10.

Will You Marry Me?

 

A/N: A big update to compensate you a bit ^^

Please comment your thoughts on the story so far!

 


 

 

Yunho's Pov

Yunho came home drunk.

Supporting himself on the wall, he closed the door with his right foot and walked to the living room. He laid down on the ground, almost unconscious.

 

He woke up after his phone rang for the twelfth consecutive time and looked at the hours. It had only been five hours since he overslept, why would people call him?

He went to the kitchen to get a glass of water and take a headache pill when he saw a different cup in the shelf.

“This is Seoyoon’s”, he mumbled. “I should give it back”. However, his mixed feelings made him put it back and leave the kitchen. He was getting too many excuses to be able to see Seyoon, even if just for a while.

“What should I do today?” He said, “Since it’s Saturday I should go to the soccer field…” Yunho was going to get dressed when he received another call. Sighing, he picked up.

“YAH, YUNHO!!! WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU? I’VE BEEN CALLING YOU FOR TWO DAYS!”

“Hey, relax, Seungri! You’re going to ruin my ears. Yesterday I went drinking but everything was okay. And I was about to ask you to go play soccer with me this Saturday.”

“YOU’RE CRAZY! NOW’S SUNDAY! YOU SLEPT FOR TWO DAYS MAN AND DIDN’T EVEN-”

“Two days? Wow!” Yunho replied, happy with himself. “I haven’t slept so well for a long time. It’s pity. I missed the Saturday, though.”

“I’m not talking about that now! Eun Sun ran away and everyone’s worried looking after her. Seoyoon refused to call you so I did it inst-”

“Seoyoon? She’s here? Did she ask you anything about me?”

“Why would she? She only cares about the child, the one you abandoned. Why are you asking me about her anyway? Your kid is more important.”

“Ahh, forget it. So what are we going to do?” Yunho rubbed his lips together, with fear. “Did you call the police?”

“We did it yesterday, no answer. We have to wait 24h for them to report her as a missing person, we'll call them again in a few minutes.”

“That’s bul! That’s why there are lots of disappeared people in this country. Bunch of incompetents! And the parents of them are also-” He stopped his sentence, reflecting on what he was about to say.

He could hear Seungri sighing. “See? You also agree with me. Let’s meet on the Starter Coffee Shop and we’re going to look out for her that way.”

They hang up and Yunho was about to get his coat when he thought.. "Wait, we? So...?"

He called Seungri again, just in case.

"What now, hyung?"

"You said we'd meet on the coffee shop, right?"

"Yes, so..?"

"Will... Will Seoyoon come as well?"

"What? Why are you worried about her in a time like this? Aish... Yes, she'll come. Bye"

"By-", Yunho was cut by the sound of the call being disconnected. 

 

No One's Pov

Seoyoon was the first one to arrive. She sat on a available table and ordered a milk coffee as she was waiting.

Yunho and Seungri, being the naive ones, came last. 

"Seoyoon noona!" Seungri greeter her by kissing her hand, what made Yunho jealous. When he saw that his friend was about to seat near her he pulled his friend by the back of his shirt and was able to seat first, making Seungri have no choice but to seat in front of her. On a childish act, Yunho drew with his hands the hangul characters for "mehrong" while Seyoon wasn't paying attention.

"So, any more news?" Seungri rolled his eyes at Yunho and directed his question to the girl.

"I called the police, they'll tell the police stations around the areas. We'll look for her in these quarters, it's better if we split up."

"I'll go with you!" They said at the same time.

Seoyoon breathed hard because she was already annoyed that she was in the same place as Yunho but replied with a "No, you don't", saying it was better to go alone.

And then they started running. Yunho went to the park, to the school, to his neighborhood area, and even to the shops he had visited with Eun Sun but she wasn't anywhere. Seoyoon asked the people at the streets and at the bus stop but no one had seen the kid... and Seungri wasn't that lucky either.

It was already two o 'clock when they met. Their faces showed their disappointed and worry, and it just changed after Seoyoon got a phone call.

"Hi? Yes, it's me.... Oh I see. Where is it? Thanks. We'll come." Seoyoon hang up and looked at the boys. "They found a kid walking in the streets of Busan. She was a bit lost and she says she's five years old, but we have to make sure."

"Eun Sun's just three years old, it can't be her." Yunho said, in a plausible way.

Seoyoon nodded. "We have to make sure. She's a smart kid so she may have lied about her age."

Seungri agreed. "So, I'm going with you. Someone must stay her and look for her just in case. Yunho?"

Yunho refused: "I'm her father, I must come. I have to."

And then they took the bus to the train station and 30 minutes later they were already in Busan. They found the police station fifteen minutes after and proceeded to enter. 

The police station was almost empty, with two polices at entrance but no one more being seen. They looked at each other, with doubts, but went to ask the police officer where was the child.

As they were finished with the question a small kid appeared from the back door and ran to them. Yunho felt his heart beat strongly and looked at the child. However it was not Eun Sun, as it was proven by her run toward the police officer they were talking to.

"Sorry, she's my daughter. So, you're looking for a child named Eun Sun? I'm sorry but we didn't receive any news for the moment."

Yunho hit his fist on the table, frustrated.

"How's that possible? I received a call from your station", Seyoon informed him. "We came her purposely to get her."

The policeman seemed confused but stood up "I'll talk to my colleagues, please wait just a moment."

As he disappeared Seoyoon noticed how Yunho had his head on the table and his hands on the top of it. She put her hand on his shoulder to calm him a bit but he took it as a sign of permission to hug her instead. She tried to move away but Yunho hugged her with more strength. She just relaxed after feeling something wet on her shoulders.

"So he is crying?", she thought. She patted his back for a bit and then the police officer came back with another one following him. She pushed Yunho in a gentle way and they nervously waited.

"I'm sorry," the police oficcer said. Without noticing, the two of them were holding hands as that way they could be strong to hear those news "I think I made a confusion. The child you're looking for was indeed here, my colleague went with her to have lunch. They must be there any minute, I hope she's the one you're looking for."

Yunho took the only photo he had since she had taken her ID Card with her and gave it to the officers. "She's the one we're looking for. Is she the one?"

The second officer analysed carefully and then nodded. "It seems so. Please wait for a bit, they must be coming. They left 1 hour ago so they must b- Oh, they're here."

Hearing it Yunho turned away to see a female cop walking with a small girl. As it was not clear since they were still far, the kid's face started getting more and more recognisable as they were approaching.

As he confirmed, Yunho opened the door and ran to the little girl but was in shock when the kid hid behind the officer.

"Eun Sun? Eun Sun? It's daddy."

"I have no daddy", she said. 

He frowned. "Eun Sun!"

"I want my mommy. I want my mommy. Give me back mommy!" Eun Sun finally cried, falling on the ground.

Yunho picked her up and bowed to the officer to thank her while Seoyoon took care of all the paper work and called Seungri to inform him.

They left the station but Eun Sun was not talking. Seoyoon took her from Yunho and kissed her on the cheek.

"Eun Sun ah, it's unnie!"

Eun Sun stopped crying for a moment and rubbed her cheek against Seoyoon's. "Unnie.. Bring me to my mommy."

"Why?"

"Appa doesn't want me. I want my mommy."

Yunho grabbed her by the arm. "Say that again, kid. Say it", he challenged her.

Eun Sun repeated it, scared. "Y-You don't l-love me. It's true. I hate you. AHH."

"Yunho, you're hurting her! Stop!"

Yunho didn't notice he was grabbing her with force so he let go and took Eun Sun and sat with her in a chair of the park they were walking by.

"Eun Sun ah, listen this carefully. Didn't I give you something to eat?"

"Yes."

"Didn't I give you a place to sleep?"

"Yes."

"Did I abandon you?"

"You'd leave me alone. I hate nights, they're scaring. You don't li-"

"Eun Sun ah, I like you. You're my daughter." He grabbed her hand carefully. "I may have not the skills because I'm a kid myself, but I'll try hard. Your mother left you with me, and I won't abandon you as she did."

"My mommy had her reasons. I want her."

"We'll look for her, I promise. But can't you stay with me?"

Eun Sun looked at the ground before facing him again. "Can Seoyoon unnie stay as well?"

"Huh?"

"I want Seoyoon unnie to be my new mommy."

"Seoyoon is your unnie, Eun Sun. She doesn't like appa, you get it?"

"It's a lie. She's always helping you, you're the one who's mean to her. And you like her too."

"Eun Sun, what are you saying??"

"You like, I know. Can't you get married? Appa? Unnie?"

Yunho looked at Seoyoon who was as shocked as him and chose a pacific answer. "Let's see, Eun Sun. Now let's go home, okay?"

"Yes!"

"Anything you want to eat?"

"I ate already, I'm full. Let's go to the zoo!"

"Appa didn't eat anything, Eun Sun. Let's stop by McDonalds first, okay?"

"Zoo! Zoo!"

"Eun Sun!"

"Appa, don't worry. If you're hungry you can eat bananas. I heard they give bananas to monkeys there."

"Oh thank you so much for your analogy." Yunho mumbled, but Eun Sun didn't seem to understand.

Seoyoon smiled as everything was okay and hurried to catch their rythme. "Our Eun Sun is really smart, she can figure the situation out very well."

"Yah!" Yunho was annoyed. "Are you also calling me a monkey?"

"Well... Now that I see it you seem more like a kangoroo. You're always jumping around."

Eun Sun laughed. "Then I'm a little kangoroo?"

"Yes, that's true!"

"What does kangoroos eat, unnie?"

"Humm... Let's see.... They eat plants."

"Plants?", Eun Sun frowned and then started running. She came back with some leafs and gave it to Yunho. "Appa, have a meal."

"Eun Sun, I don't eat that kind of thing."

Eun  Sun pouted, making Yunho nervous. "But appa is hungry, appa has to eat plants or he dies."

"I'm a carnivorous kangoroo. I only eat meat."

Eun Sun nodded. "I see. Then.. What about going to McDonalds first? Appa, you like my idea?"

Yunho made an effort not to poke her. "You have wonderful ideas. Let's go!"

"But... Appa?"

"Are kangoroos allowed in restaurants?"

"Yes if they're as hot as me."