3.

Will You Marry Me?

SeoYoon’s Pov


Ok, two hypotheses:

1. This guy had some kind of mental disease.

2. I was the type of girl to die for.

Since the second point was not true, I opted for the first one.

Now, seriously. Who, in his right state of mind, would ask a girl he just met for marriage? Or, was it a new way of getting girls?

As if he read my thoughts, he sat again and spoke.

"Don’t get me wrong, I have no interest on you, you’re not my type of girl at all."

Ok, that hurt, I admit.

"… But I need your help."

I rested my chin on my hand and listened to him. He seemed to be really embarrassed and serious. Well, one point for him.

"You need my help. I got it. You didn’t explain me why." I said and he sighed.

He drank some water and looked straight at me.

"My family is going bankrupt. Last year our finances were okay, my family lived in the countryside while I was in Seoul working to earn money. When our finances stabilized, we all moved to Seoul but with this crisis our situation is tight."

I could relate to that, I honestly could. When my mom got sick, I was still 14, I didn’t know other kind of world. I began to work and help my family, I also used to use the money for the treatments and food.

" … Now they mov-"

"I’m sorry, can you repeat? I think I got lost on our conversation." I clumsy apologised. *Focus, focus*, I told myself.

"I said my dad was fired and they wanted to take my sister out of school. I was the main sustenance in the family but all jobs I took were not well-paid. If I marry, I can be emancipated and get more well-paid jobs."

"Ok, don’t you think that’s extreme? Why don’t you ask your relatives for a loan? Also, I can give you this money for comp-"

"I don’t need that money" he hit his hand on the table and stood up. I tried to calm down after the fright he gave me. "I just need a wife! Get it?"

"Can you calm down, please? Everybody’s looking at you. Did you really expect me to accept it right away? I’m not an easy girl, boy."

"I…"He sat back down "Sorry. I’m in a serious mess right now. Moreover, my family will go back to the countryside and I’ll be alone with a child, I can’t take care of kids!"

"Kids?"

"Yes. Someone sent a little girl to my house, with a note saying it was mine. Problem is, she’s not my daughter. I don’t even recall the mom’s name!"

"You’re sure? Why don’t you report her to the police?"

"Because my family doesn’t believe me and says they know who the mother is. Insane, yeah, but what can I do? They are forcing me to take care of a child when I don’t even have enough money to support my family!"

"… " I didn’t know what to say. But, c'mon, marriage was such a great step I wouldn’t take it lightly. "I can double the money for you. Just give me some weeks."

"I can’t. I need a wife right now, Lee Seo Yoon sshi, I don’t need your money. And if you’re a woman of honour you’ll accept my request."

"You’re crazy. How can I accept it?" I gave him the envelope and stood up, bowing. "Goodbye!"

When I started walking, something hit my back. I turned around and it was the envelope. I picked it up and looked at Yunho.

"I told you so. I don’t want your money."

"Ok, then I won’t give you any." I replied and left.

"Next week’s exam!"

"What?!" I turned around to face him.

He stood up and yelled. "If you beat me on next week’s exam, you don’t need to compensate me. If not, you’ll have to marry me."

*Oh, c'mon…* I rolled my eyes. That guy was known for not being a good student, from the gossips I heard before class started. How could he beat me?

"Ok, I accept it. Study hard, ok?" I laughed.



Yunho’s Pov


“Ok, I accept it. Study hard, ok?” She left after that.

"Ok" he smiled but the smile quickly faded away. "Wait, did I challenge her on a school’s exam? Does it mean I have to study? Arghh! I want to die!"

Yunho poked himself thousands of time until he mentalized himself to study.

*Starting today, I’ll work hard*, Yunho promised himself and went home to study.

When he came home, happy with his decision, he saw a caos in his room. Everything was messy.

"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED IN MY ROOM?" He yelled.

From the bathroom, Jihae appeared with a scared Eun Sun behind her.

"Sorry, oppa. I was trying to bath Eun Sun ah but she said she wanted to bath in oppa’s bathroom. It was so hard to convince her that we played a bit."

"A bit? “A bit” means leaving my room chaotic, with clothes and things fallen in the ground? Does it?"

Eun Sun abruptly started crying and Jihae picked her up.

"Oppa, how can you be so insensitive? Eun Sun ah only wanted to see her appa, right?" Jihae lulled her.

Yunho rolled his eyes. "Whatever. Clean this up. I’ll be in the kitchen."

"Oppa." Jihae put Eun Sun on the ground and mumbled at him. "We’re leaving tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? Are you out of your mind? How can I study with a kid here!? This exam decides my life!"

"Dad spoke with your school director, for a while you can bring the kid to school."

"To school? I’ll be crucified!"

"Stop it. It’s your daughter, please at least respect her."

"She’s not my daughter!" Yunho replied and was pushed when Eun Sun ran and left the room.

"Omo, Eun Sun! Oppa, you’ve gone too far. Can’t you just pretend?"

"Jihae!"

"Get lost!"

Yunho looked at his room again. *Maybe I went too far but…*

Whatever. Yunho went to the kitchen table and started studying.



No One’s Pov


"Appa doesn’t like me?" Eun Sun asked Jihae, tearing.

"He’s only confused, sweety. He never took care of a child before, you know that."

"Hum." She nodded.

"You want to be a good daughter to appa?"

"Hum."She nodded again, smiling a bit.

"Appa has to study this weekend so you can’t interrupt him. Ok? Don’t be noisy and obey him."

"Can’t I stay with you?" Eun Sun pouted.

"You can’t. But if everything works out good you’ll have company soon."

Eun Sun smiled and Jihae patted her head. "Omo, such a good kid!"

"I love you, auntie."She hugged Jihae.

" Love you too sweety!"

That night his family moved, leaving them alone.

Eun Sun watched how her appa was concentrated on something. She felt curious so she pulled his coat.

He looked at her. "What?"

"What ‘u’ doing?"

"Huh?"

"What ‘u’ doing?" Eun Sun still didn’t know how to pronounce every word correctly.

"Studying."

"Stud… What’s that?"

Yunho answered quickly. "Something you don’t need to know. Be a good girl, go watch tv or the bogeyman will eat you."

That worked because she ran away. Yunho sighed and kept studying until it was 1 am.

He had already forgotten about the kid when he finished. He packed his things and prepared to leave when he saw that kid sleeping at the kitchen’s entrance.

*The ground is cold, won’t she get a cold?* he tried to shake her but she didn’t wake up. Well, she knew what she was doing anyway, right?

*Maybe she wants to sleep here* he shrugged and went to his room. In five minutes, he was asleep.

He woke up hearing some mumbles. It was already 10 am. He went downstairs and got scared when he saw a kid there.

*Ok, I have to get used to her presence*, he thought.

He wondered why was the kid sobbing and hugging herself.

He went to the kitchen but first looked at her.

"What’s up, kid?"

"Appa, I’m... cold."

"Appa? It’s Yunho for you, little kid." he grabbed a glass of milk. "Want a little?"

"I’m cold."She cried louder.

*Aff, kids are not thankful nowadays? I was trying to be nice.*

Yunho was toasting bread when he heard something. He turned around to see Eun Sun collapsed on the ground.

He ran to her.

"Kid, what’s up? Look at me, stop pretending. Yah, I’ll give you a chocolate. Ice cream chocolate then." No response.

Yunho tried to call his family or Seungri but they didn’t pick up.

*I have that girl’s phone… but…*

Yunho looked at Eun Sun and at the phone. *Even if you’re not my kid, you don’t deserve to be like this.*

"Yoboseyo?" He said when she picked up the phone. "Lee Seo Yoon sshi, I need your help. No, I don’t want to interrupt your studies, I… The kid collapsed now, I’m not sure why. Fever? Wait." He touched Eun Sun’s forehead.", she’s burning. Hospital? Oh. Ok, I’ll be there. I’ll explain the situation on my way."

Yunho held the kid and put some blankets over her, putting her on his car.



Seo Yoon came running to the hospital. After asking for the patient room number, she ran and found Yunho walking back and forth.

When he saw her he sighed and approached her.

"Good you ca-"

Seo Yoon Lee slapped him as response. "How can you treat your own daughter like that? Huh?"

"She’s not my daughter, I told you!"

"Whatever, she’s a kid and needs protection!"

"Then protect her!"

"I can’t! I’m not her mother."

"Then turn into one."

"Are you crazy?" She laughed at him.

"I’m serious. Marry me. Everything will be solved."

"Just shut up. Shut up." Seo Yoon said.

"You-"

"Mr Jung?" The doctor came, with a document in his hand.

"It’s me." Yunho said and approached him.

"Your daughter is-"

"She’s not m-"

Seo Yoon stepped on him, furiously. "Keep going, doctor. Please."

"She’s fine now but she needs to rest. She has got constipation only but if she was not taken here on time it could be worse, she’d get pneumonia."

"Thanks God." Seo Yoon sighed. "When will she be able to leave, doctor?"

"Right now. She’s ok. Just buy some pills and take care of her and she’ll be fine."

"Thank you doctor." She bowed and was surprised to see Yunho already seated. *What the…*

"YAH, won’t you thank the doctor?"

"Thank you!" Yunho put his hand on the air waving at the doctor.

"YAH!" Seo Yoon Lee pulled him and obligated him to bow. "It’s your child!"

"I told you it’s n- Aigo!" He held his leg where she kicked him. He was speechless.

"I’m sorry doctor." Seo Yoon apologised. "Thank you."

"It’s fine. Take care of her, don’t forget to give her the pills and anything you need ask to talk to Dr. Shim Changmin, ok?"

She nodded. "Okay. Thank you." She bowed again. *Omo, he’s also so good-looking!*

*Aish, he kicks my leg but it’s too nice with that doctor!* Yunho thought, still massaging his leg.

"Let’s go get the child, Yunho sshi."

"I’m going. I’d be quicker if someone didn’t hurt my leg." He grumbled. "Prepare yourself."

"Prepare? Why?"

"The kid, she’s a monster!"

"What?"

"She’s really a mean kid, especially with the ones she doesn’t know."

"R… Really?"Seo Yoon was a bit scared.

"Yes. Maybe you could run now."

"Oh… You don’t need my help?"

"No."

"Then, buy the pills. I’m going." Seo Yoon gave the recipe to him but he stopped her.

"Wait, huh… The kid is not that bad, actually, just a little moody. Stay with me, please."

"Stay? Are you afraid of a kid?" She laughed.

"Well, you’ll see when you get there!"

"You’re letting me uneasy."

Seo Yoon stopped at the kid’s room door, prepared for the worst. Yunho walked in first and all of him was trembling. His face was scared and he seemed already in tears. He was telling her to leave quickly.

She breathed deeply and entered the room.

“Appa!” A smiling girl was broadening her arms to Yunho.

*Ok… Is it why he’s trembling? Is this a bad scenario?*

When the girl started to pout, she understood everything. Yunho didn’t really understand kids. How cute. Poor kid, Seo Yoon pitied her.

"What are you smiling at?"Yunho looked at her and covered his ears."Stop her!"

*He seems he’s going to cry soon* Seo Yoon Lee laughed.

"Shut up." She said and smiled, turning to see Eun Sun.

"Hello sweety."

"Who are you?" She answered.

"I’m-"

Yunho was quicker. "Your new mommy, Lee Seo Yoon. We’ll get married.

 


 

Hello!

I hope you like this update and the new poster ;) I wrote even more because I loved the poster. What do you think?

Please wish me luck on my exams! Tell me what do you think about this fanfic, don't just stay silent, ok?

 

Btw, should I give you some Eun Sun pics? hehe

 

Isn't she cute?? Aigooo >.<