► Everything is NOT Okay

Oh My Delinquent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty-Six:

Everything is NOT Okay

 

Let's rewind just a little bit here first. Earlier today, Mino chased me around school and indirectly threatened me. Now, he's appeared in front of me once again and he's asking me on a freaking date?! Does that make any sense whatsoever?!

I slid Mino’s arm from off of my shoulder and turned around to look up at him.

 

“Huh?!” I was bewildered and thrown off guard. I wasn't expecting that.

 

Hanbin was glaring at the boy in deadly manner as if he was shooting beams out of his eyes. You could tell that his blood was starting to boil as he clenched his fists tight.

 

“What? You don't like the idea of going on a date with me?” Mino raised his eyebrows. “I really want to go on a date with you.” he smiled warmly.

 

NO! ABSOLUTELY NOT! NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS ! NADA, NOPE, BYE!

 

Those exact words were running through my head… however I couldn't bring myself to say them out loud. I felt choked up and suffocated. I couldn't speak my mind as I pleased in front of Mino. He knew I feared him, and he knew he could take advantage of that aspect. I was frozen and unresponsive. All I could do was look into his eyes as he pierced menacingly through mine.

 

“I…” I muttered shifting my gaze elsewhere. “I don't---” I paused again. I couldn't even speak. Why the hell am I so choked up right now?!

 

“That's what I thought.” He grinned lightly.

 

Hanbin soon lost all control. Running up to Mino, he used both of his hands and grabbed onto the other’s sweater by the collar. He was shaking, bottled up with anger. “ off and stay away from her.” he gritted through his teeth.

 

Mino had remained calm in the situation. “Or what? You going to hit me big boy? Go ahead.” He provoked him with a smug like grin.

 

“Shut up!” Hanbin shouted angrily, shaking him back and forth. “Before I really smash your punk- face in.”

 

“Stop it!” I grabbed onto Hanbin’s arm. “It's not worth it, Hanbin.” I tried to reason with him.

 

“Yeah, you heard the Prez.”

 

He stared intensely into the other boy’s eyes. They were shaking with tension and the desire to kill. I don't think I could stop him at this point.

 

He gradually loosened his grip, soon putting Mino down and shoving him away. “Beat it, before I really lose it..”

 

“Fine with me.” Mino responded playfully. He turned his back and made his way off, soon disappearing from our sight.

 

“ing .” Hanbin muttered underneath his breath.

 

“Hanbin… I can expl--”

 

“Save it. I don't wanna hear it.” He rudely cut me off and walked away on his own.

 

“Great.. now he's pissed at me.” I sighed.

 

“I would be too. What was that all about?!” Nara folded her arms and looked at me with suspicion. “I want an explanation Jin, and I want it now.”

 

Bobby threw his arms around both Nara’s and my neck. “Yo, yo! What'd I miss?” he asked cluelessly with a grin on his face.

 

 

Jinhwan dropped me off back home at around 8 pm. Hanbin had apparently walked home by himself, therefore wasn't in the car with us. I guess it was only normal that he wanted to blow off some steam. I just hope he got home safely…

 

I opened the front door to my house and made my way to the kitchen to find Yunhyeong cooking up a storm again as Donghyuk sat at the table reading manga.

 

Yunhyeong peeked his head back noticing my presence. “Ay Jinnie, you came back just in time!” he said happily. “Dinner is almost done!”

 

“Um… what are you even making?” I questioned the smell floating around in the kitchen. It wasn't really all that pleasant. I peeked over his shoulder trying to get a glance of what he was cooking.

 

“Ay, back off!” He turned around pointing the spatula at me. “It's a surprise.” He grinned and turned back around to attend to his creation.

 

“Sheesh… you're so strange…” I rolled my eyes and went to take a seat next to Donghyuk at the dining table.

 

“How was the basketball game you went to?” He asked with his eyes still glued to the book in his hands.

 

“It was horrible.” I leaned my elbow onto the table and rested my head on my hand, letting out a deep sigh.

 

“That's nice.” He responded still glued to his book.

 

Gee, why ask me about my day if you aren't even paying attention?

 

“Donghyuk, can I ask you a question?” I tapped him on the arm, breaking him out of his trance.

 

“Hmm? What's up?” He finally put down the manga book and turned his head towards me.

 

“So… uhh… I have this friend.” I said slowly while fiddling around with my fingers. “My friend also has this guy friend.” Donghyuk nodded his head. “So her guy friend has a.. uh I guess you can call it-- a ‘mortal enemy.’” I explained. “However, that ‘mortal enemy’ asked her on a date and now her guy friend is mad at her. What should my friend do?”

 

Donghyuk paused looking at me blankly. “Wait so your friend was basically asked out by her friend’s enemy?” He asked trying to make it clear. I nodded my head in response.

“Well… it depends really.” He said tapping his fingers in the table. “Does your friend have any interest in the guy that asked her out?”

 

“No, I--- I mean she, barely even knows him.” I stuttered. “It was unexpected and uncalled for.”

 

“Then she should explain to her friend that it's just a misunderstanding.” he turned over to Yunhyeong. “Right, hyung?”

 

“Right.” Yunhyeong answered soullessly.

 

“Do you know if her friend… has any feelings for her?” Donghyuk asked.

 

“Huh?!” I responded, surprised at the sudden question. “I-I don't know.. why?”

 

“Because...if he likes her, him being mad could just be a form of jealousy.” Donghyuk shrugged. “But it's just a possibility.”

 

J...ealousy? Hanbin? Hah, there's no way.

 

A plate covered with a lid suddenly appeared in the middle of the table. Yunhyeong placed his hands on the knob of the lid looking at both of our faces.

 

“It's done! Are you guys ready?”

 

“Uhm.. yes?” I hesitated. “I guess?”

 

“Oh boy.” Donghyuk said feeling uneasy.

 

I picked up a pair of chopsticks and prepared myself for the revealing of Yunhyeong’s ‘beautiful creation.’

 

He flashed us a big bright smile as he was filled with excitement. He pulled the lid off of the dish, revealing what was inside. My eyes widened at the sight. I leaned over to take a closer look.

 

“Yunhyeong…” I uttered out. “What.. the is that?!” I shouted at him. I looked down at the dish to see a big brown blob of who knows what. It literally looked and smelled like cow . Don't ask me how I know that.

 

“Uh…….” Donghyuk trailed off staring at the dish. He put his chopsticks down and pushed his seat back a little.

 

“What?! Try it! It's a new recipe I've been working on.” he replied feeling a little salty.

 

I took my chopsticks and poked at the big brown blob. I wanted to gag. It was jiggling around from the touch. “Oh my-- I think it's moving..” I dropped my chopsticks immediately and sat back. “Donghyuk, pull up Domino's Pizza’s menu. I'll call and order.”

 

“Good idea.” He agreed as he both got up from the table and headed for the living room.

 

“What the… guys! Why would you order pizza when I already made dinner for us!!!” Yunhyeong complained in a whiny voice. “YAH!!!!”

 

 

I stood in front of my locker, loading all my books that I needed for the day in my bag.

I let out a deep breath and closed my locker door. I turned around and noticed Hanbin making his way down the hall.

 

“Ha---” I tried to call out to him. Before I could even say his name, he walked right past me without even acknowledging me. I guess he was still mad at me… even though I did nothing wrong! Ugh.

 

My eyes followed his trail as he walked off into the distance. “Whatever, let's just get on with my day. No reason to stress out over it.”

 

I turned around about to start off in the direction towards my classroom. In the distance, I could see somebody walking towards me and waving to me. Someone that I didn't want to see. “Sike, not going that way.“ I muttered to myself. I immediately spun around and started to walk the opposite direction.

 

“Yah, wait up.” The voice called out from behind. I could hear the tapping of his boots as they collided with the tiled floors. He increased his pace eventually catching up to me. He put hand on my shoulder and pulled me aside.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter