15.

Will You Marry Me?

 

No one's Pov

"So, when is daddy coming?"

"Will he like my new dress?"

"Am I pretty?"

"Can I go to the airport?"

"Eun Sun-ah, just let oppa rest a bit, will you?" Seungri asked, sighing. "I've been replying you for half an hour already. And the answer is I don't know; he will like it since I was the one who bought it and I have a pretty good taste; you're indeed pretty even though I don't know how as your father's genes aren't that great; and you can't go to the airport."

Eun Sun looked at Seungri with a confused expression. "What did you say you didn't know?"

"Eun Sun ah, let's just eat, okay?" Seungri pleaded.

She nodded and pouted, doing aegyo for Seungri.

"I'm not feeding you, kiddo. You're old enough already."

"But... Daddy always does so."

"I'm sure you're lying." Seungri replied, grabbing a mouthfull of dumplings. Eun Sun didn't reply, but kept pouting. Seungri promised himself not to give up.

"Okay, I'll eat as a big girl. But... Oppa... I've been curious. How are babies born?"

Seungri chocked. After drinking water, he got the spoon. "Okay, I'll feed you, okay!"

 

Yunho was hitting his chest with a closed fist. It was supposedly raining but he was really hot. That could be explained by having Seoyoon's head on his right shoulder and her arm around his waist. He looked at the tiny bit of hair that was falling to her eyes, and to her milky white skin and quickly looked otherwise as it was just making him feel hotter.

Seoyoon only woke up on the end of the travel, and her sleepy eyes made Yunho feel the urge of kissing her between the eyes. But he didn't. 

"Have we arrived?" She asked.

"Yes", he replied. "Do you want your ring?"

"Ah yes." She replied. She had asked him to keep it as it was painful to sleep with it. When he moved his right arm he let out a slight yell of pain as his arm was completely dormant.

“Oh, sorry. Was I that heavy?”

“As a rock”, replied Yunho, receiving a small punch on his already hurting arm. “Aish! As a leaf, as a leaf, okay?”

“I thought so.” Seoyoon smiled.

 

Seoyoon's POV

 We arrived home by taxi just to see Eun Sun and Seungri waiting for us in the front of the apartment complex.

“They’re crazy”, I said. “They’re waiting outside. Eun Sun is going to catch a cold!”

Yunho nodded but forgot to hide his amused expression.

“What?” I said, annoyed. He didn’t hold back and just laughed at me. “You’re a chicken mom, honey.”

“I’m not-what?” I frowned, and my heartbeat increased. “What did you call me? Like an old man.”

“You’re saying that but I know you enjoyed it.” Yunho laughed.

“I didn’t”, I replied. And it was true, I didn’t enjoy it – but my heart did. “Let’s just hurry up with the bags and approach them. I’m starving.”

Yunho closed the doors and locked the car. “You miss Eun Sun, right, chicken mom?”

“I don’t. Absolutely. But you should.” I didn’t know whether I was being stubborn or just flirting a bit. Maybe the second option because my love for Eun Sun couldn’t really be hidden.

When we approached our apartment Eun Sun came running at us. She jumped to my arms and I hugged her tightly. My heart was filled with love, and I felt something being born. A small space, a small desire for children of my own. A miracle, another miracle like Eun Sun. But I let out those feelings. We had a long time ahead.

“Were you fine? Did you have fun with uncle Seungri?” I asked her. She nodded, and I turned to him “Did she behave? Were you okay?”

Seungri’s face was expressionless. He seemed to be thinking about what to reply. “Well…. I learnt something new now. Don’t ask me again to be your babysitter.”

“But Eun Sun enjoyed to be with you!” Yunho replied, trying to ignore Eun Sun’s hands which were reaching out to him. ”You’re amazing, Seungri!”

“Uncle Seungri said appa’s genes weren’t good.” Eun Sun tatled him. “He didn’t want to tell me how babies were born either.”

I laughed, “Your daddy will explain you that tonight, right, honey?” With that, I retreated and then walked in the apartment.

 

The next days were crazy. I had to clean the house fully as the only thing Seungri did was making it dirty and run away later on. Eun Sun was going to the day care center daily, and Yunho went back to school.

Yunho would whine that I was being too harsh on him, and my father would also pass by and call me a “house sheriff”. I didn’t notice I was being too picky or strict but it was very likely as I had many things to do in the house.

Since I started living there I had no time to rest: I would work, go to school most of the time (if not I’d take another side jobs as well), take care of Eun Sun and still do the domestic work at home. Yunho would go to school, pick up Eun Sun later on and then go to his part-time job and come back at night too. I was full of work to do and stressed.

Like when I was washing the dishes after our dinner, and Yunho approached me by the back and hugged me. I was startled for a bit, and he started whining that I didn’t have much time for him and only for Eun Sun.

“I’m sorry, Yunho, but you know how things are right now. I’m tired.”

 He nodded. “But you still have time to play and take care of Eun Sun”.

“That’s because you don’t play with her. You come home tired and go immediately to rest. What if you took care of her a little bit? I’m full of work. I even have an essay report to deliver this weekend. It’s been two days and I haven’t even started it.” I replied, sighing.

“What do you want me to do? I’m tired from working and studying. Is it wrong of me to ask you for a bit of attention?”

“You’re tired?” I asked. “What about me then? I also study and work, and even do some extra work most of the time. Not to mention the house and Eun Sun – I take care of everything. What have you done here, Yunho? What have you done to help me rest for a bit? Because if you help me I can take some of my time to be with you. It’s unfair if you are only thinking about yourself.”

“I’m thinking about us!” Yunho replied. “There’s an ‘us’ here, right?”

My heart was beating fast and I was really angry. All frustration, tiredness and stress were piling up inside of me, and that led me to speak with a slightly louder voice. “Why don’t you help me?  Let’s divide some work then. You take care of Eun Sun and make dinner twice a week, and lunch on the weekends. What about it? I manage the rest, including the lunch boxes. The one who didn’t cook will take care of the dishes. Can we do it like this? Or do you want to act as a spoiled kid instead of a man?”

Yunho just yelled on frustration and left the house, not answering me. I kept washing the dishes in silence, and tried to stop the tears that wanted to overflow.

 

He didn’t come home that night. I was working on my essay while waiting for him and I finished by doing a one-night stand. At least I had fulfilled half of it.

At 6 am I decided to sleep for an hour but weirdly my clock didn’t ring on the right time. I woke up around 2 pm, and I realized that I had missed school and was late for work.

I searched for Eun Sun, wondering why she didn’t wake me up but I didn’t find her. Instead, I found a note on her bed. It was from Yunho.

“Hey, Seoyoon,

I arrived early, you were still sleeping. I’ll take Eun Sun to school today. Today’s my day off so I called your job and will substitute you there.

Rest for a bit and work on your report. I have some books that can help you around the shelves in the living room.

I’m sorry. And let’s talk later.

With care,

Yunho

P.S. Just in case you’re wondering, there’s nothing wrong with your alarm clock. I was the one who turned it off.”

I sat on the bed and smiled, holding the letter to my chest. All frustration was slowly going away and I felt happy.

 

No one’s Pov

Yunho was getting ready to leave work and get Eun Sun on the way when he received a message. “Thanks for your letter this morning”, he read. “I already picked up Eun Sun so don’t worry and take your time. We’ll be having lasagna for dinner so come ASAP!”

 “Well, she isn’t mad at me anymore, right?” He mumbled to himself.

He reached his home’s bus stop and breathed in and out before walking in. When he opened the door and put the keys on the entrance table he heard steps, and then Eun Sun appeared running. Yunho had no time to react when she threw herself to his arms, he just held her awkwardly.

“Daddy!” Yunho tried to smile and put her down. “Did you have a good day?”

Yunho nodded.

“Unnie, daddy’s here!” Eun Sun yelled, and Yunho heard someone throwing something and approaching the hall.

“Yunho…” She mumbled, and went forward. After some hesitation she hugged Yunho, saying ‘thank you’ over and over again. Yunho hugged her back, smiling.

 


A/N: Hey! I'm really sorry for not updating. From lack of time to lack of inspiration, I've gone through all.

Question time: What do you think of characters so far? Who do you think was wrong on the argument? ^^