Past and Present Collides Jiro}

Cinderella No More

It has been a while since I came back home from China.I was back home last February and never contacted Hebe eversince I returned.The temptations  to see her again was so strong.And yes in as much as I don't really want to see her again.I came to see her.I can't help myself as my heart is dictating me and my mind is curious as to how she looked today after all these time.

Unknown to her,I went to the school and saw her as she walked out of her classroom.I was still undecided whether to approach her or not,when Arron came out from somewhere and put his arms around Hebe.Needless to say that my heart was crushed at what I saw. It is not only  Arron,putting his arms around her,but also I saw the happiness in Hebe's eyes as she stared ar Arron and the smile in her face.There was love there and I don't think I have any chance at all with her.You don't want to get dumped twice by the same girl,do you? Then neither do I.I don't want to look pathetic and such a loser and worst hopeless in front of her and Arron.I guess we were not meant to be together ,that's all.

That night,I cried my heart out for the last time for Hebe.I promise myself that I will never love again the same way  I loved her.Next time,I will save something for myself,so tht I won't be emptyhanded when the girl walked out on me. I have to move on and forget her as soon as possible .I have to forget my first love and leave everything behind..And the following week,I started going out again,meeting new people once again.I looked so happy at the outside but deep inside,I am still mourning for the lost of my first love.Hebe really made a mark on me.

I went out ,dated girls that looked interesting,but after the first date,I usually  lose interest.I always end up comparing all the girls to Hebe,and everybody seems to fell short,compared to her. To me Hebe is the realization of my dream,she is the embodiment of my dream girl,of the girl that I am going to take to the altar.The woman that I love very much,and will be willing to give up everything in order to have her.Thinking of it now...somehow i realized that I am not really over her.Maybe I will never get over her.

Rainie is something different .She was the first one that made me smile and made me laugh ,really laughed without being in pain.And somehow,I really do enjoy her company.We have so many things in common and whatever difference we had,we were able to laugh at it. and we were able to bring to a compromise.While me and Hebe,I was always willing to bow down to her wishes.Whatever will make her happy is alright with me,it will also make me happy.

It was after our fifth date when I realized that she could be the it.As I stared at her,beautiful face and with that beautiful eyes and inviting lips,I knew that I have to make some sort of commitment somewhere,as I tasted her sweet lips for the first time.She is quite intoxicating.Her kiss drowned my sorrows away.Rainie made me forget Hebe,in some way and more...

And now seeing Hebe face to face in close proximity,he was quite lost for a few seconds.And seeing her with Arron made it worst.he was waiting for her to say something,but she didn't say anything.Is she happy to see him once again? Or it did not matter to her at all?I want to hear her voice once again and see my image in her eyes once again.Why am I feeling like this once again.? Rainie is with me now and Hebe got Arron now.Maybe it is better to leave it that way for now.

Arron took Hebe away from Rainie and Jiro as they joined the guys in their little game of poker.And as the game progresses.,Hebe got out of the game and Arron was left with the others.Hebe stood up as she went to get a drink for herself and Arron. It is hot,and she feels parched and thirsty.

As she was going inside to get a drink,she found Jiro at the entrance all by himself ,without Rainie.She wants to avoid him,but it is too late as their eyes met.He stared at her as she stared back at him.Suddenly it is just the two of them.

Hebe swalowed hard as she can feel her heart beating faster and faster and she can feel like running out of air.There is no more way out but to talk to him.

"Hello,Jiro,I didn't know,you came back already" she said ,as she tried to look proud and unaffected by him,just like him,unaffected by her.

"Hebe,yes,I have been back for quite sometime now.A few more units and I should be graduating soon." he said as he smiled at her."And you next year? What is your major?"

"Yes,one more year,I am Psychology major." she said."How is China?"

Jiro nodded his head as if in agreement."It is good.I have learned a lot ,staying there.But I missed home though.I missed home a lot." he said with a wishful note in his voice. "So,it is you and Arron.That is good.He seems to be nice and a lot friendlier now..And he has been loving you since you were in high school.You look good together."

Somehow,Jiro did not realized that he has been the one talking the most.As if he is trying to convince himself about Hebe and Arron.He stopped and then he smiled at her.Hebe looked at him and as they stared at each other.How come she can still feel the love that he has for her way back when he looked at her.And she wondered whether he can feel the love that she has for him way back then,like the way she is feeling now.She can feel her eyes tearing at the emotions that she is feeling.Did she also see the pain in his eyes when she looked at him?....

"Hebe,there you are.I was wondering where you went." Arron said.as he walked to join them,and stood near Hebe.

"I was just going inside to get a drink for us." Hebe said."And Jiro was just telling me about China.it is quite interesting though." And then Rainie came  from inside as she took Jiro's hand,and then looked at them.

"Come on ,we have to go.We don't wanna be late for the show." Rainie said."If you excused us,we have a show to catch."

"I guess,we have to go ahead of you.It is nice seeing you again Hebe,Arron." Jiro said.And as he glanced once more to Hebe and then Arron ,and then they left. Hebe can only look at their back,as Arron looked at her.Somehow,there is a fear in his heart ,that he could not understand.....