4.

Will You Marry Me?

Gosh, I never really updated so much! I think study encourages me, I feel like doing everything BUT studying so I write. But for now, this is enough. I have other fanfics to finish too (>.<).

Wait just a few more days and have fun ok? ;)

 


 

SeoYoon’s Pov

 

Ok, that guy deserved a punch right now. Randomly telling a kid I was her new mom and we were going to marry… That guy was really provoking me.

"Yah!" I looked at him and turned to the kid. "No sweety, your appa is tired, he doesn’t know what he says so don’t listen to him."

The kid pouted and Yunho immediately left the room, running. I approached her and sat on the bed, looking at her.

"What’s your name?"

"Jung Eun Sun. And yours?"

"I’m Lee Seo Yoon but you can call me unnie."

"Unnie?" Her eyes were bothering me. Everything about her was cute, the little mouth, the black short hair and those sparkling eyes… I wanted to kidnap her and have her for myself forever.

"Yes, unnie!"

She smiled. "Are you my friend, unnie?"

I patted her head."Dangyonhaji." [Transl: Of course]

She looked at me, hesitating, and spoke again.

"Can I go live with you?"

Wow. Amazing. What should I say in those kinds of situations?

"You can’t, dear. You need to stay in appa’s house."

"Then, live with me. Can’t you be appa’s wife?"

"I-"

"Yeah, can’t you be my wife?" Yunho appeared. *He only appears when people don’t need him*, I thought to myself.

"No, I-"

Yunho spoke again (I was closing my fists not to punch him in front of a child). "How can you deny a child’s request?"

I stood up. "This is your problem, not mine. She’s a beautiful kid, I don’t mind to help you but I won’t marry you."

With that, I left. Such an effrontery!

 

No One’s Pov

 

"She denied my request." Yunho told Seungri in the park.

Seungri looked at Eun Sun, playing in the swings happily.

"Seungri ah, can’t you take care of her for a while?"

Seungri woke up from his thoughts. "Are you crazy?! Why do you think I… I mean, I have no time for that too. Our situation is tight too and if I bring a child home my dad will kill us both with his gun."

Yunho sighed. They were seated on a bench drinking a milkshake.

"Eun Sun sshi!" Yunho yelled. "Don’t you want your milkshake?"

"Yah, kids prefer ice-creams! And what’s with the ‘sshi’? She’s only a child."

Yunho stood up, sighing. The kids were such a source of burden! He went to buy an ice-cream.

Seungri watched how Eun Sun played and decided to play with her.

"Eun Sun ah! Want to play hide-and-seek?" She looked at him, hesitating. She shook her head.

"Then, will I be able to catch you?" Seungri pretended to be a monster and soon Eun Sun was running with him after her.

When Yunho came back, he saw Eun Sun smiling on Seungri’s lap.

"Ok, ice-cream to the young lady." He gave it to her.

She looked at the chocolate ice-cream and pouted.

"What? Is it not good?" Seungri asked her.

She shook her head and started eating. "It’s good coz it’s appa’s present!"

Yunho sighed. She wouldn’t stop with that. The last days she was always like *appa, appa* or *appa, appa* all the time. And he couldn’t study at all.

When she finished her ice-cream, Yunho told her to say goodbye. She took her ice-cream’s plastic to the dustbin and ran to Seungri, mumbling something to him. Yunho was curious.

After leaving, Yunho felt annoyed because she was running behind him all the way. Why didn’t kids have longer legs?

"Yah, quick. I need to study." He said. He looked at his watch. *It’s late, argh!*

He looked behind him again and panicked when he didn’t find her. He walked on the opposite direction to look for her and found her crying on the ground, holding her knee.

"Omo, did you fall?" He asked Eun Sun and she nodded. "How can you be like that? So irresponsible!" Yunho picked her up and took a taxi to the hospital.

 

"Done." The nurse said. "But in situations like these you don’t need to come to the hospital, you just need to have a first aid-box. Now that you know how to do it, do it yourself next time, ok?"

"Next time!?!?"

She smiled. "Kids are like that: they play, they fall… It’s not something to worry about as long as you take care of her."

Yunho smirked and winked at her. "And, can I have your phone number… just in case?"

"Are you asking me out, by chance?"

"You can say so." He smirked.

The nurse finished fix Eun Sun’s messy clothes and put her on the ground. "I’m married and I have two kids already. I don’t really need a date but thank you anyway."

"Appa, let’s go!" Eun Sun held his hand and pulled him out of the room. "You need to study!"

*Thanks for getting me out of this embarrassing situation, kid. I’ll pay you back.*

 

"Ok, kid." Yunho looked at her from the other tip of the table. "Let’s see who wins."

Eun Sun looked at the glass. "Do I really have to drink this, appa?"

"You saved me so I’m paying you a drink. Be thankful and drink it." Yunho said, he was drinking the third bottle already.

Eun Sun tasted a bit. "Blah, this is bitter, appa!"

Yunho hit his hand on the table. "Are you ing kidding me? That’s the best whisky of Korea!"

Then they heard the ring bell. "Go open it."

"What if it’s the bogeyman?" She asked.

"It’s not. Open it."

Eun Sun ran to the door and opened it.

"Unnie!" Eun Sun exclaimed and Seo Yoon hugged her.

"Where’s your appa?"

"Drinking."

Eun Sun took Seo Yoon to the kitchen and they saw Yunho, already drunk, with five bottles of whisky on the table.

"What’s with him?"

"He wanted to thank me, I don’t know why." Eun Sun smiled but then pouted. "He gave me that drink but he must be mad I didn’t like it, unnie, the drink is really awful!"

"Oh my god, he gave you whisky to drink? "Seo Yoon was shocked. She checked her glass and then kicked Yunho on the stomach, making him fall.

"Argh, you again…? Good morning, sunshine." Yunho tried to stand up.

Eun Sun tried to help him but he pushed her away. "Go away, kid. Complainer."

Eun Sun backed away, not knowing what to do. She didn’t want to cry. She wouldn’t trouble her dad any more.

Seo Yoon poked his head. "Stand up, lazy ."

"I… think I need help." Yunho said and Seo Yoon helped him, she walked him to his room.

"Here it is." Yunho said, breathing her scent. "You smell well."

"Tsk, get lost." Seo Yoon said and when she saw him asleep she left the room.

She went to the kitchen and cleaned everything. When she tried to clean Eun Sun’s glass Eun Sun asked her not to.

"Why?"

"Appa wanted me to drink so I’ll be a brave girl and do it-"

" No, you can’t do it. Sometimes the parents are really irresponsible, Yunho didn’t know what he was doing in the state of mind he was. Drinking it makes you sick, Eun Sun ah, you can’t drink it, ok? Promise me?"

"Ok."

"Good girl."

They went to her room. "Your room is so pretty, Eun Sun ah!"

"Auntie did it for me."

"It’s a princess room."

Eun Sun smiled. They sat on her bed.

"Why ‘u’ here, unnie?"

"I wanted to give your appa some notes he missed today."

"Oh, I see."

"How’s your life with appa so far?"

"Well, it’s fine. I have a lot more freedom than most of the kids of my age, unnie."

"Tell me the truth, Eun Sun."

"He… He doesn’t play with me, he is always running away when I come in. He was only nice when I got home from the hospital."

"Hospital?  Why did you go there?"

"I hurt my knee."Eun Sun showed the big bandage to her. "It hurts, it’s big. Beannie says I was a brave girl. Oh, Beannie was the nurse. She has twins of my age, she say-"

"Calm down, please. I can’t understand if you speak too quickly. Of course you’re a brave girl, and really obedient. You’re a good girl."

"Then why appa doesn’t like me?"

"He does but he just doesn’t show it."

"He does?"

"Of course. He just misses a part of his brain, that’s all."

"Is he sick?"Eun Sun asked, worried.

"No, no, he’s only a retarded guy, that’s all. But don’t worry, that’s normal, he’s not sick. Only that not everybody can be as smart as us, right?" Seo Yoon smiled.

Eun Sun laughed. "Really? Appa cares for me?"

"Of course.  If not, why would he take you to the park, to have fun, and to the hospital when you’re sick? And he even buys you yummy chocolate ice-creams!"

"I hate chocolate. I can’t eat it." Eun Sun said, looking away. "My mommy said it was not good for me, I couldn’t eat it. I like only strawberry and peach ice-creams."

"Where’s your mommy now, Eun Sun ah?" Seo Yoon asked softly. Eun Sun knew about her mom and the situation, after all, she was just quiet about that.

"I don’t want to talk more. Go." Eun Sun lay down.

"Eun Sun ah…"

"Go!!" She hid her head on her pillow and Seo Yoon covered her with blankets and left. "Wait, unnie!?"

"Hm?" She answered from the door.

"Don’t be mad. I like you, ok? Unnie?"

"Sure, I like you too, sleep well!" Seo Yoon smiled and closed the door.

*What will I do with this family?*