► A Strange Presence

Oh My Delinquent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Thirteen: 

A Strange Presence

 

A new student? Gee, what's the occasion? He stood there looking cute with his bright smile and small little dimple.

 

“Thank you for the introduction, Chanwoo. You may look for an empty seat and sit wherever you’d like.” Park seonsaengnim guided him.

 

The boy bowed to the teacher and proceeded to look for an empty seat. Unfortunately, the seat in front of me was the only desk that was vacant. He walked over, taking off his bag and took a seat. Hey, he's pretty tall though so he can block me from seonsaengnim’s view. Maybe I can take a nap...

 

“Class President, please show Chanwoo around after class to familiarize him with the school!” He added.

 

UGH ! This god damn teacher just loves bothering me with every little thing… can't he just leave me alone for one day?

 

I shot him a smile and nodded in agreement. “Of course.”

 

“Great! Now let's get on with the day shall we?”

 

Chanwoo glanced his head over at me. He shifted his body around and faced me.

 

“Hi there! It’s nice to meet you. Your name is?” he smiled putting his hand out to me. I smiled back, gripping onto his hand, lightly shaking it. “Nice to meet you too. I'm Jin.”

 

He smiled at me again before turning back around to face the front.

 

Does this kid ever stop smiling? Doesn't his cheeks get sore?

 

I glanced over to my side to find Hanbin and Bobby sleeping behind their opened textbooks. Tsk, tsk. Looks like someone didn't get enough sleep last night either…

I immediately dropped my head on my desk as well and closed my eyes, praying that today won't be so painful.

 

 

Why do I have to go out of my way to give someone a tour of the school? Shouldn't that have been taken care of before they enrolled? Nothing ever makes sense anymore.

 

I walked down the hallway with Chanwoo, briefly explaining where everything is. This kid is literally a giant compared to me. How is he so tall? I felt a little intimidated the whole time. We walked awkwardly in silence. “So… where did you transfer from?” I asked trying to make conversation. Gotta break the ice somehow.

 

“I came from Middle High.” He replied putting with his hands in his pockets.

 

“Ooh, why did you decide to come over here?”

 

“Ehh, it's not that great there. Too much hierarchy. You know, like the super popular kids reign over everyone. They just bully everyone around with no consequences.  It's pretty lame.” He chuckled. “I came over here hoping to start fresh.

 

“Wow, that sounds horrible…were you bullied by them or something?”

 

“Something like that…” He smiled at me, then looking down at the ground.  

 

How can he smile like that when talking about how he used to be bullied? He's surprisingly open about all this. I should probably stop snooping into his business.

 

“So over here is the school courtyard. This is where we gather around for school events and stuff like that. Usually you'll find people fighting there instead so just a heads up.” I warned him. Don't want ya ending up like me.

 

He nodded his head in interest. “Do fights happen a lot here?” he asked innocently.

 

“Where don't they happen?” I replied sarcastically. “Besides, the only people who ever cause trouble is Hanbin and Bobby.”

 

“Who?” he asked curiously.

 

“The two lunatics that sit in the back of our classroom.”

 

“Ohh…”  

 

Just then, my phone started buzzing. I reached in my pocket and grabbed it.

 

“Just a sec.” I told Chanwoo. He smiled and nodded.

 

Nara: Jin! Where are you? Are you skipping lunch without me?!

 

Jinhwan: Without us?

 

Nara: Excuse you, you were not invited.

 

Jinhwan: Why not???

 

Nara: Why are you typing in here when you're sitting right next to me? HELLO JIN WHERE ARE YOU?!

 

I rolled my eyes and sighed.

 

Jin: I'm busy giving a new student in my class a tour. Calm down.

 

Nara: Ooooo, who?! Is he cute? Bring him over here! I wanna meet him!  

 

Why is she assuming it's a guy, I never even mentioned gender. Hmm, but it is lunchtime… he shouldn't miss it. I locked my phone screen and put it back in my pocket.

 

“Do you have anyone you know here?” I asked him.

 

He shook his head in response. When he meant new, he meant new. Dang, he doesn't have one friend here? How lonely that must be… well I would love it but not everyone is a loser like me.

 

“Well, it's lunch time now so let's go to the cafeteria.” I said walking away. He quickly followed without me having to say anything else. He's like a little puppy.

 

 

Nara and Jinhwan were sitting together at our lunch table.

 

“You can sit with me today.” I told Chanwoo who looked nervous arriving at the cafeteria. “You know, until you find some friends that you'd want to sit with in the future.”

 

“Thanks.” He seemed a little relieved.

 

I walked over to my lunch table as Chanwoo followed behind closely.

 

“Hey.” I sat down in my usual seat. “You can sit next to me.” I looked up at the tall awkward boy standing next to me. He nodded his head quietly and sat down beside me.

 

“Ooo, is this the person you were talking about?” Nara asked while smiling and scanning him from head to toe. I nodded my head in embarrassment. She literally has no chill oh my goddd.

 

“Hi, I'm Nara. Jin’s BFFLWLTWKDT. Nice to meet you!” She offered her hand for a handshake.

 

He smiled happily bowing his head greeting her back. “I'm Chanwoo, it's really nice to meet you.” He grabbed her hand, shaking it gently. “You're her what? Sorry, I'm not quite sure what that is…”

 

“You don't need to know.” I answered him trying avoid even more embarrassment. Why must she always introduce herself like that?!

 

“I'm Jinhwan, nice to meet you.” He politely introduced himself.

 

“Likewise hyung.” The puppy like boy smiled again bowing his head. Uh… yeah okay. Let's just eat…

 

I pulled out a triangle kimbap from my bag. I wasn't that hungry...but I had to eat to prevent myself from falling asleep. I wasn't feeling so hot. I just want my bed, kdrama and chill. Is that so much to ask for?!

 

I looked over at the boy next to me who was just sitting there quietly.

 

“You're not gonna eat?” I asked him.

 

“Oh, haha. I kind of forgot to pack myself a lunch today. I was too excited about my first day here that I forgot.” he shrugged. “It's no big deal though.”

 

I looked down at the wrapped up kimbap in my hands. I kind of felt like throwing up, yet I don't know why.

 

“Here, you can have this if you want.” I offered handing him the triangle shaped snack.

 

“Oh,  no it’s okay. I'm fine!” He politely refused.

 

“Just take it, I'm not really in the mood to eat right now.” I grabbed one of his hands, forcefully placing it in his palms.

 

“Ahh… thanks a lot Jin.” He bowed gratefully with a smile on his face. It was starting to turn a little pink. I just nodded accepting his thanks proceeding to lie my head on the table.

 

“So, is it your first day h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter