The Truth Will Set You Free

Cinderella No More

Hebe looked at the people that has been coming and going in the park.It is early summer the weather has started to warm up,as Hebe felt the heat ,and took off the cardigan that she put at the top of her sundress.She has been waiting for Arron.She called him up last night and told him to meet him up here in the park across their old school.

There are lots families,trying to enjoy the weather.Children and also joggers,running around in circles.Hebe stared at the pond in front of her.The ducks went in with the whole flocks as they frolicked in the water.There were also water lilies floating by.Bees buzzed by around the flowers.,and yet the apprehension in her heart remains.Today is the day...and it is not gonna be easy.

Arron arrived as he has that smile that only belonged to him.His eyes staring down at her as she can feel it beating faster and as she became nervous,the more he got closer.Somehow the corage that she had earlier seems to be dwindling down.She will be hurting this guy who has been a very important person in her life before.She felt so bad doing this to him,asking him for her freedom.

Is there any other way to do this, the easier way and the less painful way ,she asked herself a hundred of times last night.But the answer remains the same.She has to tell Arron the truth,And telling him  the truth will set her free,and yes set Arron free.She at least owed him that.he has been so good to her,and to break his heart after,won't be fair.But what is fair in the name of love???Nothing is fair.it won't be fair for all of them ,if they continue this charade...any loger.The earlier the better for all of them....

"Hebe...have you been waiting long?' he asked as he gave her a peck on the cheeks and sat down beside her in the bench."Nice weather to be out."

Hebe smiled at him."Not really.I have been enjoying  the warmth of the sun and the view." she said.

"Sorry I have been busy with the summer program.There is so much things to do,but the kids are great ." he said.Arron is one of the organizer of a summer program for the under privelegedd  kids and he has been having a good time with them."You should stop by sometime."

"Yeah, maybe one of these days." she said.

"So what have you been doing lately,while I am busy?" he asked,as he looked at her.He can feel that she is trying to say something to him.He can see her fingers clasp and unclasped before her,as she looked at him.

"Nothing much,chilling in the house.......Arron I have to tell you something." Hebe said,as she pull her eyes away from him and looked at the ponds and the ducks...She doesn't know what to say after that...what do you tell to a guy,and how do yoy break up with a guy.She doesn't know,after all Arron was her first boyfriend.Jiro can be her first love but Arron was her first boyfriend and she is going to break his heart...

She took a deep breath and let out all the air that she took in."Arron,I need to tell you something....I...I..don't know how to say it...I don't want to hurt you or something,but I...I have to be honest with you.."This is getting harder every minute,Hebe thought...

"You want your freedom,Hebe? Is that it? You want your freedom back?" he asked,as he took a deep sighed...Hebe looked at him as she teared at his words.

"Arron I am so soryy.It would not be fair for you and for all of us." she said,as she let the tears fall...

This time ,it is Arron who looked out,"I knew it ,back then,on that Ferris Wheel ride that you still love him,that it will always be him,no matter what.You love Jiro and that is all to it.It seems I only borrowed some time with you while he was gone." he said.

"And now that he is back,he wants you back ,and you want to go back to him. It will always be him,no matter how long will it take...You have always belong to him and not me.I knew it then  and I knew it now." Arron said."I know that this is coming..."

"I am so sorry...I don't want to hurt you or Rainie...but I do love him.And there is nothing that I can do." she said.

Arron forced a smile though his own eyes was teary."I'll be alright.I'll move on.I will find my own Cinderella and this time,I won't borrow somebody else.I will find my own Princess and Jiro can't take her away from me anymore,cause this one will be just mine." as he looked at her.

Hebe smiled at him...as she hugged him tight."Arron,Thank you.Thanks a lot...I am sure you will find your own Princess.your own Cinderella,and she is not a borrowed one this time." Jiro saw them together as he walked towards them.

Arron looked at Jiro."You have to take care of her,and not let her get lost again,for somebody might take over your place again." as he stood up ."I have to go,the kids will be waiting for me." as he left the two of them.

Jiro sat with Hebe in the bench as he took her hand and put her arms around her shoulder..And finally ....Cinderella is with her Prince Charming once again and this time it will be for keeps ...They will be living happily ever after just like in the book....as Jiro kissed Hebe ....And yes fairy tales do come true...