Jiro's Thought

Cinderella No More

Why does one has to remember yesterday? Sometimes it is better forgotten especially if it hurts you a lot and needed to move on.But I guess growing up pains can't be avoided.I wonder if everybody has to go through the hurt process in order to grow up.It has been very painful for me letting Hebe go.I am not ready to let her out of my life.If there is one thing that I want to keep with me forever and that will be Hebe.

Hi,I am Jiro.I have some dramatic entrance here.Well some things can't be avoided ,I guess.Here I am on my sophomore college,and I was so in love with Hebe.The problem is,that she is still very young.She is still in high school and she got a lot of growing up to do before I can claim My Princess.I am ready to wait for her while getting ready for our future.And yes we have a long road ahead of us.But I will be here just by her side taking care of her until she is ready to be My Princess and My Queen forever...

I was not born out of silver nor golden spoon like Hebe.My family is in the middle lower bracket of the society.My parents have to work hard to put food on the table and roof in our head,and yes worked doubly hard to give the best for their only son,and that is me.They say that I have a big future ahead of me.And them as a parent ,they just want me to succeed and be the best .

Well not for being conceited ,I am quite blessed with talents,looks and lots of luck.I am smart enough to earn scholarship,lucky enough to be chosen among the thousands among them.They say I usually stands out among the crowd.If you have to look in the room full of people, you will see me standing by myself and in the middle ,not because I am tall but because they say I am quite unforgettable and quite impressionable.Needless to say,people likes me...and yes they like me a lot,for I am good looking,smart, funny and really very nice to everybody.

My problem now,is I was chosen to go to China for a certain exchange program in our school.I will be staying there for sometime and just come back to finish some credits to graduate.You see I took this certain course that is supposed to be something new and somethin different,so I will be marketable when I graduate.With the economy down at present,it will be hard for a college graduate nowadays to find jobs,if you are just one of them.

Alright back to my problem,yes and that is Hebe.Yes I love her a lot and treated her like a special crystal.I don't even know when did I ever started loving her????We moved in the same crowd,eventhough our social status is different,although we have different beginnings.And I saw this little girl back then ,who is full of life and who look at the world differently.She have no bitterness and no hang ups.She thinks that the world is color pink and red and full of colors but there is no gray and black.She is a believer in everything good.And I guess that is why I love her,she believes in the goodness of every one....

Genie ,my childhood friend and neighbor,thought that she is too shallow for me and doesn't have enough character to match me.But then Genie has this little crush on me,since we were young,and I guess,she is a bit jealous of her.My parents love her,and thought that she brings out the best in me.And they always say that they will love whoever I will love.It will be easy to fall for Genie,for we have alot in common,but I really don't know why my heart picked Hebe of all the girls out there.I guess we have no choice,once our heart choose for us.

Hebe is very popular.A lot of guys have a crush and even halfway in love with her.I have to keep an eye on her all the time,to make sure that she doesn't fall for all those guys,and have to make sure that I stand out from everybody.So I have to make her laugh all the time,and be the best in whatever I do.I really do love My Princess Cinderella......ha..ha..ha

And then on their senior year,just when I thought that we are gonna be closer,and be together,I just heard that I was chosen to go to China and my pareants are so happy and proud.They say that this is a rare opportunity and that I shoud grab it.I was hesitant because I will be leaving Hebe behind,and then I will be far away for unspecified period of time.Is it fair for her,to be put on hold while I was away????I knew I will be asking too much but I can't back out now.

And on their Senior Prom night ,I told her that I was leaving.She said she loves me but she cannot promise anything.She doesn't want to commit in any kind of relationship when she is unsure.I guess she is just being honest about her feelings.And what do I expect from her???I was hurt and crushed and what hurt me more,is that I hurt her for she cried that night.Hebe never cried,and I was the cause of her tears that night. I cried and she cried and yes both of us cried together,as we hugged together for the last time....I will never forget that night.

It was hard for me after that night.I never knew that it will hurt that much.I am not ready for the pain.I should be enjoying life for I am young.and free and the whole is in front of me,and yet the pain is crippling me,and I can't see anything but the pain.I love Hebe so much and she is my whole world and it took me a while to find another world,a world without Hebe on it.But somehow ,my heart keep on longing for my Old World....my heart keep on yearning for Hebe...until I met Rainie....but it doesn't mean that I have totally forgotten her.Somehow at night,her memories ,her face and images  still comes to haunt me.....Hebe is my first love,and they say first love never ever dies...I guess it is very true...forever Hebe will be in my heart...