► Eavesdropping at It's Finest

Oh My Delinquent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Eight: 

Eavesdropping at It's Finest

 

I wasn't particularly familiar with this kind of scenario, nor have I ever been put in this kind of position.

 

Hanbin moved over to the sink after putting away the disinfectant supplies. I suppose it's a good idea to wash your hands after punching someone in the face then touching someone else's wound. A+ for health awareness Hanbin. He the faucet and began to scrub his hands.

 

Agh, that reminds me… I really should rinse out my mouth. The nasty taste of Namjoon’s sweaty palm still lingers around on my tongue. Yuck. I got up from the bed and walked over next to Hanbin waiting for him to finish with the sink. He shot me a side glance.

 

“I'm not trying to rush you, take your time.” I said with a pressed smile. He returned his gaze back to his hands. After another five seconds, he turned off the faucet and reached over for a paper towel. He moved over to the side to make room while he tried to dry off his hands.

 

I took this as a signal that I could use the sink now. I the faucet, making sure the water was hot. Yes, hot. Not warm. Hot. I must suffer through the pain if I want this disgusting feeling to vanish from existence.

 

I cupped my hands together under the running water. It was hot, but not burning hot. I should be fine. I brought the water in my hands to my mouth and proceeded to gargle it.

 

Welp that may have been the dumbest thing I've ever done. I may have failed to realize that temperature feels different from the hands compared to other parts of the body. I shrieked in pain as the water burned my mouth. Oh my god, I was tearing up. It wasn't burning like that feeling when you take the first sip of hot chocolate you just bought, but more like I wasn't expecting it to be that hot when I sipped it into my mouth.

 

“What happened?” Hanbin looked at me with a puzzled expression.

 

I just laughed awkwardly. “Hahaha, nothing! The water was just a little warmer than I thought it would be.” I'm such a dork, I hate me. He tilted his head, giving me a strange look. I just turned my head back slowly, as my forced laughter slowly faded into an awkward silence.

 

I turned the water back on, a little less warmer now… and decided to just wash out my mouth. I stuck out my tongue and slowly placed my head underneath the faucet, letting the lukewarm water run off my tongue. Keep in mind that the nurse's office uses a huge sink so it's not like I'm bending my neck like it's about to break. I took my fingers and tried to scrub my tongue. More like scratch out the nasty germs. Yes, this felt nice. It was very refreshing, I finally felt clean again. I turned my head over to see Hanbin staring at me with another strange expression. It wasn't that he looked strange, it was more like he was looking at me like I was strange. , I totally forgot he was still standing there. I quickly pulled my head back up, and started to choke on the excess water that was still in my mouth.

 

“What are you doing…?” He asked questioning my actions.

 

I guess I did look kind of weird. That's kind of embarrassing. “I was scrubbing my tongue.” I said confidently like it was the most normal thing in the world. Well technically it is, but just not the way I was doing it. I kind of acknowledge that.

“For…?” he questioned me again.

“Oh… Uh…” was all I could say. How do I explain that I a guy's hand without sounding weird or like a freak. “I may or may not have... Namjoon’s hand…" I said averting my eyes from his gaze. There's honestly no way to say it without sounding weird, although it sounded way better in my head.

 

There was a small moment of silence. I think I shocked him with that statement.

 

“You---What?!” He raised his voice a little louder. Oops, maybe I shouldn't have said that. Excuse you, why are you getting riled up about this, I'm the one that suffered! It's not like I enjoyed it!

 

“When I was basically held hostage by him, I had to do it for him to let go of me.” I said casually. “I know it sounds weird but it worked. Now I'm suffering from the taste of his sweaty palm on my tongue.”

 

Without saying a word back, he started to dig through the cabinets near the sink looking for something. Soon enough, I guess he found what he was looking for. He grabbed something from inside. It was wrapped in plastic.

 

“Here.” he handed it over to me. I grabbed it despite not knowing what it was. I took a good look at it. Is this a toothbrush?! I didn't even know the nurse had these. I ripped off the plastic to find it was indeed a toothbrush.

 

“Thanks!” I said happily to him. It was exactly what I needed!!! Ugh but there's no toothpaste, what's the point of this.

 

“It’s pre-pasted.” he said pointing to the toothbrush in my hand.

 

“Really? Whoa…I never knew something like that existed…” I wasn’t lying. I really didn’t know something like this existed. Pre-pasted toothbrushes… wow. This generation really is something isn’t it? I proceeded to wet the toothbrush and scrubbed out my tongue. Much better… I just wish Hanbin would like…I don’t know… not stand there while I brush my mouth?! It’s not a pretty sight to see my mouth foam up like I have rabies and it feels weird to have someone watch me…

 

The sound of the door swung open suddenly. I glanced over my shoulder to see Nara walking in.

 

“Heyyyyyyyy. Am I interrupting anything?” She asked in an enlightened tone.

I spit out the foam in my mouth and rinsed it out with some water.

 

“Why are you brushing your teeth….” she asked giving me a strange look. Guys come on, is it really that strange to watch someone clean their tongue?

 

“You don't wanna know.” Hanbin replied for me. Good call Hanbin, I didn't feel like saying it again either. I'm guessing he doesn't want to hear me say it either. Bobby and Jinhwan walked into the room soon after.

 

“Jin!!! Are you okay?!” Jinhwan ran up to me checking my body for any bruises.

 

“I'm fine, thanks. Just a little scrape that's all.” I assured him pointing to my knee.

 

He sighed in relief. “That's good then.” He gave me a cute smile show his happiness. Oh how I just wanna pinch his little cheeks.

 

“So, what happened after we left?” I went to sit down on the patient bed again. Nara came to sit beside me.

 

“Well…”

 

“You didn't kill her right. Please tell me you didn't kill her.”

 

“Stop, I know better than that.” Nara argued. “If I kill her, she won't be able to suffer so obviously I'm not gonna kill her. I want that to suffer!!!”

 

I put my hand in my forehead putting my head down. Of course Nara. Of course…

 

“Well anyway, after you left, I kicked her again a few times. She was starting to cry so I picked her up and smacked her to tell her to shut up.” she explained casually. She was talking with a smile on her face.

 

“Nara you sound like a satanist right now.” I interrupted her. Bobby chuckled beside her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter