► The Tables Have Turned

Oh My Delinquent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Seventeen: 

The Tables Have Turned

 

“I think I like Hanbin hyung.”

 

My eyes grew wide, about to pop out of my sockets. My mouth dropped open unconsciously. I didn't quite know what to say at the moment. How the hell am I supposed to respond to that?! It's not just the fact that Chanwoo told me who he likes, but he basically just came out to me.

 

“Huh?!” Was all I could say as I was still in complete shock.

 

Chanwoo’s face started to burn red again as he laughed off the awkwardness in the air.  

 

“I-- I don't think I can say it out loud again.” He said flustered. He looked down at the ground as we continued walking.

 

“I… I don't know what to say Chanwoo. I didn't know that you rolled that way.”

 

“Well, it's not something I like to blurt out in the open to everybody.” he chuckled lightly.

 

I let out a small laugh. “Right.” I nodded my head in agreement. “I'm flattered that you trust me though.”

 

“Wow it feels good to finally get that off of my chest!” He announced loudly into the air. He smiled along with a breath of relief.  

 

“So Hanbin huh?” I arched my eyebrow looking up at him. “That's so random, when did you start liking him?”

Actually the real question is why do you like him?

 

He paused for a moment. “I don't really know why. It just…happened… with all time we've been spending together since I started school.”

 

“Are you upset with me?” He asked finally turning his face to look at me.  

 

“Upset? Why would I be upset?” I chuckled at his sudden question. “Sure, I question your taste but I'm not upset.”

 

“It's just that, you seem close to Hanbin hyung, I didn't want you to think I was up to something by telling you all this.”

 

Chanwoo, what are you thinking? Me and Hanbin? Does he think I like him?

 

“I mean, yeah we're friends I guess… but nothing more.” I assured him. “He's all yours.” I smiled.

 

He sighed with slight disappointment.

 

“What's wrong?” I asked him.

 

“I'm not an idiot though. I'm well aware that nothing will ever happen between us.” He dropped his head down again.  “Hyung only sees me as a little brother, but I'm happy enough with the way things are now. Plus, I'm pretty sure he's only into girls. It's enough just being friends.” He smiled. “That's as far as I could get anyway.”

 

I looked over at him, as his face became a little sad. I felt bad for him. Although I didn't want to necessarily agree with him, he wasn't wrong. I actually felt a little proud of him. He wasn't thinking like a delusional person, hoping for the impossible to happen. Rather, he's working hard to keep what he has in front of him and trying to make the most of it. I linked my arm into his, holding him closer to me trying my best to comfort him.

 

“Awe, my little Chanwoo. I'm so proud of you. I hope you'll be able to overcome this soon.” I cheered him on, holding up my fist. “Fighting!”

 

He laughed at my childish gestures. While looking straight ahead, he muttered under his breath, “I hope these weird feelings will go away soon...”

 

 

Chanwoo walked me home before heading off to the bus stop himself. I assumed he'd be alright since he's a huge looking guy. I doubt anyone would try and him. Just look at him, he's a frigging giant. I took a shower and immediately hopped into bed after drying my hair.

 

I'm literally still in shock that Chanwoo dropped that bomb on me. I was so scared that he was going to confess to me. But, I never thought he would confess that he likes Hanbin. My mind was like blown right now. I'm not sure how this is going to play out from now on since he seems sure about his feelings…

 

You have received a new message from Jinhwan on KakaoTalk.

 

I was lying down on my bed listening to Taeyeon’s new song ‘Rain,’ until i was rudely interrupted by these damn group charts. I tapped on the notification blinking at the top of my screen.  

 

Jinhwan: Hey, I made a new group chat without Hanbin :-)

 

Jin: I can see that. What's up?

 

Nara: Hey fam, what'd I miss?!

 

Bobby: Hey

 

Chanwoo: Wow, hi everyone ^^

 

Jinhwan: So let's go over the plan for the party.

 

Jinhwan: So Bobby is going to take Hanbin to the arcade at around 2:30. Then drag his to the mall till 6. Before that, I'm gonna need some help buying groceries for his birthday dinner.

 

Jin: I can go with you if you want.

 

Bobby: As long as you give me the money to take him out lol…

 

Jinhwan: Yeah Jin, that'd be great! and @Bobby, you cheap little !!

 

Bobby: Hahahaha jk hyung.

 

Jinhwan: Anyway, I'm gonna need help decorating the house too.

 

Nara: You have me and Chanwoo? Duh!!!

 

Chanwoo: Yeah hyung, you can count on us!

 

Jinhwan: Great!! Come by the house when I tell you tomorrow. I'll text you guys after Hanbin and Bobby leave.

 

Jin: Okay, good night everyone!!!

 

Bobby: Gud nite

 

Nara: See you tomorrow! Night!

 

Chanwoo: Good night!!!

 

Jinhwan: See you guys tomorrow. Sweet dreams!

 

I timed my screen out as I put my phone down, getting ready to go to sleep.

 

 

Jinhwan picked me up from my house in his car at around 2:45. Apparently Nara and Chanwoo were already at his house setting up decorations and all that stuff.

 

I was sitting in the passenger seat of his car, scrolling through my phone looking for a good song to play since he handed me the aux cord. Fortunately, I found out that Jinhwan had pretty much the same taste in music as me.

 

I put on the song, ‘Today’ by iKON. It seemed to fit the mood of the day. Jinhwan turned up the volume as I put it on. “I'm really into this group lately, they put out some really good songs!” He commented. “This is one of my favorite tracks from them.”

 

“Right?” I agreed with him. We bopped our heads to the music as we sang along. “Hey, one of the singers really sounds just like you.” I said noticing their very similar vocal tones.

 

“Really? I don't hear it.” He shook his head at me.

 

“You guys literally sound just alike when you sing.”

 

He shrugged at me still not noticing their similarities. He's literally deaf, I swear to god.

 

We arrived at the super market lot. Jinhwan parked the car, turning the engine off.

 

“Wait, so what are we even gonna make tonight.” I asked him. “You still never told me.”

 

He shrugged his shoulders, shaking his head at the same time giving me a ditsy smile. “I'm not sure either.” he chuckled. “What do you think would be good?”

 

Are you serious Jinhwan. You literally couldn't have told me beforehand that you had no idea what we were going to cook…. Shake my head at this boy.

 

“Well… didn't he mention that he really likes bbq?” The idea suddenly popped up in my head. “I remember he said that at camp.”

 

“We could make BBQ bulgolgi and pork belly wraps. Maybe even some ribs?” I suggested. Jinhwan nodded his head, seeming to show interest in my idea. “Really depends on how many people you're inviting.”

 

“Not that many people. Just a few friends.”

 

“Then… uhhh, for dessert we can make some blue raspberry jell-o? Since he likes blue colored anything.”

 

“ooo, nice thinking.” Jinhwan complimented me.  “I would've never thought of that.”

 

Isn't he your cousin? Shouldn't you know what he likes the most???

 

“And just chips, snacks, all that other crap. We can just think of the rest as we go along.” I told him opening the car door to get out.

 

“Right, we should probably go into the market first and then decide...  good idea.” He laughed opening the door to get out as well.

 

 

We ended up buying exactly what I recommended. Jinhwan tried to go a little overboard with the food but I stopped him. I'm not trying to do more work than needed. I am not an overachiever. As for a cake, we grabbed a customized one with a picture of Obang on it. We just thought it would be cute and funny, so why not? It was my idea anyway… Jinhwan wanted to be basic and just get a white cake with “Happy birthday Hanbin!” He doesn't really... think outside the box if you couldn't tell.

 

We arrived back at his house to find the house nicely decorated. We walked into the front door which was left plain. Once you arrive into the living room, there's a big banner on the wall that says “Happy Birthday!” along with a bunch of balloons. There was a table set up in the corner for snacks and drinks. They also had a table in the middle for… drinking games.. of course. Can't have a high school party without one of those! Obang ran up to us with a little party hat attached to his head

 

 (Here's a visual lol)

 

 

 

“Oh my god, what is this?!” I squealed at the adorable little dog.

 

“I saw it at the party store so I decided to just get it for him.” Chanwoo said with a smile. “Isn't it cute?”

 

The pug sat there staring up at me wagging his tail.

 

“Yeah, we're pretty much done. Just need to set up the snacks and stuff.” Nara said washing her hands at the sink.

 

Jinhwan stacked the white plastic bags of groceries on the dining table. “Here, look around they should be in one of these somewhere.” he chuckled getting all the cooking necessities ready.

 

“Well then… let's get started I guess.”

 

Before we knew it, the time already flew by. Jinhwan and I managed to finish cooking up the BBQ meat and ribs by 5:50. I still had the jello settling in the fridge. We set all the food on the table as some of the guests started to arrive. A few familiar faces from school showed up. Like, people I've seen around in the halls but never really talked to. Or haven't talked to at all actually. A few of them were girls, and a few of them were guys. They brought along what I was guessing to be alcohol. I noticed some people brought a whole case of the fruity drinks that I drank that night at camp. Yikes.

 

Among the few people who entered the room, an unexpected guest made an appearance which took me by surprise. I tapped Nara on the shoulder pointing to him.

 

“What’s Junhoe doing here?” I whispered to her. She shrugged looking at me with a puzzled expression. She was about as shocked as I was. The tall, yet handsome boy greeted Jinhwan with a very bro-like handshake, giving off a radiant smile. His silk like black hair gave off a very clean shine.

 

Okay, I'll admit it. He cute. But too bad he's a douchebag. I still can't believe what he did to me back at camp!! He low key tried to me. It still traumatizes  till this day.

 

His eyes wandered around the room, noticing Nara and I in the corner. He gave us a warm smile, waving his hand saying hi. We didn't want to be rude in front of everyone  so we just waved back. It was whatever.

 

“Who is that?” Chanwoo asked whispering to the both of us. “He's pretty handsome.”

 

Oh boy Chanwoo. If only you knew…

 

“He's not your type. Stay away.” Nara warned him.

 

“Wait a minute… Nara knows too?!” I asked suddenly surprised at her casual response.

 

“Knows what?” She seemed a little confused. “Oh… that he’s…. on our side?”

 

I mean I guess you could put it that way…

 

“Yeah, he talked to me on the phone last night. No biggie.” she said casually. “I kinda already knew when he said he liked dramas. What kind of guy likes the type of dramas we watch?” she whispered into my ear.

 

Huh, I guess that's a pretty good point. Junhoe walked up to us suddenly.  

 

“Hey girls, what's up?” He greeted us in his husky, coarse voice. There was a faint scent of cologne coming from him. It smelled nice. But I can't give in.

 

“Uh… hi.” I replied back awkwardly making it obvious I was feeling uncomfortable.

 

“I just-- wanted to apologize for the other day... I never got the chance to. I don't want you to get the wrong idea about me. I'm not usually that kind of guy.” he leaned in closer whispering towards us. “Only when I'm drunk.” he chuckled. “I hope we can just start fresh and forget everything that happened.”

 

I looked over at Nara who seemed a little fishy about the idea. To be honest, I wasn't really buying it. Like he literally has the reputation as a boy, how is he gonna say that he's not that kind of guy? I just nodded my head slightly. “I'll think about it.” I replied softly, wanting him to leave already.

 

“That's… good enough for me.” He smiled. He put his hand out for a handshake as he noticed Chanwoo next to us.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter