Looking In His Eyes

Cinderella No More

It is summer once again.Finally another semester and yes finally another year over,as Hebe smiled and thought of it.Time really flies away.Another year and she will be graduating soon.And then all of this schooling is over.She took a deep sighed as she picked out the dress that she going to use for the outing today.

Arron will be picking her up soon and Arron hated it if he will be kept waiting.He wants her to be ready on time.Unlike Jiro when she can take all the sweet time in the  world and he will be still  smiling once she step out to meet him.Suddenly the memories of Jiro came to her.Not that she neverr thought of him most of the time.But somehow to compare him with Arron is something else.Suddenly she felt guilty doing that,since Arron is her boyfriend now.

She got this beautiful sundress with spaghetti strap and she matched this with a strappy sandals.She put on a light make up and a dash of lipgloss and then brushed her hair till it shines.And soon enough,Arron was on their doorstep,waitng for her.As she hurried downstairs to meet him.

The celebration she never really knew whar was it all about.Arron picked her up from their house for a get together with friends...The sun was scorching hot.This is the first days of summer,the schools are forgotten for now...She can see Arron laughing with his friends with a beer in his hand,and he can hear his famous hiccup laugh.She smiled at the sound,she love hearing those weird sounds from him,and yes it makes her love him more....when he laughed without cares in the world.

Then suddenly a guy walked in, a tall guy that the built was so familiar and the face so familiar.She has known that face and built like a back of her hand from the past.She felt her hand getting cold and her heart racing.And wondered what is he doing here???He is part of her past and not the present...Arron is her present and her future....so that's what she thought....so why is he here????

And suddenly Rainie rushed to his side as,she greeted him with a kiss on the cheeks.He put his hand on her shoulder,claiming possesion over her.He was wearing a pair of  jeans and a tee shirt and yes he still stood talll and so handsome as ever .He has a different haircut now,much shorter and more tamer than the one he had before.Hebe found herself staring at him as if she was mesmerized by his mere presence.And Rainie standing close to him,somehow her heart is saying something else,as she felt the pain....

And than she felt Arron hands on her shoulder as she turned and looked at him.He looked at her and then looked at Jiro.There was no smile on his face.Hebe wondered if he noticed her reactions to Jiro's presence just now.And if he is upset with her.

And then Rainie took Jiro's hand as she lead him to them.

"Jiro,I want you to meet my friends,Hebe and Arron." Rainie said with a smile."This is Jiro" as she got  this big smile in her face,totally unaware that they kew each other already.

"Ahh yeah Jiro.How are you?" Arron said."I didn't know you were back from China is it?" Arron said as he took  Jiro's hand.

"So you knew each other then?" Rainie asked."That is good."

"Yes, don't we know Jiro,right Hebe?" Arron said with a forced smile in his face.

Hebe just looked at him unable to say anything.She just kept on looking at him as his eyes went to her,and she felt that her whole world stood still for a few seconds.And then she felt Arron's hand on her shooulder once again ,as he claimed possesion of her.

"Yes,China,so how are you guys? I didn't know you were friends with Rainie too." he said as he looked back at Rainie and smiled at her.

"Yes,we are friends and quite very close." Arron said."So we will be bumping into each other I supposed."

Somehow,Hebe was unable to say anything...she felt her heart pounding...she never expected seeing him once again,and never thought that he has been going out with her friend...and has totally forgotten her....as she bit her lips...and it does hurt. more ...than she thought ,it will  hurt her...And yes she is not his Princess anymore but Rainie...And she is not his Princess Cinderella anymore....but how come he is still her Prince Charming????He will always be his Prince Charming....and that is too hard to accept.