► Rainy Days Are The Worst

Oh My Delinquent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty-Seven: 

Rainy Days Are The Worst

A/N: Hello everyone!! It's been a while right? For those who are still interested, I suggest re-reading the story because we're about to get started again! :) -- new readers, this doesn't apply to you!

Thank you for anyone who still continue to reads this story. Sorry for the hiatus. And I apologize in advance if the writing is awkward. I've just getting back into writing after a whole year so it might not flow so well. Let's hope it gets better as I get back into it haha. Enjoy!~

 

I stood there in silence as my eyes were fixated onto his.

I don't want to lose you.

What is that supposed to mean? Lose me? Does he think I'll stop being his friend because of Mino? I stood there blankly, batting my eyes with confusion.

“I can't lose you to him. I won't.” he muttered.

“Hanbin, what are you thinking?” I responded while curving my lips slightly. “I'm not going anywhere.” I gave him a wider smile to assure him.

“How are you so sure?” He seemed unconvinced.

Well what am I supposed to do to convince him then?!

I held up my pinky finger out towards him. He looked down at it questioningly.

“I'm not going anywhere! I pinky promise.”

“What are we, five? Who even does that anymore?” he scoffed at my gesture.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed ahold of his wrist. I wrapped my tiny pinky tightly around his slender finger.

“We just did.” I smiled at him. “That way, I won't break my promise. If I do, I give you permission to break my fingers.” I said with with a serious expression.

His expression became more relaxed. He seemed to be relieved by my words. “That's good then.” He grinned. He took his hand and patted me on the head while gently ruffling the top my hair.

“Hey, watch it!” I hissed at him. I quickly fixed my hair back into place. “My hair is precious.”

“Oh yeah?” He asked mischievously, ruffling my hair once again.

“Quit it!” I whined running away from him. “You're so annoying!” I chuckled while making a fist at him.

The door to the rooftop suddenly swung open. My face turned towards the doorway to see someone standing there.

“Oh… I came to check and see if everything was alright.” Chanwoo said, standing there innocently. “You guys were gone for a while, I thought something bad might have happened..”

Hanbin ran up to Chanwoo embracing him in a rough headlock.

“Something bad? What did you think I was going to do?” He asked jokingly nudging his friend on the head.

“OW, hyung stop!” The boy whined out loud.

“I don't blame you Chanwoo. He tried to push me off the rooftop when I first came up here.” I said pointing to Hanbin.

He looked at me with a surprised expression. “Yah, when did I ever do that?!” He hissed at me.

“Wow, what a .” Chanwoo replied unexpectedly.

Hanbin and I stared at him as the foul word came out of his mouth.

“Did you just..” I trailed off.

“Did you just talk down to me punk?!” Hanbin squeezed him even tighter still holding him in a deadly headlock.

I chuckled at the two boys then slowly sliding my hand over my chest as I felt my racing heart start to slow down. I took a deep breath and tried to calm down.

What kind of person says “I don't want to lose you” and just leaves it like that? You can make person feeling confused like that...

 

 

As lunch time came to an end, we scattered back to our classrooms. The day dreaded on like crazy. I sat at my desk twirling my pencil around in between my fingers.

The boys were chit chatting beside me. I felt a sense of relief as compared to this morning. The tension between Hanbin and I had vanished leaving me feeling more bright. At least I think the tension is gone anyway…

“By the way class, I finished grading your tests over your lunch break. I'll hand them back out to you before you leave today.” Park seonsaengnim announced.

His words suddenly struck me right in the gut. I was back to feeling uneasy. I turned my head over to Bobby and Hanbin who seemed to have slightly worried expressions on their faces. As much as they didn't want to admit it, they didn't want to fail this class and I didn't want to attend a deadly class president retreat because of them.

There was five minutes left before the bell was going to ring. Park seonsaengnim got up from his desk with a stack of papers in his hands.

“Alright, I'll start passing out your tests before you leave.” he said with a smile on his face. It was sinister. “For the most part, the grades were great… except for some of you.”

My stomach was turning from his statement. !!! These dumb asses failed their test! I can't believe they let me down after all the time I spent helping them. How could they do this to me?!?!?!? I clenched my fists hard feeling rather angry at the moment.  

The teacher reached the back of the classroom, handing them the white sheets of paper faced down on top of their desks. My mouth felt dry. This was the moment we’ve all been waiting for… this moment would determine the difference between life and death. My heart was pounding. They both looked at me with discourage but all I could do was nod my head to tell them it was alright. It was time for the big reveal.

Looking away, the boys flipped over their papers at the same time revealing their scores. My eyes widened in shock.

“......68……….75….” I muttered. “You guys passed..?” I questioned my eyes. Then it suddenly hit me. “YOU GUYS PASSED!!!!!!!!” I shouted in delight. “You barely passed but YOU PASSED!!!” I squealed in excitement. The boys looked at their papers, at each other, then at me, sighing in relief. Bobby’s face immediately brightened up with his signature crescent eyed smile.

“I told you to believe in us, Prez. You really need to trust in us more.” He boasted. I rolled my eyes at his statement.

Hanbin still sat there bewildered. He must have really been shocked. I stuck my hand out in the air towards him. “Good job my student.” I grinned happily at him. His face formed a half smile, letting out a small chuckle returning back a high five.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter