12.

Will You Marry Me?

 

A/N: Already free from college and tests, that before my exams in January. Merry Christmas all.

Thank you so much for motivating me and asking for update. If not I wouldn't write it for sure.... because I lost all the things I had written before, I was already on half of the chapter... it so much!

Anyway I hope you enjoy it. Please tell me your thoughts ^^

 


 

SeoYoon's POV

I looked at myself on the mirror and blinked twice. How could I do it when this was nothing similar to my childhood dream or life goal?

But here I was, looking cute on a wedding dress; with a kind of stepdaughter and a husband-to-be who only needed me to look after his child. A marriage without love or benefits. Was I even sane? Who would do something like this? Just drama characters. Not even writers could sell books with this kind of plot. 

I looked above and smiled, though. I had made him suffer a little bit. I mean, who actually proposes by writing a note? Not funny, not romantic, and so cowardly. If we'd be having this big step at least he should do it accordingly. He didn't kneeled or anything, I was better than that. He was my servant for a few days... and also my car, my bike, my feet. He'd take me everywhere on his big (and well-defined!) back. Yes, I've watched many dramas before.

I heard someone knocking, and my dad walked in a few seconds later. He never understood the purpose of knocking - he'd just walk in three seconds later. Any time. 

"You're beautiful", he praised me and kissed my forehead.

"Thank you, dad!" I smiled. He seemed so nervous, and he couldn't stop looking at me.. he seemed actually to be feeling worse than I was feeling.

"You're just like your mother."

I looked at my dress and twirled. It was a white simple dress without arms, not too long but not too short either. I smiled. "My mother's dress was beautiful. She must have been very happy to dress it. I've always hoped to have a partner for life, just like you both had. This.... Thank you, daddy. For giving me life, love and joy. I love you."

"I love you too, sweety. I..." I hugged my father when he started crying and patted his back. "Daddy, don't cry. This is a happy occasion!" - Or at least I hoped it to be. My fingers were crossed. 

 

No one's POV

Yunho was jumping while waiting. He was so nervous. The wedding was scheduled to midday but she was already five minutes late. Ten minutes late. Fifteen minutes late. Twenty minutes late.

"I'm sorry, sir. Have you contacted your bride already?" The priest approached him. He was a man around his 50s, dressed with a black suit and already showing some white hair.

"She doesn't pick up.. Can you wait a bit longer? Please?"

"There's a wedding planned to the half past one. I'm afraid we'll have to delay your wedding. Do you mind exchanging? Their bride is already there."

"What about mine? She'll be here anytime soon!"

"Anytime when? You have no sure, sir. She may not come, that happens a lot too. But don't worry, we'll wait. Probably she'll come after the other wedding. Don't rush things, you'll have plenty of time to each other after being married", he smiled. Yunho bit his bottom lip but nodded.

He was furious. All his guests, even his parents who disapproved him and her so much, were there and she had failed him. He had became a laughable person, and just for a woman. Even Eun Sun was sleeping on Seungri's shoulders. Everyone had given up, and so did him. Without choice, he accepted the change and everyone retreated, leaving the space to the other family guests.

 

"Ahjussi, please go faster! We're late!" SeoYoon pleaded. "Dad, I shouldn't have listen you! I knew we would be late. Why returning home to do such a thing?"

"Your mother took her pre-wedding photos there and she wanted you to do the same."

"Daddy... Yunho's going to kill me. Don't laugh, that's not funny!"

"Don't worry. If he loves you, he'll understand." I trembled. Love. That was not in Yunho's dictionary. "Are we far?"

The driver shook his head. "Only ten minutes more, sir."

"Honey, isn't it better to call Yunho?"

"I tried but it got disconnected." She sighed. How angry could Yunho be?

 

"Great that we didn't marry or I'd want the divorce already!" Yunho explosed. "Seungri, go tell people that this wedding is canceled."

"But, Yunho... people just sat down! Are you going to make them leave one more time? Let's just wait a bit more, shall we?"

"There's no more waiting, this is canc-" Yunho got interrupted by the entrance music. She was coming. She was coming. What was he saying? What was he supposed to be feeling? His thoughts all vanished when he saw Seoyoon enter. She was beautiful.  Not only that; she could be the prettiest bride on earth.

Seungri, as the godfather, elbowed him and chuckled. "Wipe your mouth. Dribble is not good." 

But Yunho didn't seem to hear, and hurried to bring SeoYoon, who looked at him with a apologetic face. 

"I'm sorry." She whispered.

Yunho smiled. "It's okay, I understand. I didn't get mad or anything."

Seungri grumbled to himself. "You didn't feel mad or anything, right... aff." And then the wedding started. It was a beautiful ceremony, but all guests were only waiting for the final moment: the kiss.

SeoYoon wasn't ready for it, and Yunho was a bit taken back. But as soon the priest said he could kiss the bride, he didn't hesitate much longer. With a hand on her shoulder and the other on her face, he leaned him for a kiss. He stopped brieftly, only some inches appart, to see her reaction, but Seoyoon just moved forward and completed the process. It was only a smack but it did had a great effect on both. Claps were heard, and a few time later they were out of church.

After the wedding, they had lunch on a restaurant. It had music as well, so everyone was having fun. Everyone but SeoYoon. She couldn't take that small kiss over her head. And to make it worse, Yunho was always no where to be seen. His sister was always dancing with him, and everytime he tried to step back and dance with her, who was supposed to be his wife already, she'd just drag him to introduce him to a new person. Like if she had brought a lot of new acquaintances just for that purpose. 

When she went to the bathroom, SeoYoon took that opportunity to approach Yunho. She pulled to a hidden place and talked slowly. "Yunho, please be careful. I understand she's your sister, but you should give more attention to my guests as well. Up until now, I have been circulating between tables with this high heels. I'm tired."

"I'm sorry! I'll do so.. but I have a condition."

"What is it?"

"Call me honey." He smiled.

SeoYoon rolled her eyes. "Don't dream, Yunnie. This is as far as I can go."

"Okay, Yoonie!"

She trembled. "That's very lame!"

"It's our couple name.. and it sounds like 'honey', doesn't it? Yoonie?"

"I'll kick your . And with this heels on."

"Okay, okay... I'll do as you say, Yoonie. See you later."

She smiled, seeing him backing away. When he left she turned around, bumping into a person who happened to be Jihae. And she had a big glass of wine, who soaked SeoYoon's cerimony dress. While SeoYoon was shocked, she deeply apologized. However, before leaving, she gave her a smirk and shrugged. "Sorry, unnie. Such a pretty dress... a pity, really. But it didn't suit you much."

SeoYoon froze for a moment. She couldn't be serious. But she would not get to her level, not really. She just hurried and asked one of her friends to buy her another thing quickly. And when she did, and SeoYoon appeared again at the party, she was gorgeous. A simple white dress that substituted her pink one but made her collar protrude. Her hair was combed in a ponytail, and she even got her shoes out by adding a nice pair of sandals.

Yunho hurried there. "What happened? Why are you dressed like that?"

"I decided to change. How do I look?"

"Nice, actually. Very.. pretty."

Jihae approached him, smiling. "It's very nice, unnie. If I knew you'd become like this, I should have done the same to the wedding dress, I suppose. It suits you well, these kind of clothes. More fit to your standart, right, oppa?"

"What do you mean, Jihae?" Yunho frowned.

"Don't tell me you didn't notice, oppa. How innappropriate her clothes were. She was like a clown there, how funny."

"Jung Jihae!!" Yunho pushed her hand. "Don't be nasty. Are you a jealous ex-girlfriend or anything? Apologize."

"No, why should I? It's the true!"

"Apologize! Now!"

SeoYoon tried to calm him a bit. "Yunho, it's okay. Don't make a scene. Look at your parents."

"Don't try to look nice, damn. Because of you we're all like this. It's all because of you, , that I..." 

And that was it. Yunho's hand moved on its own and slapped her on her left cheek. Their parents immediatly rushed, while Jihae was crying. 

"Just look at what you did, bastard. Not only you disgraced us once but more than twice? We don't deserve this. We're out of here."

SeoYoon tried to stop them but they just left. Luckily no one else had noticed, but Yunho was not in the mood for more party. She grabbed his hand and brought him upstairs. "Let's go, Yunho. You can't be here right now. The staff area is on that side, it's restrict."

She sat him on a chair and brought him a glass of water. And then she kneeled in front of him, her hands on his legs for support. 

"I... Can you leave me alone?"

"I won't. Not this time. I won't abandon you." She smiled briefly, and placed her right hand on top of his. 

"SeoYoon... I know I'm not a good guy and I screw up a lot of times... but am I really that bad?"

Seoyoon took a breath to organize her thoughts. "You're not a bad guy, Yunho. You're actually very nice, and I know you have a good-heart. The way you care about Eun Sun, about your friends... it's the proof. You're not at fault either. Your parents are. They made you and Jihae like this."

"Jihae, she..." he sobbed. "She was never like this, you know? I... almost don't recognise her.

"She's young, Yunnie. And now all your parents' focus is on her, do you think she enjoys it? No."

He wiped his tears. "This isn't fair for you at all. Why did you marry someone like me? We're already having problems when this was supposed to be our happy day!"

"Well.. Why did I marry you..... shouldn't you answer that yourself? You were the one who pestered me about it. Idiot. Just relax, it's okay. You did nothing wrong. And now let's check Eun Sun and leave. She must have woken up by now and I have no more patience for guests."

 

And then they bid their farewells. They were going on a honeymoon for Jeju Island, offered by one of SeoYoon's bosses.

Eun Sun kissed both of them and said she was going to take goodcare of Seungri oppa - "... so please don't worry, daddy!"

"I won't. Behave well!"

"He will, I'll be sure, daddy!"

Seungri grumbled. "He's talking about you, brat."

"No bad mouths are allowed, Seungri oppa! You'll go to the thinking chair if you turn into a bad boy!"

SeoYoon smiled. They were going to be okay with their absence.

But what about them? What could wait for them?