6.

Will You Marry Me?

SeoYoon’s POV

I became impatient while waiting for Yunho. Fifteen minutes had passed and he didn’t come, not even a girl would take so long in the bathroom.

To make things worse, my dad didn’t stop calling me to get the kid (why were all men like this? Didn’t they know how to take care of a child?) and some weird guys approached meand started to say some awkward pick-up lines like.:

“If you were a fish I’d be your fisherman”

“It must have hurt when you fell from heaven”

Aaargh. When Yunho came back he’d regret it, I swore to myself.

 

Yunho’s POV

*I made it* Yunho told himself when he was finally walking to the exit. Seo Yoon didn’t notice him because she was busy trying to make the boys go away. “Wait!” Yunho thought. *Since I don’t want her to bother me….»* Yunho opened his mobile phone and took the battery  off *…done*

Yunho went to the exit and sighed. In front of him there was the college’s garden and in front of it a highway. There were no buses! Yunho still looked back but he preferred to be run over by a car than face that monster called Seo Yoon. So he started signalling to cars to see if he could get a ride.

He did it more than twenty times but no one cared. He even sang and danced to call attention over him but no luck. Only when he was almost run over by a car he was able to get a ride. He thanked the lady, who was not only nice but also pretty - he was lucky.

In the way both didn’t say anything but Yunho was thinking about how to invite her.

“Hmm, thank you for the ride.” He said when they arrived. “Do you want to go in for a bit?” he asked, mentally praying.

“No, thank you. I still need to go to work.” She smiled.

“Then how should I compensate you? Give me your number to contact you.”

She shook her head. “It’s ok. It’s my duty as a citizen to help youngers not to get lost.” She smiled and waved “See ya!” With that, she left.

*Youngers? Yah! I’m sixteen, for god sake!*

He struggled and walked in the house.

 

No One’s POV

*He left me here on purpose!* Seo Yoon told herself when she asked a cleaning lady to know if she had seen Yunho. *He ran away before I could get him. I’m regretting it…*

Seo Yoon knew she had no more options, she had to go get the child.

When she got home, the house was a mess. Her dad was pulling his almost inexistent hair and screaming around. When he saw her, Seo Yoon almost smiled. He seemed as if he didn’t see her for years and not just some hours.

“Seo Yoon ah! Appa loves you, appa loves kids but… This demon... I can’t take her.”

“Appa! She’s an angel, she does noth-“

“Nothing, was what you wanted to say? Look at this mess!” He pointed at the living room, then at the kitchen, bathroom, room… Indeed, it was a mess.

She looked for Eun Sun and found her on the kitchen drawing… Wait, she was drawing not a paper but the kitchen’s table!! Seo Yoon hurried to take her out before her dad noticed it.

She turned to Eun Sun, holding hands with her. “Eun Sun, when I say «three» you have to run, ok?” After receiving a positive sign, she started walking towards the exit. She looked back. “We’re going now, appa!” She said, waving. Then she looked at Eun Sun and mumbled “Three.”

They started running right before the dad ran to see if he could catch them. “I’ll have to clean the house for myself… Mean girls” The dad sighed.

 

“We made it!” Seo Yoon smiled at Eun Sun when they were far away. They stopped a bit to catch their breath but Seo Yoon couldn’t wait any longer. “Let’s meet daddy, Eun Sun ah!” She smiled and picked Eun Sun up.

With her, she walked on the streets, jumping and singing, until she reached Yunho’s house.

“We’re here.” She let Eun Sun walk. “Let’s go say hello to daddy. He missed you so much that even went home earlier to prepare a good meal for you.”

“Really?” Eun Sun turned back to Seo Yoon.

She nodded. “Really!” Even though she was smiling, she just wanted to make Yunho pay for what he had done, leaving her alone with some jerks and going away.

“SEO YOON UNNIE!” Seo Yoon was woken up from her thoughts hearing Eun Sun’s scream. She ran and stopped when she reached the kid. “What’s wrong, darling?”

Eun Sun pouted and pointed at the living room. “A-A-Appa!”

Seo Yoon looked at that direction and… she saw Yunho watching tv and drinking beer. No, drinking lots of beers. And as if everything wasn’t enough, there was two girls accompanying him and shoving kisses everywhere of him.

She suddenly warmed up and walked in. “What’s wrong here? Yunho, explain it to me.”

No one could say Seo Yoon was a normal girl if they saw Yunho’s face after hearing her. He sat straight on the sofa, stopped drinking immediately and stepped a bit away of the girls. But yet, he didn’t want to be the looser in the fight so he argued back, pretending not to be scared. “I’m having fun with my friends… Isn’t that right?” He turned to them.

They laughed and drank a bit of more beer. They gave Yunho fruit to eat and kept walking and kissing him as if they were not there. And in front of a child as well.

Seo Yoon pulled Yunho in her direction, making him stand up. “Aren’t you embarrassed to be like that in front of your daughter?”

“DAUGHTER?!” The other girls stood up, shocked. “You have a daughter?”

Yunho shook his head, a bit embarrassed. “I don’t, this is-

“He has a daughter and a wife, girls. So get lost and stop interrupting us when we were…” she interlaced her arms around Yunho’s neck and started to speak really close to his ears and then mouth “… about to have… fun..” Seo Yoon stepped away while Yunho was still shocked in the same place. What had happened?

“AIGO.” A bag woke him up from his thoughts. He found himself being hit everywhere with the girl’s bags. “Stop it!”

“Bad guy!” They cried. “We thought you were single!”

“And I am! That’s a lie, it-“

“It’s not a lie, sweety. Aren’t we married already? We are even thinking about having a little brother for Eun Sun ah…”

That was the end of the girls. They were gone in a minute.

“Why did you do that!? Get out!!!”

“Why did you leave me alone? What about Eun Sun? Look at the child, look at her state!”

Yunho looked at Eun Sun, who was thumb and not moving from her place. He sighed. “Ok, ok. Then you’ll marry me, right?”

Seo Yoon rolled her eyes and put her tongue out. “We’ll see… in a few days. Eun Sun, time for bath” Eun Sun laughed a bit and ran to the bathroom, with Seo Yoon following.

 

“So, we arrived.” Seo Yoon said. A week had passed and they were going to see the exam’s results. If Seo Yoon ranked higher than him everything was lost… But Yunho already knew it was anyway… The exam was harder than he thought and Seo Yoon was a lot smarter than him.

They went to check the board results. Yunho looked for the ending sheets since he was one of the last names. Out of 100, he had ranked 66. Not bad for someone which exam had gone so bad but it was definitely bad for a student like Seo Yoon.

He went to meet her and bowed in defeat. “I lost.”

She got surprised. “WHAT?”

“Heh? Why so surprised? Were you afraid of me? No, I can’t beat you.”

“Sh-“ She wanted to say something but got quiet on time. “Then, how was your score?”

Yunho felt embarrassed. “Do I really have to say it?”

“Of course!”

“Oh… I was… Don’t laugh, I had 66 out of 100!”

Silence. Seo Yoon smiled for inside but pretended to be sad. “So… I lost… I scored 44 out of 100… The exam was really dif-“ She couldn’t keep going because Yunho started hugging and swinging her. “We’ll marry now, Seo Yoon. We’ll marry!”

*Aish, I don’t know why is he so happy, after all this is our ruin… But I’m fine with it. I didn’t want the kid to suffer anymore… And I think Yunho can be a greater dad with a bit of a help. If so, I’m happy* Seo Yoon laughed to the heavens. *Mommy, you’re seeing me, right? Your daughter is a crazy girl. Mianhe.* After that, she decided that all the swings were making her dizzy so she kicked him.

“Yah, why did you do that?” He yelled and ran after that.

“Welcome to my family, pretty boy. This is my way of welcoming someone.”

“You have strange ways to do so, huh…”

Seo Yoon looked back at him. “You don’t know how I apologize to someone yet, so I think you better stay quiet.”

Yunho sighed. *Why didn’t I choose another girl?*

“Because I’m pretty more interesting and fun”.

Yunho got startled. “Yah, now you read minds!?”

“You were being too obvious.”

*Let’s try…. One pig, two pigs, Seo Yoon pig!*

“Stop cursing me!” Seo Yoon said while walking. Yunho hurried to be on the same level as her again. “You’re a witch, right? That’s the answer! You can’t now what I am thinking about! It’s unnatural!”

Seo Yoon shrugged. “Think whatever you want. Let’s get Eun Sun now.”

“Eun Sun, Eun Sun… You only think about her” Yunho sighed. “Annoying” He mumbled.

“It’s not annoying, Yunho, she’s your daughter!”

“YAH!” Yunho stopped her by positioning himself in front her. “I caught you!!”´

“Huh?”

“You read my thoughts right now, I thought you were being annoying and you replied me! You’re definitely a witch, you big liar!”

“You were speaking out loud moron!! But if I’m a witch I can still cast a spell for you!”

“No… No…” Yunho pleaded and decided to run. It would be safer anyway than walking near her.

“Wait for me!” Seo Yoon ran, trying to catch him. *This guy is… unique.*