► The Truth that Slipped Out

Oh My Delinquent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Eleven: 

The Truth that Slipped Out

 

We all found ourselves sitting comfortably around the fire once again. I was already exhausted and ready to die in my tent. The gentle crackling of the fire soothed my ears nicely. Fortunately, there weren’t that many mosquitos since it was cold out. That didn’t stop the bugs crawling around on the ground though. Another moment of sitting in silence had bestowed upon us. It was almost relaxing. It gave me the chance to really think about my life and how much I hate it. This was very good mental healing. Yes, I could feel myself dreading life even more than I did before.

 

“I have an idea!” Nara announced suddenly. Our gazes turned to her as she sat up straight ready to pitch her idea. “Let's take this time to get to know a little bit more about each other. The way we all met was a little... unexpected… but in the end, we're all here together getting along! We should all know a little more about each other.” She explained with a bright smile.

 

Nara, that's a horrible idea. You know I hate these kinds of things. I sighed in despair.

 

“I'll go first.” she started off. “So as you all know, my name is Nara. I'm a very friendly and outgoing person.”

 

“Very friendly.” I interjected with a chuckle. She rolled her eyes and continued.

 

“Uhh, my favorite color is pastel green. My favorite food is fried chicken. I live with my parents. I'm an only child.” she paused looking up into the air. “Hmmm, what else…”

 

“Oh! My ideal type of person is someone who’s strong, and tall with striking features. Someone who will protect me and care for me as if their life depended on it.” She sighed clasping her hands and fluttering her eyelids.

 

“You? Need someone to protect you?” Bobby asked sarcastically, chuckling under his breath next to her.

 

“Yah! What's so funny?!” she snapped at him, pushing his arm in his seat. “I am dainty and vulnerable, I need a hot strong man to be there for me!”

 

“Dainty and vulnerable she says…” I glared at her.

 

“Also, Jin and I are BFFLWLTWKDTs!! We've known each other since we were in diapers.” she said hooking her arm into mine.

 

“You guys are what?!” Jinhwan asked with a lost expression.

 

“Best Friends For Life Who Love To Watch Korean Dramas Together?” she replied sassily.

 

Oh my god... I can't believe she actually just said that. I buried my head into my hands in second hand embarrassment.

 

“Okay, next!” Nara said nudging Bobby with her free arm.

 

“Me?” He pointed to himself in confusion. “Well... there's not much to say about me.”

 

“My names Bobby… I consider myself as a smooth, good looking kind of guy.” he said with a serious tone.

 

Jinhwan and Nara snickered. “You?” They .

 

“Yo, whatever! Y’all are just hating! Look at my killer jawline, the ladies fall for it everytime.” he laughed, giving off his signature cheesy eye smile. Nara and I rolled our eyes. Oh god...

 

“Uh… I like pretty much everything when it comes to food. My favorite color is-- black? ” he scratched his head lightly. “Me and Hanbin have been best buds since middle school. This kid is my ride or die. I'd do anything for him!” Bobby said happily while wrapping his arm around Hanbin’s shoulder.

 

“Eyy, stop being so cringe. My fingers are curling up.” Hanbin said laughing at his friend.

 

“And Jinhwan-hyung. He's like an older brother to me, I would do anything for him too.” Bobby added pointing to Jinhwan with a mischievous smile.

 

“Aish…” the older boy replied back, chuckling lightly.

 

“What about your ideal type? What is your dream girl?” Nara asked curiously.

 

“Hmm…” He paused momentarily to think. “I want a girl who is cute. But a girl who can also fend for herself when she needs to. Someone who will cook me some bomb food every morning before I go to work.” He nodded his head, confident in his answer.

 

“Huh, interesting…” Nara replied dully. “NEXT!” she shouted out immediately. “HANBIN!”

 

“Pass.” he quickly shot her down.

 

“JINHWAN!” she skipped over him immediately. “We're coming back to you after. ” she pointed and glared at Hanbin.

 

“Alright. My name is Jinhwan and i’m Hanbin’s older cousin. I try my best to be open minded with people and always look for the best in others.”

 

“Wow, you sound so cool right now.” I said giving him a thumbs up. I'm like the complete opposite from him unfortunately. He chuckled lightly and continued.

 

“Uhh, I love animals. My favorite food is ddeokbokki. I like the color red...” he paused for a moment. “Hanbin and I actually live alone together.” he added suddenly.

 

“What? You guys live alone? Just the two of you?” I blurted out unexpectedly. Oops.. I'm being too nosey right now. I put my hands over my mouth immediately. But it was an odd statement that he just put out there in the open. How can two teenagers possibly live together alone without another authority figure?

 

“How do you manage to live alone? What about your parents or relatives?” Nara asked starting to become concerned. Bobby sat there in silence. I imagine he already knows the whole story behind it.

 

“Well… I won't get too deep into it but, both of our parents passed away while they were on vacation together. There was an unexpected incident---” he suddenly choked up.

 

“Ahh, you don't have to talk about it if you don't want to.” I said waving my hands. It must be too painful to talk about. I'm surprised he's even bringing something that deep up.

 

“Ah, no. It's okay, right Hanbin?” he replied looking over at his cousin who was sitting in silence, staring deep into the campfire.

 

“Anyway, his grandparents who live in the states agreed to let Hanbin stay here with me. They send us money every month for daily living expenses and things like that. It's been like that for about 2 years now.” he finished up.

 

“Wow… I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how hard it was for you guys.” Nara said gently. “But still, that's so crazy how you guys managed to live on your own for 2 years!”

 

“It's not as bad as you think.” He just smiled lightly with that cute boyish smile of his and slightly dropped his head looking down.

 

I was starting to feel depressed at this point. All this heart to heart talk was starting to make my heart hurt.

 

“What about your ideal type?” Nara just couldn't let that go... she is way too nosey.

 

“Ideal type…? Hmm… I don't really have one, to be honest. I just believe that when the time comes, I'll find the right person for myself regardless of how they are or what they look like.” he replied coolly.

 

“Wow, so humble. I love it.” Nara smiled. Her face went from a smile to glare in under a second. “HANBIN! You're not escaping from this.”

 

“Hyung just told you everything. I have nothing else to say.” he tried to avoid the question.

 

“Just tell us your interests and whatnot.” she replied casually resting her chin on her hand.

“And your fears!” I added jokingly, quickly covering my mouth with my hands again. He glanced over at me giving me a ‘look.’ A ‘stfu or you're gonna get it’ kind of look. I laughed to myself.

 

“uh…” he started out awkwardly. “I like bbq meat.” he paused momentarily to think. “Anything blue.”

..

..

..

..

“And that’s it.”

 

“Are you serious…” Nara complained still unsatisfied.

 

“Wait, I have a question.” I decided to announce. A question that many of us are probably dying to know the answer to.

 

“So… Why do you always like getting into trouble?” I arched my eyebrows, waiting for an answer. It’s a question that I’ve been dying to ask. He’s literally a trouble-maker and all it does is bring problems after problems into my life.

 

“Huh. You act like I do it on purpose.” he replied back with a slight attitude. Whoa, someone is getting a little salty.

 

“It's because of his hot temper.” Jinhwan answered for him. “He has no self control once he's been ticked off.”

 

“So basically, you’re an easily enraged, delinquent maniac who can’t control himself therefore reverts to punching and swearing. Nice.” I summed it all up.

 

“Yah!” He quickly snapped at me.

 

“Hey, I’m just stating what I’ve seen so far.” I shrugged. And what I’ve seen so far is basically what I just said. Maybe a little exaggerated but… yeah.

 

“Whatever.” He rolled his eyes, laying back and crossing his arms in his seat.  

 

“Interesting…” Nara nodded lightly. “NEXT! JIN!” she turned her gaze towards me.

 

Ugh. I prayed this moment would never come. Let’s just get it over with or else Nara will bug the out of me for it later. I sat up straight, clearing my throat, preparing for the embarrassment to be bestowed upon me.

 

“Uh, I’m Jin. I’m not much of a social person as you can probably tell.”

 

“What?!” Bobby screeched in disbelief. “Yes you are Prez! Hell, you’re the class president. You talk to people all the time.”

 

“That statement is false.” I interjected. “I’m only class president because I was picked against my own will. Who the hell wants to be class president? I’m only forced to talk to other people and take part in activities and events because of the teachers.” I explained. “In reality, I hate almost everybody in our school.”

 

“Ouch.” Bobby squinted his eyes.

 

“Anyway… I like sweet things. Especially chococones, they’re my favorite snack.”

 

“We know. You cried over them earlier.” Hanbin teased me, trying to get back at me for making fun of him earlier.

 

“Stop. I was weak and tired and vulnerable running on no sleep at the time. That is the only reason why I acted that way.” I defended myself. I wasn’t exactly telling the truth, but I didn’t want to look like an idiot who cries over a chocolate snack in front of everybody. Everybody laughed at me.

 

“Uh, people annoy me the most.” I continued brushing it off. Jinhwan chucked lightly.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Like, I tend to find the worst in people unlike you who finds the best in people, therefore I always have a bad impression.” Without letting anybody comment, I continued on trying to get this over with.

 

“My ideal type… is someone who is… not annoying?” I tilted my head, trying to be confident in my half- answer.

 

“Wow Prez, that’s deep.” Bobby commented sarcastically.

 

“Very.” Nara added unneedingly. “But okay then! Atleast we all got to know a little bit more about each other. Don’t you guys feel a lot more closer?” She asked clenching her fist in the air.

 

While in the midst of our heart to heart conversations, we were unexpectedly approached by an unknown person.

 

Wait a minute… Isn’t that---

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter