face was scratched up badly and his lip was bleeding. My gaze shifted to the left to see this ‘Mino’ guy out of breath as well, standing there with a smug look on his face. His clothes were stained with blood marks and dirt along with his face.

 

“Hanbin, let's stop now.” I told him calmly. “Fighting isn't worth it. Not right now.” I slowly eased towards him, one step at a time.

 

“Prez, get out of here.” He replied in a low husky tone. “You're going to get hurt.”

 

“Yeah… I can't do that, sorry! You know--- being class president doesn't allow me to walk away from this situation.” I explained. I gladly would have walked away and minded my own business if I wasn't the god damn class president but unfortunately I'm cursed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter