► Taking a Turn For the Worst

Oh My Delinquent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Three: 

Taking a Turn for The Worst

 

The teacher stared at us with accusation. He obviously knew something was going on.

 

“There's nothing going on here ssem, just had a little accident that's all!” I panicked. That was the only excuse I could think of.

 

Hanbin and Bobby both looked at me with a puzzled face.

What? Do you guys want to be punished? I tried to give them some eye signals but I don't think it was working out that well.

 

“I just fell, that's all.” The gym teacher eyed me down arching his eyebrows.

 

“Stop trying to cover up for these troublemakers. I know these two were up to no good. Especially Hanbin.” the teacher said roughly while pointing to Hanbin. Hanbin rolled his eyes and clicked his tongue.

 

“No really! It's just a misunderstanding. The students were gathered around because they thought Hanbin hurt me but I actually just tripped on my own foot hahaha silly me!”

I sound like an idiot. There's no way he's going to buy my story. “He was just trying to help me out. Right Hanbin?”

 

I'm a terrible liar. I turned to look him and forced a pressed smile on my face. He arched one of his eyebrows and looked at me. Don't leave me hanging here fool. Say SOMETHING!! “Uh..yeah..” he replied in a dull tone.

 

Really??? At least make it sound believable idiot!

“She's our class president, she wouldn't lie.” Bobby interjected with a smile.

 

There you go Bobby, he's got my back on this one. I started to flinch unintentionally. I should probably go patch myself up. Without noticing, my eyes were starting to water and my scrapes were starting to sting really bad. I can't let anyone see me like this. I tried to get up as Bobby helped me.

 

“See? Everything's fine.” I said as I sniffled quietly. I tried to hide my face from their eyes. “Fine. Go get yourself patched up and get to class.” the teacher ordered us. He walked back into the building as I sighed in relief. That was close.

 

My attention then reverted back to the current situation.  So there stood the three of us. Alone in the courtyard. Awkwardly looking at each other in silence. “I should go.” I decided to break the silence. “Wouldn't want to these to get infected.” I let out a small chuckle and turned around back into the building.

 

I lied. I was lying to myself and to the people around me. Everything wasn't okay at the moment.  I didn't bother to look back. I was too embarrassed. I could feel their eyes watching me as I walked away. The stinging pain from my cuts were getting more intense. . Why did I do that you ask? Why did I try to cover up for Hanbin? Is it because I actually care about him and his well being? No. It's the exact opposite actually. I did it to save myself. I knew if he were to get in trouble, as the class president, I would probably get in trouble too. Especially since I was involved in the situation. It's not rocket science. Even though I'm not able to hide anymore, I still have to try my best to stay out of trouble. I took a deep breath and arrived at the nurse's office.

 

I opened the door to find an empty room. Looks like she's not in right now. I walked in and looked around for a disinfectant. Aha! I stumbled upon a clear medical cabinet behind the nurse’s desk. I grabbed a bottle of hydrogen peroxide from inside the medical cabinet along with a few cotton balls and bandages. I sat down on top of the patient bed and unscrewed the cap off the disinfectant. Gently dabbing it with some cotton, I braced myself for the worst. This is probably going to kill me. I hesitated while staring at the drenched cotton ball. I squeezed my eyes shut and slowly brought it towards my hand. I clenched my teeth and began to the cotton onto my scapes. HOLY THAT STINGS! I wanted to cry so bad. Actually I was crying. There were real tears coming out of the corner of my eyes. I felt like my life was going to end any moment. Okay maybe I'm just being overdramatic now. I proceeded to clean the rest of my wounds and applied a bandage on each of my hands and my knee. Well at least the worst part is over. I quickly packed up the supplies and put them back. I had to grab a tissue and wipe the tears from my eyes and face. This is so not cool. I threw away the tissue and opened the door to leave.

 

I turned around to suddenly see a figure standing by the door. I flinched, jumped, and almost screamed but managed to stop myself in time. “Jesus christ, you scared me.” I said under my breath.

 

I put my hand over my chest feeling my heart rate shoot up. Hanbin was standing there in front of me with his hands in his pockets leaning against the wall.

 

Why is he here? Did I do something wrong again…? I looked at him and he averted my gaze.

 

“Is there… something you want?” I asked cautiously while raising my hands over my face. Whatever I did wrong, I will apologize so please don't hurt me too. My face is still too young to experience something like that. There was a brief moment silence before he spoke up.

 

“I’m not here to hit you.” he said. He pulled my hands down from my face. “Stay out of my problems next time.” he said roughly. “You'll only make your life harder.” he lifted himself off the wall and walked off after. And there I was, staring at his backside while he walked away from me.

 

Excuse me? I almost wanted to throw a fit. I never wanted to get involved in the first place. It wasn't even my fault! That made me get involved! Unbelievable. And why is he trying to warn me? I don't need a warning. I don't care about your dirty business anyway. I even saved him from getting punishment. Oh my god. I didn't even get a thanks? All I get is a “stay out of my problems” and a dirty look? Alright. That's fine with me. Next time, I won't even think twice when his gets beaten up! God that pissed me off. I don't even know why I'm pissed off either. Ughhh.

 

 

Maybe he was pitying me. Or maybe he felt guilty. Or maybe he was just really annoyed that I got in the way. I threw my head back into the couch cushion.

 

“Ugh I don't know.” I said while shaking my head. “I told you to stay away from him.” Nara said nagging me on the side. I originally called her to come over to watch some dramas after to get my mind off of today's unfortunate events. But instead of relaxation, all I get is endless nagging. Maybe I shouldn't have called her.

 

“I literally warned you beforehand, and what do you do? You get involved with him anyways!” she continued nagging while keeping her eyes on the TV.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter