Eight

A Life With Park Chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After all that happened. After all those hurtful words he said to Yeonhee, Baekhyun swallowed his anger and requested his father to book him a flight to America, as a little compensation on what he did to his life.

Thankfully for Baekhyun, his father agreed and the day after, he went to America. He had no problem in finding a house there for his father owned a house there.

 

During his stay in America, Baekhyun had found a place where he could feel comfortable. He was the kind of person who does not like to stay locked at home.

The place where he frequently visits is a coffee shop near his home. He liked the place that he even made it a point to go there every day. It felt like he spends more of his time at that cafe compared to his house.

One day while Baekhyun was sitting and drinking a cup of macchiato, a waitress, who was always the one who was serving him his coffee, came.

"Excuse me sir, but can I ask why you are here every day?" It was just a friendly question yet Baekhyun's bad attitude took place and snapped at the girl.

"Why, am I not allowed to be a regular customer here? You should be thankful that I am contributing to your wage." He said. Not minding about how the others stared at the girl when he had just humiliated her in front of them.

"Oh. Well then. Thank you sir for contributing to my wage." She said and smiled. For the first time in his life, he had met a girl who would just smile instead of getting angry even though he had just humiliated her in front of everyone.

When the waitress was about to leave after placing all of his order on the table in front of him, he called her.

"Wait! You aren't mad at me?" He asked.

"Why would I be mad, sir, if you were just stating a fact?" She replied. Still, with a genuine smile on her face. "And it was my fault for asking such questions." She added.

"Well I guess so."

"If you won't be needing anything else, I'll be going then, sir. Thank you for answering my question." She said.

"I'm sorry." He said. She smiled at him and left. There was something about her smile that makes Baekhyun want to smile, she was like a contagious happy virus. He thought she looked somehow familiar.

"Did I met her somewhere before?" He asked himself.

 

It's been months since Baekhyun had been going in that cafe, at the same time, he's becoming closer to that waitress who's name was, Kristine.

They've become friends after what happened inside the cafe. Baekhyun found out that she was a Chinese-Canadian and was half the owner of the cafe. His brother, Kris, was the other owner.

"Why didn't you tell me you were the owner when I insulted you?" Baekhyun asked in shock. "I'm really sorry, Kristine."

"Well, if I told you so then you would feel humiliated and wouldn't want to come back here." She said like she did not care about what happened. "And we wouldn't be friends if I did that." She said and Baekhyun just rolled his eyes.

"Why were you a waitress anyway?"

"Because I don't like paperworks." She shrugged."Other questions in min,d Baekkie?"

"Yah. Don't call me that. It sounds like a girl's name." Baekhyun whined.

"Oh? You're not a girl? I thought." She looked at Baekhyun like she was shocked.

"YAH! I told you I'm not gay."

"Who said you're gay? You're being defensive, Baek. You're hiding something from me aren't you?" She teased.

"Whatever. Say what you want to say." Baekhyun said and continued drinking his iced cappuccino.

 

"Hey Baek, do you wanna come with me tonight? Kris is having a celebration for his birthday." Kristine asked as both of them were drinking a cup of cappucino.

"Why aren't you in a waitress uniform today? And of course I'd love to join you if Kris wouldn't mind." Baekhyun said as he took another sip from his cup.

"Duh Baekhyun, I'm a part owner, I can do whatever I want whenever I want." She said.

"Tch. Taking advantage, aren't we princess?" He asked in a playful manner.

Kristine suddenly became silent. Her cheeks were now a shade of red.

"Are you okay? Did I say something wrong?" Baekhyun asked.

"Ah nothing. I just remembered, I need to buy a present for my brother. See you tonight, Baek." She said as she ran off.

 

Baekhyun and Kristine went together at Kris' birthday party around 9pm held in a club near their neighborhood.

"You go clubbing?" Baekhyun asked.

"No. Just Kris and his friends."

"Oh."

Inside the club, they saw group of six guys, who were already drunk, on a table around the corner of the club, near the dance floor. Girls were surrounding them and Kristine recognized his brother as the one who was making out with a girl sitting on his lap. She cringed. That's why she didn't like going to clubs but decided to go since she remembered Baekhyun telling her one time that he would like to experience going to a night club in L.A.

Baekhyun took notice of her reaction and followed her gaze. There he saw a man making out with a woman. Looking back at Kristine, he thought if the guy was her boyfriend for her to react like that making him feel jealous.

"Hey. You're boyfriend is cheating on you. Aren't you going to stop him?" Baekhyun asked. Kristine looked at him confused.

"What?" She asked.

"I said, your boyfriend is kissing another woman. Aren't you going to stop him?" Kristine stared at him before erupting in a fit of laughter.

"Where did you get that idea Baek?" She asked.

"Well you were staring at them." He shrugged.

"That's my brother, pabo!" She chuckled and Baekhyun's eyes widened.

"Ah sorry?" He said, more like asked.

"Silly kid. Let's just leave. I don't want to be around drunk guys anyways." She said.

"Then why did you decided to go here and bring me with you if you don't like being around drunk people?" He asked.

"Because I remembered you wanted to experience the night life here. So I decided it was worth a shot for my friend." She said and smiled. Baekhyun felt like he was stabbed in the heart when she said friend. He didn't know why he felt like that.

"So where would you like to go now?" He asked.

"I don't know? You decide. I suggest you bring me where there is something to eat cause I'm starving." She said.

"Are you suggesting that we go to a restaurant?" He asked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter