9.

Will You Marry Me?

 

SeoYoon's Pov

My head was a complet mess after leaving. Yunho's words couldn't stay out of my head, I kept recalling it over and over again.

I barely could look at Eun Sun when I was taking her home, she would only make me remember her appa's words again.

I walked in the house and went to her room. I took her clothes off and dressed her the pinky pijamas, before putting her on the bed. 

"Unnie?" I heard a soft voice calling me from behind.

"What, sweety?" I approached her.

She looked at me with her big eyes and pouted, "You won't leave me, right?"

"Why are you saying it, Eun Sun ah?"

"Because.... Because I had a bad dream today. You and appa were leaving me and going to different ways. Please, unnie, don't! If you need to go, take me with you!

"Eun Sun! You need to stay by your dad's side. He's your father!"

She pouted. "But he doesn't love me, I'm just a burden to him. I want to stay with you, unnie. Can't I?"

I smiled, caressing her hair. "I'll always visit you, Eun Sun ah. And you know my cellphone number, right? You can call me whenever you want."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Hmmm... You can leave now, then. I'll rest, but I'll call you tomorrow. Okay, unnie?"

"I'd be glad if you did." I said, kissing her on the cheek. "Sleep now."

"Yes.... Unnie? I love you."

"I love you too, dear."

After a while she overslept, and I was able to leave quietly.

I left the keys inside the house with a note, telling Yunho that I wouldn't come there anymore and to take good care of Eun Sun.

 

No One's Pov

"Yunho, you're really okay with it?" Seungri asked him, surprised.

"Of course I am. Why wouldn't I? I have the house to myself, don't go to school and have enough money to two of us. Isn't it great?"

"So you're saying you can take care of the kid by yourself?"

Yunho frowned, and drank a bit of his coffee. "The kid? I'll take her to an orphanage soon."

"Yunho!!"

"Ah you're so troublesome, Seungri ah. She's not the first kid to be abandoned, and I'm sure her mom will find her."

Suddenly the table trumbled, and Yunho looked up to see Seungri on his feet, giving him an angry glare.

"How can you be so selfish, Yunho", he said, "to the point of not caring about a child? She suffered way more than you are suffering now, but why do you think only in yourself?"

"I don't think about myself, but my family. I don't want to keep being the bad boy. I don't want to make my sister cry. Why is this happening to me? Even if I keep the child who's going to help me?"

"That's still selfishness."

"I was never good with children, Seungri. Even when I was a child I'd only play with older guys. When my sister was born I didn't even approach her. Why do I need to care for a girl who I'm pretty sure it isn't even mine?"

"It is yours! The letter wasn't especific?"

"It is not!" Yunho argued back. "Maybe I'll have to do a DNA test."

"That's insultive. Poor kid. Yunho, don't do it. She's your face, everybody knows it. Don't doubt the little child. Didn't she say you were her papa?"

Yunho sighed. "I can't keep being like this." 

Seungri shook his head. "Why did you break up with Seoyoon sshi?"

"I didn't break up. We didn't even have a relationship."

"But you seem to miss her."

"Are you nuts? Not at all. Everything is so peaceful without her. I admit that I was a bit of a jerk, but her actions weren't that good either."

Seungri paid the bill, and told Yunho to leave. "Let's go."

"To where?"

"To a place where you can apologize."

 

"Hello, little girl." An old lady smiled at her. "Where do you want to go?"

"To Busan, please." She handed the money.

"How old are you?"

"Five years old. My mom is wanting for me", she lied. There was no way they would let her travel if she didn't, and she knew it.

"Ok, here you go".

"Thank you", she bowed and walked on the same direction of the other passengers. She approached the train she was going to get, and looked to the sky. "Daddy doesn't want me, but you're waiting for me, right, mommy?"