► Misunderstandings Are A Pain

Oh My Delinquent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty-Eight: 

Misunderstandings Are A Pain

A/N: Hello everyone!! It's been a while right? I doubt I have any readers left but after a while, I decided that I felt kind of empty just leaving this story behind. I've been watching/reading a lot of romance lately which suddenly sparked my interest again in trying to complete this story. I just had so much writer's block and I was busy with life that I just kept dropping it, but I'm back and that's all that matters I guess. Hope you can enjoy this chapter. The writing will be a little awkward since it's been quite a long time since I tried writing! If you don't want to re-read the whole story again just incase you forgot what it's about, I provided a some-what kind of recap below that should hopefully keep you up to date! Thanks again readers~ 

RECAP: Sappy kdrama lover Jin has been randomly picked as the class president for her senior year of high school. Ever since becoming class president, she's had to get involved with the delinquent in her class, Kim Hanbin. Since then, everything seems to be going wrong with her life! Along with her classmates Bobby, Chanwoo, her sassy best friend Nara, and their cousin Jinhwan, the group has some crazy adventures together building friendships and relationships with one another. They provoked one of the school's delinquents, saved Jin from being locked in the gymnasium storage closet, fought the culprit together, went on a school camping trip, and attended high school parties. Jin's been doing a lot of firsts this year with the help of her friends. We also learn that Chanwoo is actually interested in men and not just any guy, but Hanbin himself! Recently, Jin is beared the responsibility of helping the two delinquents in her class to pass their exams or else she's forced to go on a retreat with the other class presidents in the school. One night during a tutoring session, Hanbin begins to realize his true feelings towards his class president. Soon after, the boys had a basketball game where Jin, Nara & Jinhwan made fools of themselves by becoming a cheer squad for them. After the game, Mino appears and suddenly asks Prez out on a date in front of everyone, keeping in mind that him and Hanbin are enemies, which causes Hanbin to storm off. After clearing up their misunderstanding, Hanbin admits to being jealous and confesses that he's afraid to lose Prez to Mino. She assures him that nothing like that would ever happen and everything goes back to normal. The boys get their exams back to find out that they barely passed with the help of Jin's teachings which causes for a celebration seeing that she doesn't have to attend a dumb retreat anymore. The group agrees to meet later that night. As Jin tries to leave school, it begins pouring rain in which she forgot to bring an umbrella. Hanbin offers to walk home her home under his own umbrella causing for some slightly awkward situations! 

 

It was around 5 pm. I had just finished getting out of the shower. It’s such an amazing feeling to wash up after coming home from a disgusting day. The rain always makes my hair feel gross so I had to wash it today. I hate washing my hair. I usually wash it every two to three days because it takes so damn long to comb and dry… but on the bright side, I bought a new vanilla almond shampoo that smells so frickin’ good! I smell like a fresh baked christmas cookie or something.

Hmm, maybe that was a little weird to think of myself that way. Ah well.

 I plopped down onto my bed pummeling my face into my pillow. It’s been awhile since I’ve been able to feel so relaxed. I’ve finally finished tutoring Hanbin and Bobby and they passed their exams— well barely…. but it feels like a big weight was lifted off my shoulders knowing I don’t have to attend some wack retreat with a bunch of weirdos. Ahhh, I love not having to do anything and being worry free!

We all decided to have our little get together at Hanbin & Jinhwan’s house instead of mine because my aunt unexpectedly came home early from work today and I didn’t want to bother her since she probably wants to spend the rest of the day relaxing in peace… and we all know how rowdy this little group can get. We’re not meeting up for another two hours so I decided to just lie in my bed and just die for the next hour or so before getting ready. It’s just what I like to do.. ya know?

I threw on a hoodie and a pair of skinny jeans— basically whatever was still in my closet. I couldn’t be bothered to try and dress up. I mean, it’s not like there’s a reason to dress up since I’m just hanging out with my friends.

“Imo! I’m heading out to a friends house! I’ll be back later!” I announced as I opened the front door about to leave.

“Okay Jin! Just don’t die, that’s all I care about!” A muffled voice replied from behind her room door.

“Got it!” I rolled my eyes in response. I walked out onto the front porch and closed the door behind me. I was now greeted by the great outdoors. It was pretty chilly today but nothing too overbearing. At least it stopped raining. The cement was still wet from earlier. I took a small whiff of the air surrounding me. Ah yes, I love the smell of wet dirt and cement. It smells like spring even though it’s in cold. I headed down the steps of the porch and embarked on my long journey ahead to Hanbin’s house.

Okay they live like 10 minutes away walking distance but that’s still pretty far to me so...

I guess it was a bit of a mistake to throw on a random hoodie from my closet. The one I was wearing had no pockets for me to stuff my hands in. Now my hands are going to freeze. I can’t use my pants pockets because for some reason, some genius thought it was a splendid idea to make the front pockets of girl’s skinny jeans so frickin small while guys skinny jeans get the whole package. Like does that even make any sense?? Ah whatever, it up Jin! You can survive 10 minutes in the cold weather! You’re a big girl! Let’s jog and make it 5 minutes! Hahaha, now I’m pumped!

Except that wasn’t the case. I was hyping myself up. Unfortunately I know myself too well. I knew my wasn’t going to jog anywhere. Hell no. I folded my arms as I walked to keep them warm against my body instead.

I felt a buzz coming from my pants pocket. Hmm, must be the group chat. I grabbed my phone and unlocked the screen revealing a notification from Facebook Messenger. Facebook? I don’t even use Facebook anymore. Who the hell would be trying to contact me through there?

You have received a message from ‘Song Mino.’

What the—- why the hell is he messaging me?! Actually, a better question would is how the hell did he find me on Facebook?!?! What the actual ? I tapped onto the notification revealing the message.

“hey”

was all the message said. Nice. I don’t even want to talk to him. Maybe I should just ignore it. Yeah, that sounds like a great idea, I’ll just pretend I never read it! I locked the phone screen and stashed it back into my pants pocket. Quickly after, another vibration jolted down my leg. All I could do was sigh.

“why aren’t u replying? It says you read my message lol.”

I felt my stomach sink just a little. AHHH Omg me, I forgot that Facebook shows if you’ve seen a message or not. , what do I do? What do I say? I don’t want to feed into the devil. I hesitated to type with my thumbs hovering over the letters of the keyboard. I was starting to feel nervous for some reason. My heart was starting to jump all over the place. I could feel a drop of sweat rolling down the side of temples. Why the hell am I so scared right now? What’s there to be scared of Jin?! Oh wait, maybe because a fckin scary thug looking delinquent keeps bothering me and won’t leave me alone! My hands were slightly shaking. I took a deep breath to calm down. Alright.

“Hi Mino. I didn’t expect to get a message from you. Did you need something? Also… how did you find my Facebook?”

“it’s not that hard since you’re a class president. i grabbed some random twerp from your class and asked him what ur full name was and searched you up lol”

Oh my god. He’s harassing people in my class just to know my full name?! What a psycho…

“And yea. We never decided what day to go on our date”

HUH? He’s still on this goddamn date that I never even agreed to. God this is so frustrating. It’s like trying to reason with a 5 year old. I’ve got to quickly reject him before this gets out of hand. The sooner, the better right?

“I never agreed to go on a date with you Mino.”

After about ten seconds of reading my message, I could see the little typing symbol coming from him. I was a bit scared to see what he was going to reply with.

“I was thinking this Saturday. What do u think?”

HUH?? HE’S STRAIGHT UP IGNORING ME!!!! I closed my eyes and curled one of my hands into a fist. I was so aggravated at this point. Huy, maybe I should just give in for now and reject him in person, face to face. He’s obviously not going to listen to me over text.

“Okay, whatever. See you then.”

I replied lifelessly. I rested my hand on my face letting out a big sigh of disappointment. I can’t believe I’m really being bothered like this. I can’t believe this lunatic just slid into my DMs...I put my phone away and continued walking on to my destination.

I finally arrived in front of Hanbin’s house. In the distance from down the street, I could see Nara and Bobby walking towards me, together side by side.

Hmm, interesting. They didn’t even offer to walk with me. I mean I do live in the opposite direction but they still could’ve offered! I cupped my right hand onto my chin while it lightly with my index finger. Those two are definitely a little suspicious… or maybe I’m just overthinking it. Whatever it’s none of my business. I waved over to them and made my way to the front porch. I lightly knocked on the door and stood there awkwardly.

“COMING!” a muffled voice responded from inside. The door swung open as I was greeted by a baby faced giant hovering over my body.

“Hi Prez!” Chanwoo welcomed me with a huge smile.

Ah.. I can’t take his cuteness. He’s like a little puppy. He moved aside and gestured me to come in.

“Hi Chanwoo!” I greeted him back “You sure got here quick.” I followed him inside, leaving the door cracked open for Nara and Bobby who were right behind me.

I removed my shoes leaving them in the hallway in front of the entrance. It’s never nice to wear shoes in the house people! I could see Jinhwan and Hanbin lazing around on their couch watching TV. It was one of those huge L shaped couches. Hanbin was on one end with one arm hanging off the rear side of the couch. He was wearing an oversized hoodie and sweatpants. Jinhwan was lying down on the other end comfortably on his side in a long sleeved shirt and sweatpants. They sure looked comfortable alright.

“Hey guys!” I greeted them happily. Jinhwan and Hanbin both turned their heads to look at me.

“Hey Jinnie.”

“Yo.” They both replied in unison. I made my way to the couch and sat in between the both of them. Chanwoo plopped down besides Hanbin. Hanbin playfully grabbed Chanwoo by the neck, wrapping his arm around him pulling him in close into a light headlock.

“Hyunggg!” Chanwoo whined in a burdened tone tapping Hanbin on the arm to let him go. Hanbin just laughed as it was amusing to him teasing his friend. I glanced over at Chanwoo’s face. His expression wasn’t an expression of irritation. He looked as if he was enjoying it. I grinned at him and arched one eyebrow giving him a look of suspicion. He locked eyes with me and his face started turning red as he quickly looked away. I squinted at him giving him ‘the look.’ You know, the look you give when you know someone is being sneaky. He was definitely liking the situation he was in right now but he was just playing it innocent. That sneaky little fox Chanwoo.

I heard the front door open and shut from behind along with multiple footsteps approaching.

“PARTY’S HERE ES!!” Nara announced shamelessly. She held up two black plastic bags in her hands waving them around lightly. Bobby followed in from behind her immediately jumping over from behind the couch landing right next to Jinhwan.

“Whatcha got there?” I questioned the items inside Nara’s mysterious black bags. I could hear the faint sounds of clinking as she walked towards the kitchen counter to put them down.

“What else?” She replied. She stripped off the black bags revealing two 6-pack of grey cans.

“You brought...soda…?” I examined from afar. That was a bit underwhelming. “What’s so exciting about that?”

Nara scoffed and rolled her eyes. “It’s not soda you idiot. It’s beer!” she replied sassily. “We can’t have a fun get together without some alcohol!” She proceeded to put the cans into the fridge.

“You’re kidding…” I said with the most lifeless voice I could put out. I wasn’t looking forward to drinking. Everytime I drank… it always led to some sort of trouble or awkward situation. “How’d you even get that. You’re not of age to buy it.”

“Gurllll, don’t worry about that!” Nara replied in a sassy voice. “Ya girl got some connections!” she chuckled. “We can drink it once it gets cold.” She made her way to the couch with the rest of us sitting down in between Bobby and I. The couch was getting a little crowded so we had to start squishing together a little bit. I scooted down a bit closer to Hanbin until our arms were touching. I felt a slight chill shoot up into my body. That was weird.

“Oh right, where’s Obang? He usually greets me when I arrive. Or when anyone arrives.” I asked the two boys of the house.

“He’s sleeping in Hanbin’s room. He’s been feeling a little sick lately.” Jinhwan replied. 

“That . Hope he feels better, poor dog.” I responded sympathetically. My poor baby is sick.

“So what do you guys wanna do?” Jinhwan got up from his sleep position, sitting normally up against Bobby. “We already ordered some pizza which should be here soon.”

Nara suddenly started rummaging through her purse and pulled out something suspicious. “Let’s watch a movie!” she suggested holding up a DVD box in her hand. Her expression slowly started becoming a little grim-like. A little evil…? “A scary movie that is…” she added in an eerie tone. “I rented it on the way here from blue-box.”

“Noooo thank you!” I responded immediately making a cross with my arms. Nope! No! Nu uh! I refuse. I hate, hate, HATE horror movies! Especially since I have to walk home later tonight. Oh hell no!

“Horror movies are wack. They ain’t even scary.” Bobby said coolly. Guess he isn’t really scared of anything.

“I love horror movies!” Chanwoo happily interjected. “Let’s watch it! What’s it about?” His eyes beamed with interest.

“It’s a new slasher flick about a group of college kids in an adventure club. They’re on a boat when they arrive at this deserted island where they see a man sitting next to a fire. One of the guys decides to swim to the shore to help the man only to find that the man was burning a body and ends up killing the guy who went and tried to save him. The other people on the boat end up freaking out and the boat crashes so now they’re stranded on the island with the murderer!” Nara explained with great interest. It gave me the chills how she could actually enjoy something like this. My cute innocent kdrama buddies are actually psychos who love watching people get killed.

“Laame.” Bobby yawned not showing the slightest interest. “But whatever, we can watch it if you guys really want to.”

“Sounds fun.” Jinhwan agreed. His cell phone started buzzing on the coffee table in front of us. “Let’s watch it after we eat. Looks like the pizza is here.” He quickly got up and headed towards the front door.

I let out a deep sigh while slouching my head forward in despair.

“What was that for?” Hanbin looked at me with a confused expressio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter